Solar Spicule: (Part One) Memories of Nirrous

Re: Solar Spicule: (Part One) Memories of Nirrous

Postby django » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:35 am

Mae was shocked to see humans. And more then a little embarrassed she was captured by the little freaks, if word gets back to the rest of the unit she'll never hear the end of it. "Yes mam." She said as she slipped out of the bed. Grabbing ahold of Reka's foot and giving it a bit of a shake. "Wakey wakey. You blue haired freak."

Damn what did they do to the poor girl.

Stretching her legs as she went. Mae eventually found her stuff all neatly organized. And the human was right, no weapons. Not even her multy tool was spared. Bastards.

"So... We probably could have avoided this." He frowned at the blonde woman.
Tripping out from a bad coke.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Brawl97 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:56 am

Ebinoth looked at the human, weary of tricks. He went and looked at Reka again, still asleep Didn't realize she was such a deep sleeper. he poked her a few more times but nothing appeared to happen, he shrugged and let her stay, fairly certain that she was going to be fine. He picked up his gear and didn't see anything out of the ordinary and so decided to calm down Seems like this was all needless if you were just going to give us our stuff back. he said agreeing with mae's sentiment.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby SoulCode » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Reka would still not wake. A look of pained struggle was upon her face.
It was clear that until she dealt with the nightmare within her mind, Reka would not be waking easily.

"Dammit, the General wishes to see them all. Chrom bring that girl, carry her if you need."
Chrom, quite possibly the largest Halm the group had seen nodded. He wordlessly went to Reka's bedside and lifted her.
Reka reacted...but...the reaction was quite 'meek' and 'girly', words that one wouldn't use to describe Reka.

Not reacting to her reaction, Chrom carried her out the door.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Andromedai » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:14 am

"So that there is no confusion in the future, my name is Raven, First Lieutenant of the Centauri Recon Squad." A large human walked up behind her, "Ah, and this is my friend Chrom, he...not really at liberty to say." Ravens armor changed from gray to a solid black in seconds when Ebinoth and Mae spoke about how the whole event could of been avoided. "Not my fucking choice, it was up to the General, I just follow orders. Oh, by the way..." She pulled down part of her armor around her left shoulder to show that it was bandaged. "Your friend Reka managed to shoot me in my shoulder. I, and the rest of my squad were ordered to use non leather force. Luckily for all of you, none of my squad took to much damage, and none of us felt like causing trouble. Someone did mention wanting to toss a live flashbang into your medical room while you were coming out of the sedation, but I ordered them to stand down. Now, since everyone has their gear and Reka is mostly mobile, I will take you to the General. Chrom, stay at the back of the group and make sure no one tries anything stupid." Chrom nodded his head with out a word. "Some information for all of you, your ship is in the docking bay safe and sound, once you are done talking to the General you will be given back your weapons. Also, we are no longer near the town you were ordered to investigate." Kyndariana cut her off, "How the hell do you know all of this?" Raven smiled at her and didn't say a word. A couple of minuets passed as the group walked through the medical bay. Once they reached the viewing deck of the ship, Raven saluted the General then motioned at Kyndariana and her squad. "General Solares, Kyndariana and her squad are here, Reka is still asleep."

