Solar Spicule: (Part One) Memories of Nirrous

Re: Solar Spicule: (Part One) Memories of Nirrous

Postby SoulCode » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Reka was halfway out with her hand on the door latch when the robot caught her arm.

Quite honestly she was at first surprised. Surprised the override had been overridden.
Then as the orders came she felt something else.
Anger.
Lots of mounting anger.

Angry she had to march back to everyone like a scolded child.
Angry she'd looked like a idiot.
Angry she had wasted her breath, her words.
Angry her last resort code had failed
Most of all she was angry she couldn't seek out the signal.
She was just... just so...

Had Reka been a robot her glare at the droid that held her would have been nothing less than a laser.
Her held arm clenched a tighting fist that strained against the steel.

And then it didn't.

Sensing or rather confused at the sudden disappearance in aggression the robot let go to compute what had happened.
It came to an error as the subject had already left.

Reka or rather Unit 7 of Recon Squad 4, walked listlessly through the halls. She entered the armory without a word, without a sound, nor seemingly a single care. Seeing as her armor was already on as her pack and gun, she simply grabbed a spare ammo clip and started to load the shells.
click...click...click
Each shell of the .50 the size of a thumb.
click...click...click

Unit 7 never met anyone else's gaze and walked again listlessly to her seat in the shuttle and sat.
"..."
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Brawl97 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:31 am

Ebinoth watched Reka with a puzzled look on his face until eventually a smile crept on. He sat next to reka and gave her quiet friend a big hug Don't you be worrying my friend. he said with a squeeze I want to be out there doing stuff too but this will be much faster, wemcan get to the fun at the speed of.... he paused The speed of however fast this thing goes. The large male fidgeted in his seat, waiting anxiously for liftoff Come on boss, the place won't be scouting itself.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Andromedai » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:02 am

Kyndariana had her eyes focused on the dropships main monitor, going through a system and life support check before launch. "Systems are ready and waiting, life support is enabled, launch systems are prepped and waiting for your activation." said the ships A.I. Kyndariana went over everything once more before shutting the door to the dropship and removing the latches that held it in place. A green light lit up upon the control panel, telling Kyndariana that it was all clear to begin their descent. With a quick glance over her right shoulder, she checked one more time to make sure everyone was in their seat, strapped in. Satisfied, she turned back around and reached above her to press a button, which caused the dark armory to slowly be flooded with sunlight as the docking bay doors opened. "3...2...1...launch." each number counted down with a soft beep before the dropship free fell for five seconds before the thrusters kicked in, pushing Kyndariana back into her seat. A soft hum was all that could be heard as the dropship cruised through the air eighty feet from the ground. The ride was incredibly smooth, thanks to the stabilisers that leveled it out and to the design that helped it cut through the air without any turbulence. The ships window had a hud built into it, which was now highlighting areas that were safe and most likely beneficial places to land. "Airport, Military base, Supplyport." She tapped the edge of her seat lightly before deciding to land at the airport. "The airport is a large, open area that we can get into and out of easily if anything may arise." she said as the ship gently tilted to the left and headed in its direction. "I am picking up movement not far from our landing point. Signs show they are bandits that have set up a base inside of a large building east of us." "Land outside of their view, near the flight tower of the airport and position the dropship inside one of the hangers near by."

The ship took a very sharp dive that made Kyndariana grab onto the straps of her seat and tense her body to keep herself from moving much. A couple seconds would pass before the ship would straighten out and decelerate, coming to a stop inside one of the massive, ship hangars that was empty. The lights inside of it turned on and small laser symbols on the ground helped guide the A.I. to its proper landing pad. As soon as the dropship touched down, a message flicked onto the ships monitors. "Welcome to the ONI Interplanetary Airbase, this facility was established for ONI Military Personnel and authorised civilians only. Please have your ID and ship clearance ready for review once you reach the security clearance bay which you will find through the large doors in the middle of the hangar. ONI Security drones are on sight and ready to assist you with clearance. WARNING: Failure to show proper clearance may result in forced expulsion from facility. Any hostile acts will be met with lethal force. Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy your stay at Horizon." The ship was silent for a moment, "Well looks like we may have an issue here. Orion, can you do anything about those drones?" The ships A.I. spoke up, "I can, but you will need to find the server room and plant a hacking device onto the main server for me to have control of the facility." Kyndariana got up out of her seat and quickly picked up her gear, heading for the ships exit. Once outside, she glanced around the large hangar and noticed that, there was gunship on one of the landing platforms. It was in very good condition, fully armed, freshly painted, and extremely clean, as if it was never used. "Reka, come here, I have a gift for you." she smirked slightly as she eyed the blue haired girl.
Last edited by Andromedai on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andromedai
Summoner

Location: Azeroth...or is it the Koprulu Sector? maybe Sanctuary?

