An arena for the Tei'kaliaths to show their creativity!

Re: Demonic Bond (Chapter Four)

Postby Aerisa on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Do you have tea nearby? If so, grab it and relax. This chapter is a lot slower than the others. No big punch, mostly an emotions-fest. Don't worry, things will get a LOT more interesting in Chapter 5... x3

I'll repeat my previous announcement here in case some of you would have missed it: Unless there are any last minute changes, this story should end around chapter eight, give or take.

Chapter Four -

“Lae'ryza?” Dsieda sat next to her bed, removing some strands of brown hair from her face. She looked... pitiful... remains of dried blood stained her hair, face and arms, even thought the nurses had seemingly tried to wash her. What was visible of her face was wrapped in pain, the rest was buried under more bandages than she had ever seen on her... She motioned for the healer to leave her alone, which she did without complains...

“The nurse says you probably can't hear me, but I'm going to take my chance anyway... Do you remember all the times Laeon sermoned me about my job? 'You're going to die if you keep being so reckless!' he said, 'You should be a little more like your friend Aery!' He'd add! And I said 'No way! With a life like she has she's going to die out of BOREDOM before anything happens to ME!'”

She smiled sadly. “And you? I never knew why, but you'd laugh, even though I pretty much insulted you and your life, you'd laugh all heartedly, the way you always did...” She remained silent for some seconds, closing her eyes... “Dammit Aery, I DON'T WANT TO BE PROVED RIGHT!” She jumped up, banging her hands against the soft matress of the bed. “I don't care what happened to you, or what you have right now, you're GOING TO SURVIVE, do you HEAR ME!? You're going to RECOVER!”

“If you don't, I SWEAR I'm getting in whatever afterlife it is you believe in and I'm gonna KICK YOUR ASS!”

“No.”

An'jhali's voice rose, instantly silencing all of the screams from the ranked; some indignant at Shirr's suggestion, some supportive.

“This clan was created because we all lost everything we had. We will NOT add to this loss ourselves, no matter how much we believe we would be justified in doing so. Am I clear?” All ranked nodded, mumbling their approval. The Ill'haress turned her head toward Elif. “If possible, have one of your empath stay near her at all time. If they sense anything threatening coming from the demon, warn us immediately. We will decide what to do then. Not any sooner.”

She turned to Shirr and Kir'ima immediately afterwards. "Have some of your mens guard then healing station. Explain the situation to them, if you must. But make sure they understand that they are NOT to act unless the situation absolutely warrant it. Am I clear?"

Both men nodded. "Yes Ill'haress."

“Lae'ryza...” Biel brought his hands to his face, feeling the stitches in his eye. He missed her, goddesses, he missed her so much... He couldn't help but wonder if he could have prevented all of this. After noticing she was not home as usual, he had gone to Shirr and Kir'ima, trying to convince them to have some of their members look for her. He was still trying to convince them when he heard the first screams... He immediately knew it was her...

He tried to run to her, to go to her aid... but THEY had prevented him from being there for her when she needed him most... would things have been different if he had gone to search for her by himself instead of asking others to do it? No matter how many time he played the events in his head, he couldn't help but think that everything would have been MUCH different if he had...

“Daddy?”

Biel sprung from his seat as the little voices echoed through the room. “MAR'IM! RAZ'EY!” He let himself fall to his knee as his children ran to him, jumping into his arms and hugging him as strongly as their little arms could. They all stayed in this embrace for a long time, voicelessly sharing their sorrow.

“The scary pink lady says mommy is back...” Said one, breaking the silence. “Can we go see her, please?” Finished the other.

He couldn't help but chuckle when they mentioned the 'Scary pink lady', turning his head in direction of the curtain door. Surely enough, Mari'ciel stood there, her arms crossed. “You'll HAVE to tell me why your kids are so afraid of me, one of these days...”

“May do. May not.” He said, chuckling as he ruffled his kid's hair gently. He look back at his boss, serious this time. “Take me to her.”