Solares turned around and smiled at Kyndariana and her squad. "Thank you Raven and Chrom." She walked over to Kyndariana and held out her arms in a friendly gesture, "Its good to see you again...sister." Kyndariana made a quick gab and punched Solares in the face. "You traitor! god damn you!" Raven walked up to Kyndariana while pulling out a metal stick, the end of it giving off a soft blue glow, from an electrical current. "Raven, stand down, I think our friends here and my SISTER deserve an explanation as to what happened." She wiped the blood from her face and motioned for the group to follow her to the front of the viewing room. "Lower the shield, and someone wake Reka up, I do not care if you have to drop her into a bath of ice cold water, just wake her up." Raven nodded her head. She pulled the pistol from the holster on her hip and fired a loud, ear numbing blank from her weapon that was loud enough to wake the dead from their eternal sleep. "I forgot how loud those blanks are....anyway, turn your attention to the landscape in front of us." It was clear they were no longer anywhere near where they had been knocked unconscious or the city. A vast, lush mountain range laid out before them, and in the distance, white shores under a warm midday sun. "Your commander left out some important details when he sent you on your mission. First off, Humans and Drow have been vanishing without much of a trace. All that we have found are a couple burned marks on the ground where we think ships landed." An officer ran into the viewing room and almost tripped over Kyndariana and her squad. "Solares, the space station is under attack from unknown enemies. They are going after the drive core, if it is destroyed, the station will explode, killing everyone on it."

The smile on Solares's face quickl turned into a look of anger, "Raven, give Kyndariana and her squad back their weapons and show them their ship. Mobilize evacuation shuttles just in case we can not stop the drive core from going critical. Chrom, go find your gunship and prep it, we will need your artistic talents for the battle to come. Bring some warheads as well, I have a feeling we will need them." Raven saluted Solares once more before motioning for the group to follow her. "I am not done talking with you Solares, once this is over, we are going to have a long chat." Solares smiled at Kyndariana, "I was about to say the same thing to you, there's more going on here than you know." Once in the hanger, Raven pointed at their ship. Around it were fighters, prepping themselves for combat, as well as a group of very large shuttles. "I will be joining your squad Kyndariana. Your weapons are in your personal lockers on the ship, go figure. I will be in the A.I. core installing my defense program for your ship, and trust me when I said you will want it. I added some new weapons to your ship and only my program will enable them to fire. Either that, or you can try to fire it with your current A.I. and risk having your whole ship exploding, completely destroying everything with in a one light year radius." Raven pressed a button on her data pad and the safety door on the outside of the ship opened, followed by the airlock. "Now if you would be so kind to get your ass inside of the ship, we can get going and save as many lives before shit hits the fan." A couple fighters quickly took off and left the hanger of the base.

"This base we are inside of is built into the side of the mountain, and extends many miles underground and in every direction. An enemy would have to use extensive firepower and spend a lot of warheads upon us to break our defenses." Raven closed the doors behind her once everyone was inside. "Mae I want you to go arm the plasma cannons, Ebinoth go arm the gauss cannons, Reka you are in charge of the warheads if you are feeling up to it. If not, you may go sleep and recover in your room. Raven...go take care of the A.I. core then meet me at the bridge, you said you are good with defense programs so you will be in charge of them. Keep our shields up and make sure everything is functioning correctly. I will be here giving you all orders, move out."

(Raven has a Russian accent.)
Last edited by Andromedai on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andromedai
Summoner

Location: Azeroth...or is it the Koprulu Sector? maybe Sanctuary?

Postby django » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:49 am

Well at least one of them managed to shoot something before going out, I still couldn't remember what happened between then and now. Mae thought to herself as she clipped on the last piece of her webbing gear, feeling rather spacious without all the ammo and grenades waring it down. "Hmm, right."

She looked at Reka. "I think we should keep her here commander. Or can we get a stretcher? Shes pretty bad if shes not getting up, why take her with us when she needs to heal up. I'll take her back to back to the ship and hook her up with a bed." Mae said as they discussed the humans and drows disappearing. She wasn't obligated to talk about such things without strict permissions.

But her orders where to take the plasma cannons. "Yes mam." Its been a while since she used plasma cannons.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:58 am

Ebinoth giggled a bit, Dat accent tho. I wish everything I said sounded that cool. as the situation was being explained Ebinoth looked at solares, he was somewhat happy he didn't bother her more and somewhat unhappy that he didn't tear her throat out while she was on the ship. He shrugged, as much as this interruption to his mission was annoying at least he could get back to it, that he wad going to be firing big, satisfyingly explosive weapons was an adequate enough bonus. This whole job got much more confusing in such a hurry. Oh, we can't just leave her behind mae, she would be just heartbroken if she missed all the fun. Besides chrom is not what i'd call a trustworty looking guy. I mean look at him, no sleeves and a full face mask in casual company? that's the kind of look I would expect from someone who runs a torture chamber. he said pointing at chrom I wouldn't want to be left alone with him in MY sleep, dude just screams S&M. The kind of stuff where you wake up chained to a wall and shit.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby SoulCode » Sat May 03, 2014 2:19 pm

Roll [1].....well daaammm

Reka awoke from her own mind. The situation having changed very much from when she was asleep.
Reka was overwhelmed by the questions buzzing through her head and at the quick pace things seemed to be moving. So she did what she always did, shut up an listened.

Most of the situation was beon her current understanding but two things were clear.
One. The station was under attack.
Two. The gunship was still awaiting her.

Well perhaps not herself, but Kyndariana had told her to use it. So use it she did.
With a hard shove, she pushed the starteled Chrom out of the cockpit and mounted up, still not having suited up from awaking.
Before the main ship had lauched, Reka and the gunship darted to space where...

The enemy would face a cranky Reka.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Andromedai » Tue May 06, 2014 10:10 am

Raven was going over a digital map of the ships interior when movement out the corner of her eye caught her attention. "What the..." She moved to the window near the command room and peered out of it. She watched Reka push Chrom out of the Gunship before taking his place. "Was not expecting that." she said to herself with a laugh. Kyndariana, who was going over the new weapons that were installed into the ship, watched the spectacle from where she stood. "Well, that's Reka for you, even to this day I still do not truly understand that blue haired female." Kyndariana went back to checking the weapons. "Phylon Q7 Ion beam projector...what the hell is that? Sounds like it could blow up a planet. Everything else here seems to be standard dreadnought weaponry."

Raven was quick to respond, "Nowhere near that powerful, but it will put a hole through a capital ship, if you can manage to charge it up and hit one in time." Raven pressed a button on the table in front of her and the map faded. "Quite a fancy ship you have here Kyn, I will return shortly, should not take me to long to install the program into the A.I. core." Raven turned and left, heading to the elevator with out another word. Kyndariana waited for Raven to give the all clear before preparing the ship for takeoff. It came a couple minuets later, Kyndariana was surprised as how fast the human worked.

"Everything is installed and ready for your command. I will be making sure everything is functioning correctly during the battle, and prepping the warheads for launch." Ravens com shut off. "Prepare for departure crew, docking bay doors are opening." Kyndariana pressed a button on her monitor and watched as light poured into the dark hanger. The ship took off vertically before taking a steep incline, traveling through the atmosphere and into space with in seconds. The space station could be seen in the distance, ships from both sides and the stations defenses lighting up the darkness of space with the chaos of war.

"Show time, boys and girls, if its hostile I want it dead. concintrate your fire on the larger ships for now. Most importantly is that you defend the evacuation ships that are leaving the station. On my monitor it shows me how many civilians need to be evacuated, how many have been evacuated, and how many need to be evacuated. I do not want to loose a single ship, so lets give these bastards all we have." With in seconds of giving her little speech, Kyndariana noticed that a large group of the fighters had pulled away from the space station and were now engaging them. "Kyn, all weapons are charged and ready to fire. Our Phylon Q7 is still drawing energy from the sun and will not be ready to fire for another ten minutes." Raven watched the count down timer on the monitor in front of her.

(Go ahead and blow up ships and defended evac shuttles and the such. Pew pew pew.)
http://grooveshark.com/s/The+Battle+Of+ ... 70rG?src=5
Andromedai
Summoner

Postby django » Thu May 08, 2014 7:45 am

"You think she qualified for that."Mae watched Reka get into the ship and take off. "Because I don't ever recall Reka saying... well anything really." And its a human ship to go with it. If they stuck her in one of those ships, she wouldn't know the ups and downs until it was too late saving herself from crashing.

Checking her magazine again because Mae is a paranoid bitch and wont probably trust the humans while they share the same breathing space.

"Who are we shooting at any ways." Mae cocked her Varg PP 90.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Ebinoth got into nis assigned seat, a smile of satisfaction on his face as he admired the cannon I don't get to use one of these engines of destruction everyday. I need to savor this. he made cooing noises to the gun, admiring the fine craft. The time to open fire began Time to have some fun. [17] Ebinoth opened fire on an enemy ship, he took careful aim and struck telling blows into the hull. He popped off a few more shots and the ship exploded, a satisfying burst of color congratulating him for a job well done I dunno, friends and foes in this mission are murky as hel. All I know is that I'm having fun blowing shit up.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby SoulCode » Tue May 13, 2014 12:44 am

The battle was on in full. Evidently the station had been caught off guard. Why did it seem every battle was one caught off guard?
No matter.
Shit had hit the fan and made one hell of a shit storm. They would have to weather it out. Reka had no idea how to 'win' this fight, nor if something more was actually going on.
So until she received further orders or likewise, she would have to make do with shooting down every boogie in sight...

"Show time, boys and girls, if its hostile I want it dead. concintrate your fire on the larger ships for now. Most importantly is that you defend the evacuation ships that are leaving the station. On my monitor it shows me how many civilians need to be evacuated, how many have been evacuated, and how many need to be evacuated. I do not want to loose a single ship, so lets give these bastards all we have."

Well alrighty then,

"Rodger" Reka respond before going
pew
pew
pew
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Andromedai » Sat May 17, 2014 11:31 am

(BIG POST INC! Lots of important information in here, if you have any questions please ask me via skype.)

"Greetings Kyndariana, I am the ships newly installed A.I. To keep things as comfortable as possible, I have taken on the name of your old A.I. Orion. I will be assisting you and your crew in the battle to come." This, was the first thing that Kyndariana heard as soon as they entered the war zone. "I do not have time for this, and I certainly do not like an A.I. taking over my....oh shit!" The ship quickly banked down, nearly missing the haul of the cruiser that Ebinoth had destroyed. Debris and plasma fire spit out from the side of it, the core heavily damaged and seconds away from going critical. "Engaging thrusters." Orion moved Kyndarianas ship to a safe distance just before the cruiser's core went critical, creating a blinding white and blue light from the explosion. "I take it back." said Kyndariana, her breath rapid from the mere collision, "Glad to have you here Orion."

After taking a couple deep breaths, Kyndariana asked for an update on the ship. "Everything is running at one hundred percent capacity, no damage was taken." Kyndariana marked targets for everyone manning a gun. "The red figures are hostile, the green are friendly, easy as that." The ships A.I. was already shooting targets out of the sky when Raven came up on the monitor to her left, "Phylon Q7 is ready to fire on your command, for a short time after you fire it, our shields will be running at twenty five percent capacity. That is the only downside to firing this weapon." There was no worthy target to fire it upon at the time, so Kyndariana thanked Raven and marked targets of her own. The enemy was being pushed back very slowly from the combined forces of the space station as well as Kyn and her crew.

Victory was at hand, until...

A Class Five Dreadnought wrapped into the battlefield, immediately opening fire upon all hostiles in the area. Kyndariana had never seen one before, they were used for destroying enemy capitals, sterilizing infected areas of space, or even conquering worlds. The sheer shock and awe of one actually being brought into battle and used was enough to cause even Raven to stop in her tracks and stare at it in bewilderment. What happened next was for the most part, completely unexpected. The C5 Dreadnought fired a large warhead at the space station, only giving Kyndariana and her crew a couple of seconds to duck down and shield their eyes from the impact. A blinding white light erupted from the space station, followed by the core of the station overloading instantly, causing a unparalleled explosion that sent out a massive wave of energy in all directions. Anything caught in this radius was instantly vaporized as the energy ripped it down past the atomic level.

The evacuation ships had managed to evacuate almost everyone to the planet below before this happened. Kyndariana's ship as well as Reka's Gunship were thankfully outside of the blastrange, but they were still nowhere even remotely close to being safe. "The space station was destroyed and triggered a massive explosion that was amplified due to the warhead. Our shields are at twenty five percent." Kyndariana pulled herself off of the ground and placed herself into a gunners seat near the front of the ship. "Raven, I am going to fire the Phylon Q7." the ships A.I. quickly spoke, "That will drain our shields to zero and any damage we take will go directly to the hall of our ship." Kyndariana placed a pair of gunner optics down over her face and quickly powered open the weapon to fire. "We all know what we sighed up for, if that C5 Dreadnought gets near the planet, it will turn the base to ash, I will not allow that."

The shot was lined up, "Its ready to fire Kyndariana." said Raven, who manually removed the safety programs allowing the weapon to be fired. "If this works, and we live through this, I am taking you all to my own beach home I own on a unmarked moon I bought from the black market. If not, well...it has been an honor to work with all of you, and I totally have a crush on Reka." before anyone could respond, Kyndariana pulled the lever back that fired the weapon. Instantly, a beam of solar energy shot from the weapons barrel. The ships interior became at least thirty times hotter and all the power shutdown in the ship, leaving a black metallic object floating in the vast emptiness of space. After a couple of seconds, which felt more like an hour in Limbo, everything was brilliantly illuminated in a spectacular show of colorful lights. Glowing debris and other unknown matter cluttered the area where the C5 Dreadnought use to be.

It appeared the weapon drew the light, energy, and dark matter from around them them, condensed it into a projectile and fired it at the target with unimaginable speed. "Rebooting power systems...twenty five....fifty....seventy....one hundred percent charged." The ship would come back to life in a flash of light, all systems running flawlessly. Kyndariana would be in her chair, sweat dripping from her forehead, feeling as if she had been awake for days on end. "Target has been eliminated, all crew members accounted for." Kyndariana removed the gunner optics and placed them back onto the chair. "What the actual fuck just happened. Was I unconscious? Take us to Solares, I need a cold shower and something very strong to drink..." The ships A.I. turned the ship around and did its best to describe what had just happened to the crew. "From my observations and readings It seems the weapon drew the light, multiple types of energy, and dark matter from around us, condensed it into a projectile and fired it at the target. Somehow, it put our ship in a stasis field until impact. My readings become blurry and go into a mess of corrupted information after that."

It was then, that Kyndariana noticed the weapon floating out in front of them, "It appears the weapon also destroyed itself in the process. I vote to never put one of those weapons back on any of our ships for as long as I am alive." She laughed to herself, letting her body relax as the ship quickly landed back at the base. "Kyn and crew! I saw the explosion from inside of my office, with my blinds closed. It lit up the planet like the sun was out for over an hour and we lost all contact with you. I have no idea what the hell happened up there but the C5 Dreadnought is gone and, no surprise here, you saved almost every life on that station." Kyndariana stopped and looked Solares in the eyes. "Swear to me, that you will never make another one of those weapons. It felt like I was up there in that damn ship alone, in the dark, for over a hours while I waited for the C5 to explode."

Soalres nodded her head, "That is very odd, do not worry, that was the only one we had. In truth, we did not make it, we found it and said 'Hey! lets strap this alien weapon to Kyn's ship and have them fire it at something to see what happens. Apparently you broke time and space for an hour, good job, you should all get a metal or something for that. Sadly, we have no such things, what we do have is a celebration for all of you, woot woot! That is tomorrow though, you all look like shit. Go get some food and get some rest, I have the best medics available ready to check all of you over at a moments notice, just let one of us know if you would like anything at all. I am very proud of all of you and I look forward to seeing all of you tomorrow." Solares bowed then quickly left them.

Kynariana looked at her squad and saluted them, "I...am so very sorry I almost got all of you killed, that was stupid and selfish of me. I had no idea that Solares was just using us as test subjects to fire that weapon." A couple medics walked up behind Kyndariana and handed her a card, the card had a number one on it and on the back had directions to the rooms they would be staying. The medics passed out a card to each squad member, then waited for them patiently. "I need to get some sleep..." her eyes looked over her squad, a very small and extremely difficult to see tint of crimson appeared under her eyes as she glanced at Reka. She quickly turned her back and left for her room. while walking down the halls of the base, she noticed rooms filled with people from the space station, talking and asking questions about what had happened and where they would go next.

Once at her room, Kyndariana opened the door and raised her eyebrows at what she saw. A beautifully laid out apartment size room, tailored to fit her taste. "How did they...when did...." Kyndariana was at a loss for words. She made her way over to the art-deco bed and slipped out of her armor, laying it down next to her bed. Gently, she climbed into her bed, letting her body and mind relax in the most comfortable environment she had been stepped foot inside of in at least ten years. She hoped that the rest of her crew felt the same way she did. "This has been one hell of a day..." she thought to herself as she stared up at the ceiling above her.
Last edited by Andromedai on Tue May 20, 2014 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andromedai
Summoner

Postby django » Sun May 18, 2014 1:50 am

The lights and the explosions happening around them in the void of space, it was almost hypnotizing to Mae. But when the dreadnought exploded, it made her realize how fragile everything was and how surreal the complete silence was to go with it. Had this been on a planet, it would have been earth shatteringly loud.

The poor planet bellow and the space debris raining down on it. But the noise of the ship wasn't so quite. "Whats this card for again?" Mae said as the wane of battle was shaking off of her.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:31 am

Ebinoth fired again abd again, taking shots at the multitude of ships unleashing their payloads in suitably impressive looking salvos. He saw a few more explosions, many of which he had a direct hand in. He felt proud of his destruction only for it to be slammed into the fucking pavement, never to be seen again as the dreadnought came into the scene and started blowing shit up. He sat in awe for a moment of the destructive capabilities. ..and then as yet another example of how insignificant his paltry showing was a massive beam of energy fired on the dreadnought and blew it the fuck up. Ho-ly shit. This is fucking awesome, I need a fucking gun like that, holy shit. I just wanna see that thing blow shit up all day....WOW. he fawned over the weapon as kyn apologized to them for using it Such a shame an instrument of destruction like that was only good for one shot. he wiped the ample sweat off his forehead Hot as fuck though. he hugged Mae Maybe it's a door key. Let's go find where we sleep. he said pulling his mate with him.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby SoulCode » Tue May 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Science.

The Universe itself bowed before it's laws. Laws that intellectual beings decided to alter for themselves. In this way, these intellectual beings challenged the gods themselves.
Reka was the farest thing from religious, but wondered briefly as she saw the spectical before her, if it was an act of the gods.
She had seen the station go, and whilst powerful the explosion had been, this...

Space was black. This was a fact of the Universe. Science however, showed it would bend even this law.
The ever growing shockwave inverted the color of all it touched. Then ripped them asunder like it did the fabric of exsistance itself.
If not for Reka being Reka, she might have been too awe-struck to get herself outta there.

-----

After the battle was like a haze. Reka on auto-pilot went through the motions and clicked back into manual upon her bed in her own specified room.
"..." her mind didn't know where to start processing. So it began with everything,
How long have they been on that station unaware of Solar,
Did any of the brass on the station know about Solar,
Why was Solar hidden,
Who was the enemy?
Where is Unit 4?

yet oddly enough a single question rose above the others,

...What did Kyn say over the radio?
SoulCode
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay