* Presumed [[Mana_Arts#Empathy|Powerful Empathy]]
* Turning people into living dolls
* Puppet powers
| family =
* [[Kiel'ndia Vel'Vloz'ress]] - adoptive sister
| trivia =
* Likes plushies and duckies
}}
<section begin=feature />Kharla'ggen is the feared figurehead and Ill'haress of the [[Vel'Vloz'ress]] clan. She has the uncanny ability to turn people into living dolls.<section end=feature />
==Appearance & Personality==
Kharla'ggen is a tall [[Ver'drowendar]] with tainted red eyes. Her hair, originally white, was dyed copper to match the [[Vloz'ress]] colour shortly after Kharla'ggen had been brought in by [[Sene'kha Vel'Vloz'ress]]. Throughout the story, she wears a wide variety of garments, none of which she seems to care for very much; [[Vloz'ress]] slaves and Kharla'genn's dolls are in charge of dressing the Ill'haress in a suitable maner.

Personality-wise, Kharla'ggen seems to be suffering from an unspecified kind of mental illness that had halted or altered her mental development, though it is unknown whether this was caused by her extreme tainting, demon posession or developed naturally after birth. As such, Kharla'ggen cares very little for politics or other matters of the drow; she likes playing, tea parties and dressing up her horrific dolls. She is capable of heinous and cruel acts, though it is stated that she does not fully realize the extent and consequences of her acts. It is also clear, however, that Kharla'ggen posesses some intellect, desires and capability to plan ahead, as she had not dollified [[Larvova]] after she'd suspected her to have poisoned [[Kiel'ndia]]. She also shared a brief, intimate episode with [[Khaless]] in Felde.

Until her very last moments, Kharla'ggen refers to herself in plural 'we'. [[Kiel]] suspects it is due to the demons Kharla'ggen's aura had swallowed, but that remains unconfirmed.

==Biography==
===Early Life===
Kharla'ggen was found as a child near [[Char]] by [[Sene'kha Vel'Vloz'ress]]. It is unknown what happened to her original family, though some characters theorize that she had turned them into living dolls. It is also unknown when or how Kharla'ggen was tainted, and whether Sene'kha had anything to do with it. Either way she was brought to the Vloz'ress before they even were a great clan, and accepted fully due to the [[Vloz'ress]] study of demonic entities and their philosophy of welcoming the tainted.

Deranged in a way not even the Vloz'ress could comprehend, Kharla'ggen kept eating her own fingers and throwing tantrums whenever she saw her own reflection. This was solved by giving her a mask, a solution proposed by [[Ven'ndia]], mother of [[Kiel'ndia]]. She was adopted as the latter's surrogate sister.

===Youngest Ill'haress===
As was revealed soon, [[Sene'kha]] planned to use Kharla'ggen as a tool in her own political scheme. Seeking to further the position of the Vloz'ress clan first, she wanted to appoint Kharla'ggen the Ill'haress of the group, securing her position through Kharla'ggen's own horrific power of turning people into living dolls and devouring their auras. [[Ven'ndia]], the leader of the Vloz'ress up until then, refused to meddle with high clan politics, which ultimately cost her her life; on Sene'kha's orders, she was turned into a doll by Kharla'ggen. How exactly Sene'kha persuaded Kharla'ggen to do it remains unknown, but [[Kiel'ndia]] never blames her adoptive sister for the act due to her mental condition.

With [[Ven'ndia]] out of the way, child Kharla'ggen was appointed the youngest Ill'haress in the history of [[Chel'el'Sussoloth]]. This move was strongly opposed by the [[Val'Beldrobbaen]], [[Val'Kyorl'solenurn]] and the [[Vel'Sharen]]; the Sharens, after launching a highly unsuccessful attack on the Vloz'ress domain, ultimately changed their stance on the matter and admitted the Vloz'ress among the clans. This was in no small part the work of [[Snadhya’rune]].

===The Vloz'ress Revolution===
Kharla'ggen participated very little in the shift of power from Sene'kha's faction to [[Kiel'ndia]]. She, however, secured [[Kiel'ndia]]'s position once it was acquired; Kharla'ggen seemed to have taken a strong liking to her big sister, and hardly anybody was willing to exact revenge against [[Kiel'ndia]] and risk Kharla'ggen's wrath. When [[Kiel'ndia]] was poisoned in the aftermath of the Vloz'ress revolution, it was Kharla'ggen who dragged [[Larvova]] to her and ultimately saved her.

==Biography - Arc II==
===Time skip===
Kharla'ggen had grown into an adult woman and remained in the position of Ill'haress of the [[Vloz'ress]] clan, with [[Kiel'ndia]] being the clan's factual leader. Kharla'ggen served mostly as [[Kiel'ndia]]'s ultimate punishment tool for unruly subjects; she turned [[Maki]] into a living doll and threatened her subordinates with a similar fate were they to continue disobeying Kiel.

She had little to no role in Kiel's pursuit and assassination of the false empress installed by [[Sar'swati]] and the infiltration of the [[Val'Beldrobbaen]].