The horizon had lead her to a desert, the desert to a maze, the maze to a void... “Urg...” She fell down, unable to walk any longer. Her limbs had gone numb from hurting so much, yet she kept on crawling, until even that became impossible and she collapsed on the ground... “Biel...” Tears felt from her eye as she laid on the ground, helpless. “I... love... you......”

Mari'ciel watched as Biel and his kids entered the room. The three had spent much of the way chatting together, the kids proving that they were absolute chatterbox. Yet as soon as they had crossed the door, everything had stopped. Mar'im and Raz'ey had gone quiet, both going closer to their father, each taking one of his hand for support.

They walked toward the bed, looking at their loved one. The nurses had obviously taken care of her since she had seen her the previous night, going with Ka'hab after the Ranked meeting. Not a trace of blood remained on her, not on her skin nor on her bandages, which had obviously been changed during the night. Her hair had even been combed and braided... yet she remained motionless, with only the slight rising and falling of her chest indicating that she was still alive.

The kids got closer to the bed, putting their hands on the mattress as they looked at their mother. Their father lifted them one after the other, gently placing them next to his loved one. He sat on the chair next to her, keeping his head low as he took her hand into his own. “Mommy... wake up...” Both children started poking her, tickling her gently, carefully... tears appeared in their eyes as they realized that no, their mother wasn't waking up, that they wouldn't be able to wake her no matter how much they tried... The tears turned into heartfelt sobs as they laid on the bed, cuddling their mother... Mari'ciel couldn't help but turn her head away. It was a strange family, it had always been. A teenager mated with a grown man, with children old enough to be her siblings... but it was probably the closest this whole clan possessed...

“When they found her?” Biel's voice rose unexpectedly, startling Mari'ciel.

“Yesterday night...”

Biel closed his eyes, tightening his grip over his mate's hand. They had kept him away from her, once again, kept him away when both needed each other more than they ever had... “Leave now...”

Without a word, without a nod, she turned around and left the room...
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby waffleferret on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:06 pm

i like the chapter i hope your kids arin't to scared *eek*
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Aerisa on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:22 pm

waffleferret wrote:i like the chapter i hope your kids arin't to scared *eek*

They have an uncontrollable phobia of nearly all of the ranked. x3 When they see Anj'hali... it's even worse xD
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Katharos Ombre on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:01 am

Good so far, some typos here and there, but just worry about correcting once it's all done.

Out of story curiosity: how come your avatar and forums fan art depict you with long wavy brown hair while your appearance in the PtP comic is with short white hair?
vagabondage... nothing interesting yet.

Ombr'eh Totolo Tei'kaliath on Path to Power 1-2-3
Katharos Ombre
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby waffleferret on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:27 am

I wondered why i couldn't find u in the comic ? u dont show up? why : (
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Aerisa on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:34 am

Katharos Ombre wrote:Good so far, some typos here and there, but just worry about correcting once it's all done.

Out of story curiosity: how come your avatar and forums fan art depict you with long wavy brown hair while your appearance in the PtP comic is with short white hair?

The typos, they're everywhere... *growl...*

Because Reza didn't draw my character the way I wanted her to be, for some reasons. Other "errors" are that I wrote that the left side of my character's face is bandaged, but he bandage the right instead, also, Lae'ryza is supposed to lack her ear on the side she is bandaged, but he drew her with one before anyway. Also, she was originally meant to wear a pink dress xD I tried a few time to have at least the important parts corrected, but it never worked. Eventually I just decided to let it be, though I don't personally consider the Lae'ryza he draws to be canonical. The one in my avatar is the REAL Lae'ryza.

I admit it removes a little satisfaction when I see her in the comic, but *shrug*

waffleferret wrote:I wondered why i couldn't find u in the comic ? u dont show up? why : (

I show up occasionally, just not the way I consider myself to be.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Re: Fanfic- Demonic Bond (Chapter Four)

Postby Aerisa on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 am

Small changes done to the title at Thalar's request =3
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Dsieda on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:08 am

<3 I'm still loving this! A bit sad it's going to end soon, but Loving it none the less.
"I am devious and unpredictable!"
Dsieda
Demon

Postby Bamawing on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:38 am

I was scared to read it because I'm such a literary snob... I hate telling people something is good when it isn't.

