Can't view wiki pages?

Can't view wiki pages?

Postby partner555 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:17 pm

Hey everyone, I have gone onto the Drowtales wiki for the first time in a while to do some much needed updating, however, I have encountered a problem. I am seeing nothing. Take for example, Ariel. When I went to see her page, I saw nothing. At first, I was worried that everything was lost, however, when I clicked on edit, all the information was still there, I just can't view the information outside of edit.

I would like to know if other people have the same problem with viewing wiki pages. If not, then I know it's on my end. For what it's worth, I had tried viewing the wiki pages on my Mac, my iPad and my iPhone, and they all have the same problem.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Can't view wiki pages?

Postby Disestablish » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:30 pm

partner555 wrote:Hey everyone, I have gone onto the Drowtales wiki for the first time in a while to do some much needed updating, however, I have encountered a problem. I am seeing nothing. Take for example, Ariel. When I went to see her page, I saw nothing. At first, I was worried that everything was lost, however, when I clicked on edit, all the information was still there, I just can't view the information outside of edit.

I would like to know if other people have the same problem with viewing wiki pages. If not, then I know it's on my end. For what it's worth, I had tried viewing the wiki pages on my Mac, my iPad and my iPhone, and they all have the same problem.

It's been an ungoing problem for awhile now, so it's not just you
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby partner555 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Disestablish wrote:
partner555 wrote:Hey everyone, I have gone onto the Drowtales wiki for the first time in a while to do some much needed updating, however, I have encountered a problem. I am seeing nothing. Take for example, Ariel. When I went to see her page, I saw nothing. At first, I was worried that everything was lost, however, when I clicked on edit, all the information was still there, I just can't view the information outside of edit.

Dammit! *upset*

I was thinking of doing some wiki work now that I no longer have to both study AND work and can just concentrate on work. This throws that out the window. A bit hard to check the quality of your work if you can't see your work.

How long has this been going on? I haven't gone on the wiki in over a year.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Gunbird » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:42 pm

partner555 wrote:
Disestablish wrote:

Dammit! *upset*

I was thinking of doing some wiki work now that I no longer have to both study AND work and can just concentrate on work. This throws that out the window. A bit hard to check the quality of your work if you can't see your work.

How long has this been going on? I haven't gone on the wiki in over a year.

It was going about a years. A lot information is bing close down on that wikik. I don't know why.

Maybe you can Email one of the DT staff about fixing it?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby partner555 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Gunbird wrote:It was going about a years. A lot information is bing close down on that wikik. I don't know why.

Maybe you can Email one of the DT staff about fixing it?

I could ask Kern about it, though I'm not sure what he can do. If need be, I do have a plan B that I am considering which will also address the issue of non-activity on the wiki due to the contributors all having real life get in the way.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby partner555 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:54 am

Update: A few weeks ago, Kern told me that he forwarded the issue to the programmer. I have no idea how long it'll take to fix the issue, but we can only hope for the best.

Today, I have done some minor updates on the wiki, however, as a contributor, I have noticed a problem, when I'm logged in, I can't view the content on the pages at all unless I'm in edit mode.

This is highly frustrating, as it means that I will have to constantly log in and out to get things done AND check my work.

Edit: AND NOW, THE PAGES I HAVE EDITED CANNOT EVEN BE VIEWED ANYMORE OUT OF EDIT MODE! *omfg*

You know what, I think editing the wiki is unfeasible until the issue is fixed. I'm going to tell Kern what happened. Besides that, this is what I'll do: *crying*
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thrair » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:08 am

Well, just holler if things change. I've also got a lot of free time on my hands, atm. I'd be glad to help out however I can. I'm only moderately familiar with wiki edits, but it's similiar to TVTrope's system, iirc.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby Gunbird » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:26 am

I don't know if I mention this to you partner, but I don't think Kern himself can do anything to fix the wiki. You have to contact the person that dose the the coding on that page.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby partner555 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:10 am

Gunbird wrote:I don't know if I mention this to you partner, but I don't think Kern himself can do anything to fix the wiki. You have to contact the person that dose the the coding on that page.

I know, Kern has said that he forwarded the issue to the programmer.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Gunbird » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Who is the programmer anyway? Is it possible that we can contact them?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby partner555 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:22 pm

Gunbird wrote:Who is the programmer anyway? Is it possible that we can contact them?

Kern said that the programmer is Valts.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Gunbird » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:41 pm

partner555 wrote:
Gunbird wrote:Who is the programmer anyway? Is it possible that we can contact them?

Ok can you email him/her?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby partner555 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:07 am

Gunbird wrote:
partner555 wrote:

Ok can you email him/her?

Sorry for not replying earlier, but I don't know their contact details.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Finn MacCool » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:54 pm

on the forums, he goes by the name of Vilx-.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Gunbird » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:22 pm

Finn MacCool wrote:on the forums, he goes by the name of Vilx-.

It seems that the last time he was on the from was september of 2014.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Return to Wiki Submissions and Updates