===Felde===
After [[Kiel'ndia]] had been invited to [[Felde]] by [[Khaless]], Kharla'ggen accompanied her to the surface city, powering the giant stone turtle golem requested by [[Kiel'ndia]] from [[Kar'liir]]. [[Larvova]] noted the idea of bringing Kharla'ggen anywhere outside her home fortress was foolish, and such was soon demonstrated at a banquet, where Kharla'ggen nearly dollified the surrounding guests. The situation was fortunately salvaged by [[Khaless]] who took Kharla'ggen away to show her a "surprise".

Later, the entirety of the Vloz'ress delegation witnessed [[Snadhya’rune]]'s execution of [[Sarghress]] spies. Shortly after, [[Kiel'ndia]] and [[Fame'ndia]] went to free [[Snadhya’rune]]'s prisoners; Kharla'ggen did not accompany them and instead played with the [[Mimaneid]] drows that had invaded the Felde party in the meantime, proving that her powers worked well and good even outside [[Chel]]. She was then dragged away by her sister, who came to a conclusion it was the best time to turn tail and disappear before [[Snadhya’rune]] had found out they had freed the prisoners.

===Return to Chel===
While travelling back to [[Chel]], Kharla'ggen nearly collapses on the turtle golem due to her power being drained so quickly; she is prevented from falling off and fed [[Kuso]]'s chestplate sandwiches, which fuel her the rest of the way to the Vloz'ress district. There, [[Kiel]] and Kharla'ggen split, with [[Kiel]] off to feed [[Naal'suul]] and Kharla'ggen demanding food from her servants. Too late, [[Fame'ndia]] and [[Baliir]] discover all of Kharla's attendants were assassinated, with Kharla now being served by the remainer of Sene'kha's old crew, now led by [[Ni'bai]]. They bring the demon shard [[Discordia]] to her and before [[Fame]] or [[Baliir]] can act, a demon gate is opened, with [[Discordia]] attracting a demon god. The god is then absorbed by Kharla'ggen, which leads to the Puppeteer accident.

===Puppeteer===
After absorbing a demon god, Kharla'ggen takes control of the entire city of Chel via her puppeteering powers, now increased thousandfold by the power of such a powerful demonic entity. Sene'kha's legacy is, however, brought to ruin, as Ni'bai, who sought to control Kharla'ggen this way and blackmail the leaders of Chel, falls victim to Kharla's powers, together with his entire crew. With Kiel realizing something is terribly amiss, she rushes back to the Vloz'ress fortress with [[Nau'kheol]] and demon [[Naal'suul]] in tow, having some limited immunity to Kharla's powers. Once in the fortress, she discovers Kharla'ggen struggling with the horrific entity and in terrible pain. Ultimately, Kharla'ggen's powers start affecting even Kiel, which calls for a violent reaction from the demonic Naal'suul; she partially devours Kharla'ggen, putting a stop to Chel's puppeteering alltogether. Kiel attempts to save Kharla'ggen but fails, and the two of them - Naal'suul and partially devoured Kharla'ggen - are last seen falling into the Rift together with the collapsing Vloz fortress. In her last moments, Kharla'ggen commands the stone turtle to save Kiel and her friends from falling into the fire; she then disappears, presumed either burned to crisp by the Rift or devoured by Naal'suul's demon.
==Notable Quotes==
''"FEED US!"''

''"We miss ducky so."''

{{Last update|50}}
{{Navbox Vel'Vloz'ress}}
Wisely
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Re: DrowWiki: Kharla'ggen Vel'Vloz'ress

Postby partner555 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks for contributing! ^^

I made some edits to fix some red links, but beyond that, nice job!
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:08 pm

*bigsmile*
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Wisely » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Yay! *heehee* I see the page still shows warnings that something is amiss or not in line with the handbook; is there anything I could fix?
Wisely
Nether Seed

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Let me see what I can do.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Wisely » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:12 pm

I'll be on standby, then. Is it possible for me to add pictures to the wiki gallery for them to be displayed throughout the page or do I need to work with an authorized editor to add them?
Wisely
Nether Seed

Postby Dalvyserran » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:40 am

You will have to ask one of us authorized user to add content to the wiki
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Wisely » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:25 pm

I took some basic images from the comic to add to the page, where and how do I send them? It's 4 small .jpg images, I can either zip the folder or upload them somewhere.
Wisely
Nether Seed

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:53 am

Just upload em here or post a link to the images
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Wisely » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:39 am

Simple dropbox upload then.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bwwjljuqbr6s ... i.rar?dl=0

If you put them in the gallery, I will then incorporate them in the site code in their appropriate section. Do let me know if you upload them with original names. There is also one PNG file (the concept made by Lunareth), I don't know how the wiki handles the format.
Wisely
Nether Seed

Postby Wisely » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:28 pm

bumpity bump
Wisely
Nether Seed

Postby Dalvyserran » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:37 pm

It would be better if you upload them to a website like imgur, because I don't have Dropbox and I'm not sure about Thrair
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Wisely » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:49 am

You don't need dropbox. Just click the link and you can directly download it. It's just the images. :3
Wisely
Nether Seed

Postby Dalvyserran » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:54 am

done
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Wisely » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:54 am

Oh hey, nicely added to the wiki page! ^^ If there's any further assistance needed from me, just poke me! Always got some love to give to the Ill'haress of duckies.
Wisely
Nether Seed

Next

Return to Wiki Submissions and Updates