This is GOOD.

Seriously, I'm mad impressed. Can't wait for the next installment!!
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Re: Fanfic- Demonic Bond (Chapter Five)

Postby Aerisa on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Bamawing wrote:I was scared to read it because I'm such a literary snob... I hate telling people something is good when it isn't.

This is GOOD.

Seriously, I'm mad impressed. Can't wait for the next installment!!

This is probably the best compliment someone can give to a writer, ever =D *hug*

Well guys and gals, here's chapter Five! Much earlier than usual, but I'm working today, so I won't be available to post it at the usual time, and I dun't want to get someone else to post it xD Not even my personal editor x333 *Poke the ScarKitten* (Inside joke, sorry peeps! x3 )

Chapter Five

She looked at the young girl, sobbing as she laid down. She had watched her kick, she had watched her walk, struggling against all of the obstacle she had put in her way... But she couldn't understand why. Why struggle when there was no hope? Why continue when it brought nothing? Bringing her disarticulated hand to her face, she wondered as the young girl painfully started getting up.

For the matter, why was SHE doing this? Why was she growing her 'body' into that of the young girl? Linking her mind with that of her host? …wait, how did she even know she was a she? Was she really a she? The girl, was she really a she too? Maybe she could be something else... if so, what? She groaned, all of these questions were hurting her brain... wait, did she even have one of these, anyway?

“I... need...” She grabbed her head, talking even though she didn't know how. No... she knew. She knew it, she knew everything surrounding her, she knew everything she needed to know, to do... but she didn't know WHY she knew it all. “...to remember...”

The void flashed, letting a room appear instead. One of her memory? No... the girl's. Her eye had widened, and she looked in every direction, incredulous. She did so as well. The room was luxurious, to say the least. Silk sheets hung from the walls, with gold objects acting as decorations every here and there... the only things that clashed with the luxury of the room were a few pillows accompanied by some humble toys stashed in a corner; a chariot, a teddy bear... hmm, more things she knew without knowing.

“GODDESSES DAMN IT!” She jumped as the girl quickly rose to her feet, grabbing a chandelier and using it to destroy everything in the room. “I'M FREE! FREE, YOU HEAR ME!? FREE!!” She brought her hand to her chest, watching the girl as she smashed everything in her way.”YOU WONT ENSLAVE ME!!! YOU WON'T ENSLAVE ME!!!!!!!!” The vision shattered as she swung her 'weapon' toward the head of a statue, the momentum causing her to fall to the ground, crying some more.

“I... I don't want to... to do this to you...”

Instantly, all sounds disappeared, leaving only a dreadful silence... She shivered as the girl slowly started raising her head, looking at her with a piercing eye...

Biel closed his eyes, bringing his lover's hand to his face. He wondered how long it had been since he had gotten Mari'ciel to leave... Long enough for their children to stop crying and fall asleep, not long enough for Lae'ryza to show any sign of recovering... “Come back, sweet... we... I... can't live without you...”

Ilrae looked at the family, standing in the doorstep. Niar couldn't tolerate the feelings he got from them, PicKet couldn't either, it was up to her alone to keep watch on the poor girl. She sighed. The demonic parasite had slowed it's progress through her body, yet there weren't any sign of improvement from her... She looked at the warriors and scouts, playing cards at a nearby table. She knew that if she didn't start improving soon, she likely never would... As far as THEY were concerned, however, a lack of improvement meant the demon was taking ground. While the Ill'haress had specifically ordered them not to do anything... she feared that they would decide to bypass their order, 'for the good of the clan'....

“GRAA!”

“SWEET!?”

She and all of the nurses around ran in the room. “Neural activity is going wild! Demonic activity augmenting! By the goddesses get the kids away, she's convulsing!”

“YOU...” Lae'riza rose to her feet, ever so slowly... “What. Are. You. Doing. With. ME!?” The Demon backed away after she screamed the last words. Why could she see her!? How had she heard her!? She wasn't supposed to!!

“A... I..” She stopped, trying her best not to gulp as she looked at the girl's murderous stare. “...nothing?”

