An arena for the Tei'kaliaths to show their creativity!

Fanfic- Fate of the Drow(Chapter 3)

Postby Aerisa on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:34 am

My second story. Y'all awaited it impatiently, heh? =3 While Demonic Bond explored Lae'ryza's future, Fate of the Drow explore our Clan's past, and prove that even the seemingly most insignificant of it's member can hide many, many secrets...

I'll be honest, Fate is a lot more complex to write than Bond was. It took me a whole WEEK before I managed to get chapter one to satisfy me. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but unlike Demonic Bond where I was able to post one chapter nearly every day, I can only hope to achieve one chapter a week for Fate. I'm going to try to go for two, but I can't make any promises. Also, since it happens in the past, there won't be any cameos from clan members(sorry guys!).

If you're still interested in reading it, well, have fun! =D

Table of Content-

Chapter One-
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13408&p=562383#p562384

Special Mini Story- Lae'ryza and Shiir's Meeting(One shot)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13408&p=565982#p565982

Chapter Two-
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13408&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p568745

Chapter Three-
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13408&p=570179#p570179
Last edited by Aerisa on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Fanfic- Fate of the Drow (Chapter one)

Postby Aerisa on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:37 am

Chapter One-

Blood. Blood everywhere, on every rocks, on every cell of her skin... Death. Lying in front of her, it's face frozen in anger, hatred and pain. She caressed the Drow's short, bloodied hair, a single question haunting her mind as her fingers strayed from his hair into his exposed brain... why? Why seek this end with so much despair, so much energy? Why think that what will befall us is what we desire, when the opposite happens? She closed her eye, praying to the Moons as she pressed her lips against the warm flow of blood, feeding to her heart's content...

Though we are your children no longer, though you have forsaken us, great Goddesses, allow this soul peace by welcoming him to your Eternal Palace, and let him shine by your side as one of the guardian of this world, so that never, ever again, a soul may have to face what it has faced...

“I want you on your best behavior. Be polite, but proud. Do me honor, and you will honor yourself.”

“Yes Mother.”

“This is your only chance to make a good impression on her, do you hear me?”

“I do, mother.” The young boy walked next to his mother, nervously anticipating the moments to come. No matter how many breath he took to try to calm his worries, his Mother's constant talking only served to revive his anxiety. The pivotal moment of his life, the event he had been prepared for since his birth... the day he would meet the Heir of their house... Pleasing her would open more doors than he could imagine, failing to... he glanced at his mother, gulping. He didn't want to IMAGINE what she would do to him if he failed...

They stopped at the end of a corridor, in front of a door covered in various, elaborate sculpture. The guards glared at him before turning their eye to her mother... with a nod from her, they started opening the door...

“It's now or never, Ha'lion...”

“DON'T!” She jumped, panting as the images from the visions jumped in her mind. So clear, so.. vivid, inevitable. But what? For who? She groaned, bringing a hand to her face, finding it strangely wet. She paused, taking the time to feel the liquid against her face...

“Your illness has been acting up again, Mistress. I took care of you during this time.”

She turned her head, reality coming back in her mind as she looked at the gentle face of the girl next to her.. “La?” The girl nodded, bringing a damp cloth against her forehead.

“You have been very ill, Mistress, you need to rest. Please lie down so that I may take care of you.” She looked in her servant's yellow eye. Very ill... possessed by her curse...

“How long was I unconscious?”

“Five hours, Mistress. Most of it spent screaming in your slumber. You should rest...” She sighed as she laid back onto her soft bed. She didn't even remember going to bed, her last memory was preparing for...

“WAIT! What about my meeting!? I had to meet my grandson!” She jumped off the bed, quickly losing her balance...

“Mistress!” La jumped toward her, catching her before she could fall against the ground. The servant grimaced as she dragged her Mistress back into her bed, straining her young muscles into the task. The same thing happened every single time she fell ill. She always tried to exhaust herself before she had even STARTED recovering... She sighed after placing the woman back in her bed, gently covering her with a blanket. “The meeting was delayed Mistress, PLEASE... your descendants need not see you in this state... They know you as a Hero... as the great and strong Mara'lith... You mustn't break your legend if you wish to remain in power...”

Both looked in each other's eyes for some second, trying to convince the other from their gaze... Yet it was the Slave who won, and the Mistress closed her eyes, letting sleep come to her...

“This is a story I am sure most of you know, yet of all of our tales, it is most probably the tale most worthy of our attention. Once upon a time, a city named Damia existed near our own. It was no doubt smaller than ours, but it's grandeur shamed even our beloved Queen, for the Damian had done what even she couldn't. Using only their hands and aura, they had turned a piece of underground wasteland into a piece of overworld, filled with life of all sorts.”

“All in it was thriving, until one day... all started falling apart. The buildings, the plants, the insects, the animals, the commoners... even the nobles, all fell, one after another.”

“The Royal family gathered for an emergency meeting. The eldest daughter of the Queen, Lae'malyss, accused our own Queen of being responsible for their plight. With the support of her family, she started building an army to get revenge for their fallen, and take from her what they felt she had taken from them... only one daughter opposed her plans...”

“MARA'LITH!” A few young voices rose at once, enticing a nod from the storyteller.

“Mara'lith, the youngest and supposedly weakest of the Queen's daughters... She said none was to blame but the city itself, for their own home was killing them, no one else. All of her siblings laughed and ridiculed her. Who was she to oppose them, after all? Only a simple minded, childless weakling, a shame on their bloodline, now and forever... “

All children booed, and the narrator had to wait a bit before he could continue.

“While her Sisters prepared for war, she and a few supporters went to our city again and again, negotiating with our Queen, trying to convince her as well as her own that their fight would amount to nothing. She failed. While the two forces clashed, she escaped from Damia...”

All members of his audience, even the adults, were now hung on his lips...

“Both side were obliterated, not by the other's force, but by the proof of Mara'lith's words. A Great Elemental, rising from the very floor of the city, killing any and all who failed to escape it's wrath... thousands of needless death, that could have been avoided had anyone even bothered to listen to the frail yet blessed Mara'lith, who sees and hears all...”
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Re: Fanfic- Fate of the Drow

Postby waffleferret on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:37 am

Aerisa wrote:My second story. Y'all awaited it impatiently, heh? =3 While Demonic Bond explored Lae'ryza's future, Fate of the Drow explore our Clan's past, and prove that even the seemingly most insignificant of it's member can hide many, many secrets...

I'll be honest, Fate is a lot more complex to write than Bond was. It took me a whole WEEK before I managed to get chapter one to satisfy me. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but unlike Demonic Bond where I was able to post one chapter nearly every day, I can only hope to achieve one chapter a week for Fate. I'm going to try to go for two, but I can't make any promises. Also, since it happens in the past, there won't be any cameos from clan members(sorry guys!).

(Chapter one will be posted immediately after this post)

YAYS ABOUT TIME *offical member of Aerisa fan club*
:V
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Aerisa on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:43 am

waffleferret wrote:
Aerisa wrote:My second story. Y'all awaited it impatiently, heh? =3 While Demonic Bond explored Lae'ryza's future, Fate of the Drow explore our Clan's past, and prove that even the seemingly most insignificant of it's member can hide many, many secrets...

(Chapter one will be posted immediately after this post)

YAYS ABOUT TIME *offical member of Aerisa fan club*
:V

....You are one quick little Ferret xD *Noodgie!* x3333
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 am

ahh noogie noooooos!!! *upset* ouch

wait a sec Mara ...Mara'lith... *conection* HAHA same carrie prephaps ? :V

your so not going to tell me
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Aerisa on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:55 am

waffleferret wrote:ahh noogie noooooos!!! *upset* ouch

wait a sec Mara ...Mara'lith... *conection* HAHA same carrie prephaps ? :V

your so not going to tell me

Bwahaha! x33 C'mon, it's not like I'd noodgie you THAT hard =p I'm not... too... cruel... }:3

As for the Mara/Mara, I am going to tell, actually. x3

One is a new born Demon. One is a Drowess from our clan's old city. They CAN'T be the same charrie x3

(Speaking of Mara(demon) though, if your character is as hyper as you are, she would absolutely ADORE you. xD )
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:05 am

im not hyper im more sadistic then Ombr'eh !! and i could kick maras but *hiya* ...*jumps and hits wall* ...epic ...fail X_X

so the mara's are differnt huh ? i should exspect a better plot then that from u by now i guess ... that would have been too ovious
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby KyoKvl on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:34 am

Nice =) can't wait to see what else you've got down for this story :D
"I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds it."
Profile: Rahil'rez Tei'kaliath
KyoKvl
Tainted

Postby benuminister on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:35 pm

I would like to see how you portray the old clan. Keep up the good work.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Re: Fanfic- Fate of the Drow(HIATUS SEE INSIDE)

Postby Aerisa on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm very sorry to be the bringer of bad news, especially since I should post the new chapter right now, but this story is going on a temporary Hiatus. I had a small accident yesterday at our cabin(see below if you want to know what exactly happened), and while it's nothing to endanger me I'm going to be a pain-killer popper for quite a few days, perhaps even a few weeks, and I need as much rest as I can get to bear the pain which is, as of now, pretty high.

I will also warn all of those who frequent Skype: While I am still available for small chats(and I'll LOVE it if you drop by to say hello ^-^ ), I'm going to have to stay away from every mass convos, ESPECIALLY vocal. My brain is a little fuzzy from the pain, so I'm not really able to process spoken English as well as I normally can. Considering that I have some difficulty understanding English even under normal conditions(since I'm French)... you get the idea. This also mean that I'm going to stay away from the normal PTP mass-convo, and perhaps the shoutbox. I'll see depending on how I'm feeling.

I hope you all understand and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience I'm causing, but I need to take care of myself.

Thank you!

Warning: Description of my accident following, don't read if you're squeamish.

For those of you who might be wondering, I accidentaly got hit by a metal baseball bat on the head(right above my left eye to be exact). As you can imagine that alone is NOT pleasant. At all. Aside from leaving me on the ground screaming in pain for about 20 minutes(and stunned from the pain for much longer), it gave me a bone-deep wound that required many stitches(Nine if I remember well. Three inside, six outside.) as well as a raccoon eye. My skull is fine however(which only serve to prove how hard-headed I am xD ) and I don't seem to have gotten any traumas(or a very, very light one), so it's pretty much just a matter of bearing with the pain and deciding if having a scar over my eyebrow is cool or not.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Ouch. *eek*

Get well soon Aerisa. ^^
"I was there." B-5RB
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Aerisa on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Kail'odian wrote:Ouch. *eek*

Get well soon Aerisa. ^^

I'll try my best, thank you! x3 *hug*
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Meckruco on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:32 pm

i offer my services for revenge and or vengance apon my return stateside.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Aerisa on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Meckruco wrote:i offer my services for revenge and or vengance apon my return stateside.

LOL! xD I appreciate the thought, but it was an accident. It isn't really anyone's fault, it's just the circumstances that made it happen. Beside, you'd need to get in Quebec to do that, and if you ever did I'd be much more interested in taking you out for a pizza than in seeking revenge x3
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 pm

I hope your recovery is swift.. that sounds like real bad luck *eek*
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Next

Return to The Theatre