Postby django » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:06 am

When Mae entered the room, she was met with the extremely rare sight of Reka looking really perturbed. The fact the girl showed any emotion right now was bad sign in Maes books.

"Why are you so pissy." The Saw woman said under her helmet. "Did you have something to do with this." She turned her head to the brute known as Ebinoth. Strapping herself down along with her equipment.

"We should have brought more people. I don't like urban fighting, and urban fighting with just us is going to strech us thin." She said as she felt the butterflies settle down in stomach and cocked her gun *Chu Chunk* "So who left these drones on, couldn't we call base and ask to shut them down?"
Tripping out from a bad coke.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby SoulCode » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:29 am

Roll 10

The hug was unexpected and it's warmth was wasted upon Unit 7. Perhaps Reka would remember it later, for now though, Unit 7 gave Ebinoth a flat look and silence until he let go.

As they dropped into the field of operations, Unit 7's eyes surveyed what it could. Interesting that there bandits around. From their mission briefing, one expected it to be a ghost town everywhere. A live capture and interrogation of said bandit could help shed some light on such subject.

As they started their decent into the hanger, Unit 7 was busy thinking of all the way to hurt not kill a target.
Short of tearing a limb off at a time, Unit 7 couldn't think of many ways. There was just too many ways to kill. Killing was--

"Reka, come here, I have a gift for you."

Unit 7 delayed that thought to report to commanding officer,
The gunship caught her eye. Yet it was quickly dismissed as she looked at Kyn, tilting her head as she did so.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Brawl97 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 am

Ebinoth smiled at Reka and waved but she was ignoring him, he gave a sad look I didn't do anything, she's just mad at me I guess. He sighed, giving his mate a hug You aren't mad at me right? He asked his mate. Before he could continue moping he saw the computer announcement Oh hey we're here! Lethal force huh? Well now things are getting interesting. Orders commander?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Andromedai » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:59 am

Kyndariana pointed at the gunship with her left index finger, the smirk still spread across her face. "The gunship is yours, when we are leaving the base, I would like you to pilot that back to the ship. It will come in handy if anything..." she stopped and corrected herself. "When something goes to hell. Now let me see here..." The data-pad Kyndariana had attached to part of her armor flickered to life as she ran her fingers over its user interface. "The station does not have any control over this colony Mae, and using an EMP on the whole facility would be to risky. We can destroy each Drone, or we can hack them. I hate to waste resources, so hacking them is the better option. Then we can use them as a distraction while moving to flank the bandits. Use taser rounds on the robots, and do not destroy them. I hear if you shoot one of them in the wrong area, their core will become unstable and cause a very small nuclear explosion. That does give me an idea though, but first, lets hack these drones then take care of the bases core servers."

Taser rounds were being loaded into her pistol, one by one while she spoke. The door to the hanger that lead into the base opened quietly when Kyndariana walked in front of it. She took it upon herself to make sure she was the first one inside, just incase something went wrong. There was no way she would let any harm come to her squad. "Hall way is clear." she said as she peered down the hallway that lead to the main entrance of the facility. "I am counting...eight drones, heavily armed, four on either side of the room. Someone toss a smoke grenade in there, and have your thermal vision ready once it goes off. If we coordinate our targets correctly, we can stun them all at the same time without giving them a chance to fight back. Ebinoth, take the first two on the left. Reka, take the last two on the left. Mae, take the last two of the right, and I will take the other two. Get that smoke out there so we can start this, daylight in burning."

(Go ahead and take down your assigned Drones)
Andromedai
Summoner

Postby django » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:20 am

"I'm not mad at you. And nows not the time for lovin." Sharess she forgot how strong he was. "Besides, Reka seems to be in a mood or something. I wouldn't let it bother you."

They have other problems on hand to deal with.

"I didn't bring any taser rounds. And I'm not a hacker." She gently pushed away from Ebinoth's while flipping her Termal vision on as she followed Kyn's lead. Taking a hand full of the taser rounds and placing them in her revolver. Thank god for adjustable chambers and barrels put on the damn thing.

Mae adjusted her PP 90 and pulled a smoke grenade from her belt. Giving it a good toss, the smokey ball spread a cloudy smoke around the room. Bursting in, Mae took aim with her revolver, taking one shot after another downing both her targets. Where they did a little dance on the floor.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SoulCode » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:35 am

Roll 19

Roll 19
[Normally I add some flare to my writing but not overly so if I can help it. Yet with two 19 rolls back to back....
I can't help it.]

Reka cared for her friends and her comrades. When someone noticed this quiet gal and returned her kindness, they would be greeted with the warmest of smiles in all the known universe. Giving a gal a brand new gunship would definitely count in Reka's eye's as supreme kindness.

But.

Reka wasn't here

Unit 7 nodded in response to orders and headed down the hall. A service android stood in her way, it crashed against the ground missing a head. Unit 7 took a few more steps when a patrol droid hovered close. It's exploded fragments clanked off the floor. Unit 7 turned on her heels and made out of the now-clear hallway, back towards the hanger.
Her gunship awaited.
So to did Unit 4, full designation unit RS44, somewhere out there.
Unkt 7, full designation unit RS47, moved to make for the gunship.

More figure moved in her path.
They would stop Reka
They would not stop Unit 7

She raised her gun at the first figure.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Brawl97 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:51 am

Ebinoth took his gun and smiled madly Oh yes yes yes boss. No problem. he moved into position and waited for Mae to get the fun started. The smokes were thrown and Ebinoth rushed in, he leveled his gun at the drones and fired [11] he snaped off two shots, each one striking the drones and putting them down in a moment. He kicked himself for his sloppy aim as he had nearl missed the last one but he just figured that he would need to aim better next time All targets down. he reported.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Andromedai » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:57 pm

(Really sorry about that guys, I will be on top of my posts for now on! Sorry for long read.)

The shots from each of the soldiers went off through the smoke, almost in perfect synchronization. Once the smoke had cleared, the drones could be seen laying upon the ground, still functioning but no longer hostile. "Swiftly and to the letter, I wouldn't expect anything less from all of you, very nice job." said Kyndariana as she walked over to one of the drones and bent down upon one knee. Pulling out her data pad, she plugged a cord into the back of one of the drones head and quickly started to hack into it. From within its neural network, she reprogrammed it to send out a message to the other drones that laid around it. The message, or more of a program, would tell the drones that Kyndariana and her squad here not hostile. "Reka, would you mind doing something for me?"

She held out a electrical spike that was used to overload a computers system to the blue haired gal and pointed at the drone she had just finished hacking. "Shove that into the back of the drones head so it can not be seen. Once planted, I can use my data pad to cause its core to go critical and cause a miniature nuclear explosion instantly. Clearly, we will want to be far away when it goes off. So please, be very careful when planting that spike." Her com came to life and Orion, the ships A.I. could be heard by the squad. "The bandits life signs have gone offline, I am picking up other lifeforms in their place. Humanoid figures that match the scans we made earlier. I recommend extreme caution while moving towards their location. Also, Solares......."

The com quickly shut off and all the lights in the facility went black. "What the fuck was that, anyone get any readings?" The data pad that Kyndariana had in her hand, flickered back to life, slowly but surely. It showed a exclamation mark with information explaining their was an emp set off. The data pad then shut down and went black. Thankfully, Kyndariana had advanced night-vision built into the visor on her helmet. Strangely, the drones were still functioning, it was as if they emp was made to disrupt their equipment only. The room was dead silent, besides her breathing, "I do not like this."

She drew her weapon and started to back up slowly, motioning for the others to head to the exit and quickly get onto the ship. What they did not know, was that the doors to the room were now locked shut. To make things worse and even more creepy, the drones pushed themselves off of the ground and stood up silently, moving to one corner of the room and standing still. Kyndarianas picked up a soft blue light now emanating outward from each side of the door that lead into the main part of the base. Kyndariana drew her weapon and readied herself for whatever was about to come through that door.

With in seconds, there was a loud pop that filled the room. Kyndarianas vision went white, all she could hear was a loud ringing in her ears and was left very disoriented. Her vision came back very slowly, but just as she could make out the figures of what seemed to be soldiers that now surrounded her squad, her body went limp and then she blacked out. (Sorry for the god mod, but this happened to the whole squad so I can move the story along. <3 ^^; ) When she and her squad awoke, they would find themselves inside of a room that held a bed for each of them. Beside each bed was a small metallic table with what seemed to be a bottle of water, and pills of some sort that laid on top of piece of paper that said "Take the pills, they will help." Kyndariana awoke with the worst headache of her life, her vision was blurred and it was hard to see everything around her.

"Hello?" she called out in a weak voice, forcing herself to sit up with a pained grunt. Looking around, she noticed the rest of her squad, they were still in their armor and still had all of their equipment, besides their weapons. "Holy shit, my head." She glanced over at the table and read the note to herself before picking up the pills and the bottle of water. "Should I...?" the thought was pushed back with a massive wave of pain that went through her head once more. "screw it." she tossed the pills into her mouth and quickly swallowed them with the water. With in seconds, the headache subsided and her vision returned to normal.
Andromedai
Summoner

Postby Brawl97 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:08 pm

(It's all good with me. You are the GM and the story has to keep going)

Ebinoth was standing over the do downed drones, a look of satisfaction on his face Ha, is this all? I am not entertained. he said mockingly. All at once his stuff shut down and it went dark, in another moment he was surrounded and subdued.

As he woke up the firdt thing he said was Me and my big mouth he got up and saw some pills and water with a note. He took the stuff and drank, if someone wanted him dead they already would have shot him. He looked around and saw Reka and Mae Wake up you two, were still alive. he saw movement out of the corner of his eye and looked up, it was kyn and the boss is still here. he said to the still down squad mates. Uh..orders boss?

(I will be on vacation for 3 about 3 days (so skip my turn) if my character needs to do something just have him do it. I will read what happens and catch up)
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby SoulCode » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Unit 7 stopped in her tracks to obey the orders of her superior.
Yet unit 7 did not have the time to do much with the high-tech spike as shit hit the fan quick.

Confused but far from helpless, Unit 7 fired off a few shots despite being blind.

[Roll 11]

[A loud swear was the reply, as well as a loud 'pop' of a fired gun. Unit 7 felt the bullet rip through her arm and strike the armor chestplate causing the wind to be knocked from her. With combination with the initial flash, Unit 7 went down and stayed down... ]

[Roll 14]
[Mostly. Yet the trained body was never truly helpless, even when asleep. It kicked, punched, and fought on reflex.]

The same person now lay asleep upon a bed, top armor removed and replaced with first aid. This person did not rise the sounds of the others. The person held a distressed face and seemed to be quite deep in their own mind.
Question was, Unit 7 or Reka, which would wake from the nightmare?
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:52 pm

(No problems on my end, as long as if it furthers the story and doesn't kill the whole party dead.)

Mae was staring at the ceiling when she came back. The white removable tiles that kinda looked like cardboard sponges. It wasn't hard to noticed all the weight of all her gear was gone. Someone or something changed from her uniform to a hospital gown.

Did she die and go to heaven? That wasn't likely since she heard Ebinoth's voice, and if they let him get into heaven their standards have certainly dropped since the last time she saw a drowhirr televangelist on late night tv.

She leaned up until she was sitting. Still a drowsy and she saw the Iv drip attached to her arm. "Is this the ship?"

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Andromedai » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:41 am

"No...this is not our ship, its architecture is very different, and these damn white lights that are illuminating from the walls are sure as hell not on our ship." Kyndariana moved to a sitting position on the bed and let her legs hang over the edge. It was then, that she noticed Reka, and the bandages around parts of her body. "Oh shit..." She stood up and started to walk over to her right as the door to the room opened vertically with a soft hissing sound. What came through the door stopped Kyndariana in her tracks, she turned her head and just stared with an emotionless look across her face. A solider wearing a full suit of white medic power armor walked into the room and looked around at the crew before speaking. "Good to see you are all awake, besides your friend there. I assure you, she will be fine when she awakes." The visor on the helmet slid back to reveal a female human with blue eyes and blonde hair. "I would stay where you all are and not try to do anything unintelligent." she tapped the weapon on her left hip. Walking over to Reka, she checked the medical equipment and swiped her hand above a monitors screen. It changed a couple of times, showing vitals and other important information.

With her left hand, she pulled out a data pad and tossed it to Kyndariana how caught it. "I believe this belongs to you." she then turned and walked over to the wall near Kyndariana and a large compartment slid out of it. "You can find the rest of your gear here. Weapons are still forbidden until the general gives the all clear." The com inside of the medics helmet lit up with a soft blue light as someone spoke to her. "Yes ma'am, I understand, I will let them know." she tapped something on one of the monitors that was attached to the wall near Reka. "Someone wake your friend here, then get into your gear, if you do not already have it on." She moved to the exit and stood in the doorway, waiting for the squad to follow her orders. "Quickly, mind you, the General does not like to wait." Her left hand was placed on her weapon, just for safety precautions. Kyndariana had watched every movement the medic had made, every word she had spoken, and once she was done speaking, the squad leader quickly ordered her squad to do as they were told. "Mae, get your gear on then wake Reka and get her into her armor, the rest of you, do as the combat medic says." Kyndariana already had her armor and gear on, her eyes moved away from her squad and met with the humans. "I do not trust her...but we do not have a choice right now." Thought Kyndariana.

(What her armor looks like http://fav.me/d6j598x )
Andromedai
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay