An arena for the Tei'kaliaths to show their creativity!

Fanfic: A Survivor's Diary

Postby Lady Tenkage on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Hello, all! As I mentioned, I wanted to start a diary-like fanfic based on the perceptions of my character. So, I have just finished the first entry of Ys'sa's diary! So, posted for your reading pleasure, here is my "Diary of a Soldier"!

-------------------------------------------

Entry 1~

...Surviving is the hardest thing. When all you know, all you loved and cherished, has been reduced to ash. The very foundations upon which we were raised have been shattered, destroying any illusions of security we may have had. We, who were once so proud, reduced as low as the rubble of our once-great city. We have fallen.

I'm not sure how many of us there are, less than two hundred, I think. Not very many, considering. I'm sure there are others who survived, and they may perhaps find us. But, for now, this is all there is- a small collective of battered and unwashed refugees, mostly civilian. I doubt there's enough trained soldiers in this group to make a defensive unit. I could be wrong, but then, these people aren't thinking about such things. All of us who fled, led by the Lady An'Jhali, it's all we can do to get enough to eat.

No, not "Lady" An 'Jhali- "Ill'Haress". That is what she is- what she has become, to us. Without leadership, people become as animals. They would kill and slaughter one another, for food, and for anything else of value. Without the Lady to guide us, we would've long ago been reduced to such savagery. Such a thought revolts even me, a front-line soldier, whose only use or skill is killing. And while I do not doubt that she wasn't prepared for it, it was the Lady An'Jhali who took command in the chaos, and guided a mob of terrified citizens and unorganized soldiers, and led them away towards safety. Whether it was her desire or not, the Lady An'Jhali has become our Ill'Haress. And it is because of her that we are alive.

We have to make a new start, now, in this unknown land, so far from our old territories. We must call upon our strength as a people, as Drow, and create anew. Just as our ancestors, the Dark Elves did, after the War of the Moons. I can't help but wonder... Can this raffle really rebuild itself? Can this handful of refugees really restore the glory we once had? With barely two hundred? ...I think we can. I hope we can.

I pity those enemies that come across us, now. We have lost everything, but in this sense, there is nothing more for us to lose. And we will fight, tooth and nail, for the lives we have struggled so hard to protect. We must now scratch and claw our way back up from the pit's bottom. We have fallen. And we are wounded. But we are not broken.

We are the Tei'Kaliath. And we will survive.

Heh. I think that... this will be very interesting...

~Ys'sa Ansheir Tei'Kaliath

---------------------------

Aaaaaand, there is entry 1! I hope you all like it. Please feel free to post comments, or whatever you like.
Last edited by Lady Tenkage on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kirio on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:18 pm

:) That was nice.

I do have a suggestion. There are some members of P2P who are color blind and can't see red text without highlighting it. Could you change colors?
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lady Tenkage on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:46 pm

Done!

Edit: This'll probably be updated fairly quickly, for the time being, just till I catch up with current events. So, for now, I'm still working on it.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Meska369 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:54 pm

nice post. Good imagery.

I like how she thinks our smalish town was a GREAT city...

JUST WAIT till she sees Chel.... Mind explosion of awe.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Lady Tenkage on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:21 pm

My apologies, bad post. Please, see below.
Last edited by Lady Tenkage on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Lady Tenkage on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:29 pm

Well, I've already finished entry 2, so I thought I'd go ahead and put it up!

Meska: Yep, she's definitely a country-bumpkin! *lol*

------------------------------------------------------------

Entry 2~

We've finished breaking camp. It's temporary, at best, but at least we have something more than hard stone to sleep on. On top of that, there's a river nearby, which means fresh water, and maybe food. I'm sure that will be a great relief to everyone. We had to sell everything of value along the way, to feed ourselves. Everything, including my armor... and my ax.

I hated that. I've been slugged by mailed fists before, and I never flinched. I've been strangled, even stabbed a couple of times, and never once did I cry out or weep. But, when they took my ax, I think I actually cried. Childish? Maybe. Certainly! I'm a soldier, for Sharess' sake! I never cry! And over something so stupid, too... I knew it was necessary, I knew we needed the food, but... I've had that ax for a long time, since my earliest training days. I was attached to it. Without it, I feel... naked. Vulnerable. I can't stand it!

I'm thinking too much. Such things shouldn't bother a soldier. I just need to keep busy. There are other refugees calling for assistance, and here I am, pouting about my ax. I need to get myself out of this depressive rut.

Many have gone to Lady An'Jhali's tent, to adives her on our next course of action. But, I could never do such a thing. I'm a soldier, all I can do is follow orders. Hmph, and I never even did that very well. I'll juts see if anyone needs an extra pair of hands...

Goddess, do I need a bath...

------------------------------------------

Hmm.... I'm not sure I like this entry. I may redo it, in the future. In any case, I'd love to know what you think!
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Meska369 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:54 pm

it is fine. Not all journal entries are works of art. see below

June 10th--
dear journal,
I'm bored.... Yep. that is about it.

june 12th --
I slept all day. didn't do much at all.

june 13th-
OOOO! got DDR! must dance dance.... BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

june 14th-
I twisted my anckle!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

See, not much but it's a normal entry. With what Ys'sa and all of the survivers have been going through, yep more info at times, but doesn't have to be perfect. Just write from her heart and you will have done well.

This said from the dark haired woman dressed in earth tones as she takes a break from digging up something...
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby kirio on Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:06 am

:)
That's great. It really helps to illustrate your character's personality.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lady Tenkage on Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:56 pm

Aaaaand, here's entry 3! Hey, I said I'd update it pretty quick. Well, let's see how Ys'sa's holding up now, eh?
------------------------------------------------

Entry 3~

The Ill'Haress put out a call for assistance. She asked for a supply master and scouts. I could certainly never be a supply master. But, I do have experience as a soldier, so maybe I should've volunteered, as a scout... I suppose it's too late, now. Besides, I don't have any talent at drawing maps. And front-line soldiers have very little in the way of stealth- I'm used to breaking walls down, not sneaking around them.

I still think it's a great irony that I survived. When my commander, and my entire unit, were wiped out in the assault. I doubt that it was my commander's intention to spare me. Hell, by all accounts, she wanted me dead! Quite a b@!%#, that one. She kept putting me on suspension, just because I refused her initial advances, when she knew how much I loved a good fight. Of course... I suppose breaking her arm in three places didn't help, either. Or, was it four? Huh... I can't recall, but it was that last suspension of mine that spared me. When my unit was called out to fight the enemy threat, I was ordered to remain in the barracks, sparing me the fate of my unit. I'm still not sure if I should be grateful. I'm glad to be alive of course, and I can't help chuckling when I think of the irony that the commander who wanted me dead was the one to save me. At least, I can be happy about that.

Things seem to be settling down, for the time being. Right now, about all I'm good for is heavy lifting, so I'm moving whatever needs to be moved. And there's quite a bit of that. It was decided to move the camp nearer to the river, a sound idea. Putting us closer to the fresh water, and a possible food supply. It's a bit irritating to have to move everything, after we just finished setting up, though. I guess I can't complain, it's keeping me busy.

I wonder what they're doing, down at the supply docks, though. I saw some others bringing up a small load of... algae, I think? And taking it to the supply master. Is that supposed to be food? I hope so, I'm starving. I can put up with a little bit of hunger, for now, but I hope they let us have some of the rations, soon. I can eat just about anything, if need be. Heh, even raw algae would be better than the slop they used to serve us in the military barracks.

---------------------------------------

I'm bringing more of Ys'sa's personality into thing, I think, and I like how this one turned out. I'd love to know what you think!
Last edited by Lady Tenkage on Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby kirio on Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:19 pm

A soldier at heart, huh? Better a brawl then a roll in the hay. :lol:
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lady Tenkage on Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:54 pm

kirio wrote::)
A soldier at heart, huh? Better a brawl then a roll in the hay. :lol:

Nah, she just didn't like her commander. :mrgreen:
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Meska369 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:40 am

well, if the commander wasen't nice... No cookie for her.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lady Tenkage on Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:55 pm

Here's number four!

Entry 4~

Why won't those fools leave the Ill'Haress alone?? Can't they see how exhausted she is?! Sharess, if I had my axe right now- I'd go over there and lop off a few of their heads! At least it'd be a little quieter! And we'd have a few less mouths to feed!

There's really nothing anyone can do, at least not until the scouts return. We don't know anything about the surrounding territory- for all we know, it could be hostile! This is why I can't stand civilians, they never understand the complications involved with a leader's decisions. They never think things through!

...But then, we don't exactly have a military any more, either. Which makes me a civilian... I guess I can't blame them for being over-excited. Most people never get this close to an Ill'Haress, so I suppose being able to contribute in any small way must seem like a huge thing to them.

...Is something burning?

It's coming from the supply docks. I Guess supply master Katralya is cooking up that algae. Hope they find out if that stuff's edible. We need whatever supplies we can scrounge up, at the moment. Oooh, Goddess, I'm hungry! Hmm, maybe Miss Katralya needs some help with those supplies...

Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby kirio on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:16 pm

It makes me curious to see what the next entry will be. Is she planning on joining the gatherers?
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lady Tenkage on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:43 pm

Yep. I've already volunteered to help harvest in the Supply Docks thread. Of course, if something requiring soldiers come up, I'll likely volunteer for that. But for now, I'll help as I can.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Next

Return to The Theatre