She barely even saw her move. The next thing she knew, the girl had leaped on her and pinned her to the ground. “YOU WHORE!” She punched her, slamming her head into the ground, punching her again.... “YOU TORTURED ME! YOU TRAPPED ME GODDESSES KNOW WHERE! YOU PLAYED WITH ME! AND YOU SAY YOU'RE DOING NOTHING!?

“No!” She could feel her hold on the girl's cage slip as the hit rained on her. She had to fight back! Why wasn't she fighting back!? What was holding her back!?

Words after words, voices after voices jumped in Lae'ryza mind as she beat on the demon, slipping in with each and every single hit she gave it, growing clearer as she let her rage take over her...

Stay with us Aery, come on...

you're GOING TO SURVIVE, do you HEAR ME!?

Come back, sweet... we... I... can't live without you...

“I NEVER WANTED THIS!”

One more punch... then nothing. Slowly, she opened her eyes, looking at the girl...

“Start talking. NOW.”
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Sun'Alver on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Another good Chapter :3

I am really curious about this rather . . . timid demon. A good demon? a manipulative demon? or just a ruse to bring out something in Lae'riza? *wutno*
Guess we'll find out soon enough :V
Sun'Alver Al'Dun Tei'Kaliath~ Master of the Gong, King of Nyoro~n :3c, and The Infamous Prince of the Al'Dun
Sun'Alver
Summoner

Postby waffleferret on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:24 pm

this is so cool!!! its geting good the chapter was really unexspected
i wish it had more comedy and zombies but thats just me *smallsmile*
as for the plot its something i'd exspect Chifox to do (trust me thats a compliment in its self , I use to beg her to wrie me storys all the time when i was yonger)
so damatic and original ^^ and as u can tell from that bad chapter i wrote i don't normaly read serious storys because they bore me heck i only read this because u seemed so nice XD
maby its the super-moca-cafa-vanilla-frost-triple-chocolate-sprinkle-delux-with-wipecream-frappa ?...nah its good (btw if u ever see a sweet chocho-chunka you have to order one of those)
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Dsieda on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:21 am

Whooo! Go Aery! You show that demon whose boss!

Random voice* Lae'ryza 1, demon....0
"I am devious and unpredictable!"
Dsieda
Demon

Postby benuminister on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:03 am

I have never seen confusion written so well. I hope it is a sign of story that will continue to pull my heartstrings.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Aerisa on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:30 am

Sun'Alver wrote:Another good Chapter :3

I am really curious about this rather . . . timid demon. A good demon? a manipulative demon? or just a ruse to bring out something in Lae'riza? *wutno*
Guess we'll find out soon enough :V

All of this and more iinnnn.... Chapter 6! x333

waffleferret wrote:this is so cool!!! its geting good the chapter was really unexspected
i wish it had more comedy and zombies but thats just me *smallsmile*
as for the plot its something i'd exspect Chifox to do (trust me thats a compliment in its self , I use to beg her to wrie me storys all the time when i was yonger)
so damatic and original ^^ and as u can tell from that bad chapter i wrote i don't normaly read serious storys because they bore me heck i only read this because u seemed so nice XD
maby its the super-moca-cafa-vanilla-frost-triple-chocolate-sprinkle-delux-with-wipecream-frappa ?...nah its good (btw if u ever see a sweet chocho-chunka you have to order one of those)

I dunno for you, but I giggled quite a bit while writing Ms. Demon x3 (You sure seem to like your sister quite a bit, you talk about her pretty frequently x3 )

Hope my story isn't too boring for you so far =3 (Oh? Where do we get these? Star Bucks? 'cause there aren't any in here :( )

Dsieda wrote:Whooo! Go Aery! You show that demon whose boss!

Random voice* Lae'ryza 1, demon....0

Random voice* Let's start round TWO!.... Immediatly after ten thousand message from our sponsors :P

benuminister wrote:I have never seen confusion written so well. I hope it is a sign of story that will continue to pull my heartstrings.

Aww, thank you *hug* ^-^
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to The Theatre