Wanted: Character Pages

Wanted: Character Pages

Postby Thalar » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:24 am

Drowtales has a ton of characters, and they all deserve a page.

For Daydream, interactive stories and other subscription stories, make sure not to spoil the stories for people who have yet to subscribe.

In particular for Daydream/Slavemaster: We're not making separate character pages for these as much as we're making one large page showing off all the characters, with a small "spotlight" or two-sentence summary of each of the non-canon characters.
With the stories being subscriber-only it seemed the right thing to do.

For the main Drowtales story characters, feel free to include everything up to the most recent information.

You can find the character page at the link below, and have a look at the page of the character you choose to see what's already there (if anything) before you start writing.

http://www.drowtales.com/~wiki/index.php/Characters
Last edited by Thalar on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Kite » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:10 pm

Compiled here is a category of pages that can still be added upon, or stubs. Many of these pages are relatively blank, while some have only just begun with a line or two. The rest are still in progress, and still need something more to be up to date.

If you want to contribute but are not sure where to begin, start here. :)

Page Stub category
Kite
Mary Garren

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Runes » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:27 pm

What bits about Sarv did I miss out in the article I wrote for her? She only appeared for a grand total of about 10 pages after all. :3
Runes
Strawberry Ninja

Clan: Sharen

Postby kirio » Wed May 02, 2007 12:54 pm

What about charecters that only appear in the side stories like Chiri's birth parents?
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thalar » Fri May 11, 2007 12:32 pm

There will be a category for characters who appear only in side comics, so they will have a page as well. As their canon status is often uncertain, however, they will not appear in any other lists. The category is being implemented as we speak :)

More listings of characters of these side comics etc are welcome =)

And Runes, if you missed anything I don't know what it was. Stub classification has been removed.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby sakkara/sarai » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:31 am

Erm it says I need to log on to edit a page...but theres no option to create an account, how am I supposed to edit Sakkara's stub?
sakkara/sarai
Runaway slave

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Thalar » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:46 pm

The preferred way of sending in Wiki content submissions is through this forum, in a new thread. I'll copy in the pertinent bit from the general guidelines :)

Teh Procedure:
1 - Any threads that involve changes to the drowwiki must have "DrowWiki:" (without the quotations) in the subject line so that we know what the purpose is, followed by the Wiki page that you are proposing the change to (the main page would be Main_Page, etc.), and probably adding something at the end to let us know what kind of submission it is (Edit, Spelling, Graphic, New, etc.)

Example: DrowWiki: Main_Page (Addition)

Anything that does not have this subject line format will be considered a world setting question and disregarded for Wiki purposes.

The full set of instructions can be found here :)

((And yes, I did change my answer! It only applied to special cases and was causing unnecessary confusion.))
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Re: Wanted: Character Pages

Postby TruePurple » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:12 pm

What if there was a list of characters, terms & places in order of story telling only what you know of up to that point? A quick readers guide, there could even be a link to that segment of the wiki on the main page.

I mean like
chapter 0:
List of characters that appear in that chapter: only as much information about the character as you already know up to this point. List of terms and locations that appear in that chapter.
Chapter 1 Ditto and so on.

A number of ways this could be done, some of them could be quit simple if there isn't enough will to do more complex.

I could help when I find the time if you guys are good with this idea.
TruePurple
Nether Spawn

Postby Thalar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:49 pm

http://www.drowtales.com/~wiki/index.ph ... in_Chapter

As you can see the page exists, but although I recall seeing a submission for it at one point it hasn't made it to the wiki yet.. o_O

Anyway, that page could also, within reason, contain what you suggest, TruePurple.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby TruePurple » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:10 pm

I don't think that page existed till recently. (after I had made that suggestion)

Is there any way the characters could be listed family tree map like for their links in the by chapters page? A diagram with a tiny pic, name, position, other abbreviated detail, along with a legend of connections (like a red line means a direct blood relative, doted line meaning family thats not blood, purple means friend, green meaning subordinate or slave etc) Each one clickable for more detail, detail only current up to the chapter you are currently at.
TruePurple
Nether Spawn

Postby Thalar » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:00 pm

TruePurple wrote:I don't think that page existed till recently. (after I had made that suggestion)

You don't think so? The page was created on the wiki April 10th 2007. It has been linked to from the Main Page since. Why don't you at least have a look at the wiki before coming up with such remarks? o_O

As for the family tree etc, no.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby suntiger745 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:00 pm

A family tree "map" with color codes and links would be tremendously helpful. I like the suggestion. :)

I'm not sure if it is possible with how the code and function of the Wiki works though.
It also would need quite an effort to compile and at the moment no-one in the DT team has that time available.

I still think it's a good idea though, so I'll keep it in mind as a "do if we can" thing.

The clan and character pages does have some "family tree" information though.
It's doesn't offer as simple overlook, but there's a lot of useful information there.

Example: http://www.drowtales.com/~wiki/index.php/Chrys%27tel_Vel%27Sharen
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Postby kirio » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:16 am

You could create a family tree easily using stacked, cross linked character information tables. ;)
You couldn't make a sensible tree using standard western conventions because adoption is too common and male lines are not culturally relevant.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby ladyvey » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:56 pm

I'd love to get some portraits done for most of the character pages, I would however need some help with the written content of each page.
I'm still learning the story/history so I wouldn't want to make any factual mistakes.

Thanks!
ladyvey
Tik'tikki

Postby Dalvyserran » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:34 pm

I'd like to make a request to those who are interested in lending a hand (or are bored :P)

We have majority of the wiki filled and updated to current, but there are still a lot of pages not yet touched. Some forum folks have been very helpful with helping out in this regard (partner555, MEK, pitdragon, Maria etc) but I feel that some of the important pages are being left out.

The thing is, we don't have the time that we used to for filling these pages up. If anyone is interested, here is a list of pages that still need to be given shape:

Chapter Summaries -- majority of them need a written summary. (example: http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/Cha ... Invitation)

Event Summaries -- We have those that are most important listed on the main page, but only four been filled. If you feel there are major events we missed, feel free to submit a page. Pages missing are:
    The Great Wars
    The Nidraa'chal Conspiracy
    The Vloz'ress Upheaval
    The District War (since it's a huge chunk of info to write, I've already set it up chronologically http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/The_District_War)

Non-cameo Character Pages -- Most are filled, but some have been sadly neglected or are in need of updating. If you find a page that needs updating, just submit a paragraph about what happened since last they appeared.
    Ulvakhi Kavahini
    Chakri
    Sae'rali (this is the Sul nid here http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=7535)
    Sharess
    Shan'naal
    Rel'lumina
    Gailen
    Ini'riia
    Nom'ina Nori'fu Sarghress
    Valo Varren Yurun'hiir Sarghress
    Atric Sarghress
    Iwan Sarghress
    Taro Sarghress
    Ysmir
    Sannindi'ligr Val'Dutan'vir
    Storr Sann'ligr Lem'ja Dutan'vir
    Minka Sann'ligr Val'Dutan'vir
    Shi'thua Jie'yen
    An'jin Jie'yen
    Quian Jie'yen
    Craft Lumesowa Dusk
    Sara'hilana Balvhakara
    Dra'jyal Kal'yantra
    Maszyna Kal'yantra
    An'jhali Tei'kaliath
    Naj'wa
    Rhinn'elos
    Kendra

General Info pages -- Again, most are filled, but there are a handful that have gone neglected for lack of info or some other reason:
    Light Elves
    Naga
    Duregar
    Ferals
    Dragons

Locations
    Haltonreibe
    Nuwa
    Nagyescsed
    Val'Nal'sarkoth Fortress
    Val'Illhar'dro Fortress
    Val'Jaal'darya Fortress
    Sarghress Fortress
    Vloz'ress Rift

Reminder to use confirmed sources only, and cite them whenever you can. Refer to the page creation guidelines if you need help, or ask me or any other Wiki admin for help! http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/Help:Index
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Next

Return to Wiki Submissions and Updates