Midnight Carnival (Open)

Re: Midnight Carnival (Open)

Postby Khora2150 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:54 am

Not willing to irritate the Vel'akar, Talab'nolu nodded his head. "Of course, If I may ask however, where is it you hail from?" Shares you are good at getting into bad situations Tal, how will I get out of this one... "There are a few places of interest around this carnival it seems, but I admit this district is new to me. Would you be agreeable if we find out about them together?"
Verthandi - Nidraa'chal Agent
Akor'rak - Tei'kaliath Scout
Malag'nafein - Karoth'akh Illhar
Khora2150
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:06 am

Lok grinned at Vicyl, "So shall we try out some of the entertainment? Or maybe get some food? I have a few ada on me, we could always get a haledri steak and then skip out on paying though," Lok's grin turned mischievous, "Or we could try out one of the Flower Guild stalls..."

--

Kiva laughed, "I'm from the Vloz'ress of course, who else but them would have a pet Vel'akar?" she laughed, wrapping one of her arms around Talab'nolu's shoulder, "Then Let's explore the district together then, shall we?" Kiva laughed, beginning to walk towards what looked like a group of people gathered around a cage.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Catriana » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 am

Vicyl let out a grumble and crossed his arms. "I don't care." He snapped, although truth be told he could go for some food. "Except for the Guild of Flower stalls. I'm fine not wasting my money on whores." A second passed before he inwardly winced at how callous he sounded. What if Ninorok had somehow survived and...no. Even as high class as he had been at that seedy brothel, there was no way the Guild would have taken him in after the war. People like his little brother were unique, and he hoped for the boy's sake he was dead instead of alone on the streets of Chel.

It would ease his guilty conscience, if nothing else.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SoulCode » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:11 pm

"Sarg we-"
"I know kid, stay quiet and move." Chrono ordered and they stumbled over to the demon's new location like messy hobos. In this crowd, they where unseen, more so cause most drow didn't even give to looks to a pair of dirty halms.

Strange for a demon to appear so civil.
Oh Fukiety Fuk she's more dangerous than I first thought
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Lok picked up on the emotions his companion was feeling,but didn't say anything. He'd learned long ago it was best not to speak about the feelings of others to them. Many people felt that their emotions belonged to themselves, that they were private and that for another to know them was a violation, mostly because to them, the emotions of others were the same. But to Lok, who had always known the emotions of others, it was more like viewing a self evident fact about a person, such as their appearance, though it was difficult to convey that to non empaths.

Lok had been willing to work with Kiel'ndia because she wasn't as cruel as she maybe wanted to appear, though Tsuris'Lok knew better then to say anything, he didn't doubt that she'd break his legs to "keep up appearances" if she found out he'd said anything. He honestly wondered if she even knew he knew what she was really like.

"Why don't we get some food then? Come on, my treat." Lok said, heading towards an outdoor eatery.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Khora2150 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Upon spotting the occupant of the cage, he had a strong suspicion of knowing him from before. "Mek'kel?" The often cowardly seeming drow did not seem the type to partake in such an act, but nevertheless...We all have our ways to make ends meet afterall, just some are more exotic than others I guess.

A burst of mischievousness overtook Tal as he threw an Ada into Mek'kels cage before returning his attention to Kiva. "It is a shame that the Vloz'ress would keep you locked in a fortress, you do not seem to be like any other I have met, but not a destructive demon as others paint your kind to be."
Verthandi - Nidraa'chal Agent
Akor'rak - Tei'kaliath Scout
Malag'nafein - Karoth'akh Illhar
Khora2150
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Catriana » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Vicyl's response was a noncommittal grunt and a shrug. He wouldn't say no to free food. The ex-merc moved through the crowds easily, somewhat because of skill, and some because the two of them would be given a wide berth. It wasn't too difficult to look at them and know they weren't individuals to be messed with.

One stall was carrying spicy spider legs, which gave him pause. He grabbed Lok's arm to get his attention. "There." he said. "I want some of those."
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 am

"Ooooh, spicy spider legs, good choice!" Lok was partial to the stuff himself. Lok made his way over to the stall, leaning over it to examine the food. "Two orders of legs please." Lok said, smiling behind his mask. The stall owner looked nervous, but complied quickly. Lok paid the man and handed Vicyl his food. "Can't search for a rogue Vel'akar on an empty stomach," he laughed. He pulled his mask up and took a bite of the food.

--

Kiva looked on at the scantily clad male, not really all that sure what the big deal was. "Why's he in a cage? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to be out of it so the others could touch him?" she wondered aloud. Kiva looked a bit surprised by Talab'nolu's comment. "Don't I? Not all of us are hungry monsters, how many other demons have you met that were capable of talking? I could tell you thinks about where I come from that would make your meager concept of reality crumble around you to ash." she said, her toothy grin returning. "The ones who summoned me thought me their property, as they put me in the body of one of their slaves," she pulled her hood aside to show the collar around her neck, "The meaning is lost on my kind though, I made them my food, the only reason I'm still among the Vloz'ress is because I have no where else to go." She remembered the lurching sensation as she was dragged from her world, the loss of the life she had known, the brother she would never see again, and the drowlings standing over her. She had killed them all and devoured them. She hid in the fortress, confused and alone. Only one person had managed to get through to her.....

--

Zan'nah sat at a table at the carnival at an outdoor eatery, sipping a glass of water. Her head hurt, her whole body was sore and her back was killing her. She felt like crap. She kept seeing the grinning porcelain mask. She couldn't remember anything that had happened that night, but she had woken up neck naked, her armor gone, replaced by bandages, bound and gagged and surrounded by flowers. The words "Until next time!" had been written in chalk over her head. She must have had too much of Vul'kana's ale, she certainly wasn't going to be drinking again anytime soon, she had had enough trouble getting back home.... She pushed the memory from her mind, blushing a bit as she did so, she just wanted to relax...

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Gojinki » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:30 am

With great purpose the lively music had come to an end and the dance had reached it's completion. The small raider took his bow and began to pick up the crescents that had gathered about the cage. He and the musicians would split the earnings a little later after one more show in the festival wrap up. From now until the final showing Mek'kel was free to enjoy the festivities! Booths, song, food, and enjoyment were something he remembered well from back home... and often missed, but this event would be the much needed rest from all the fights and dangerous situations he managed to fins himself in on a regular basis.

Coins gathered and clothing changed the small male returned as a festival goer instead of a dancer... getting a rather uneasy feeling instantly now that he didn't have a cage to hide inside of.

---

A tiny glowing dot drifted about above the carnival, dipping and weaving through the gently light cavern. each time it would start to get low to the ground something would spook it back up into the air. This tiny glint of natural light flickered and floated along its merry way until finally landing on the unsuspecting nose of a blue haired mixed blood with a kiss of tiny feet. It's glow dimmed a little before brightening once more in the lightning bugs visual song. Should her intention to be to flick or swat the creature it would simply zip away from her hand and land on the same spot once more after a moment of frantic flight.
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby SoulCode » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:45 am

They followed the demon, acting out the part of 'dirty halms' perfectly, manly cause they where. Staying at the end of streets as to see the demon from quite a way's away, Sheen decided to duck through a mostly-empty table area.
Before Chrono could cuss, Sheen pumped into the large lady simply drinking water.

Chrono raced over hoping that at least he hadn't spilled the fae's drink or she'd likely spill his blood. On closer look, the fae was a mix-breed busty female with glasses and forehead markings. Sheen barely looked at her, her beauty and size making him feel like a ant at barely a 1/4 her size.
A scared hand took the cuff of his shirt and Chrono quite litterly threw Sheen a distance away before bowing low to Zan.
He was larger than Sheen, but Zan still easily oversized him.

"Many apoligezes mistress drow." he said quickly
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:56 am

Zan'nah looked at the bug on the bridge of her nose, trying to get it to fly away by wriggling her nose and blowing on it but it wouldn't leave. Suddenly she was shoved from behind and turned to see a pair of goblins. Both armed and they both wore warmeat collars too. "It's fine, just be more careful," Zan'nah said, shooing the goblins away. She wasn't in the mood to deal with them at the moment, her headache was her primary concern.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby SoulCode » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:01 am

"Yes thank you!" Chrono was so dam glad the fake collors looked real, he ran to Sheen grabbed him and sped away. All warmeat where slaves but Chrono had had his collor removed some time ago, dam thing chaffed his neck! It wasn't too big of a deal, so long as he wore the fake one. Collors where after all signs of servitude and all that. With goblins being so utterly under the fae races, a naked fae could easliy feel being the master to an armored halm. Sad part was, with their mana,
they likey would always be.
Last edited by SoulCode on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Catriana » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 am

Vicyl snorted at Lok's comment about searching on an empty, but his lips twitched upward in a ghost of a smile. What a little idiot. "Only you would be excited at a time like this." he lifted his mask, taking a bite of one of the legs. Ah, good and hot, just how he liked it.
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 am

Lok took another few bites of his spider legs before noticing a woman at a table not far from him. Her black hair had blue streaks in it, her forehead a familiar tattoo, and wore glasses.

"Zan'nah?" Lok said, surprise on his face as he saw his sister again. The female looked over towards him, squinting at him for a moment before her eyes widened in surprise as well as she recognized him. Crap... Lok thought to himself as she stood up and quickly strode over to him. "Lok!" she shouted at him, grabbing him by the scruff of his cloak, "Where the fuck have you been!?" She demanded. Lok gulped, "Vloz'ress." he said pointing to the mask sitting on his head. "What are you doing here then?" his sister said, pulling her brother close, "... Eating spider legs at the carnival?" he said, holding up his meal as evidence of this. Lok's empathy picked something up and he looked down at Zan'nah's stomach before looking back up at her, "You're pregnant?" he asked, surprised that Zan'nah had decided to take a male as a mate.

Zan'nah's face went from that of confusion to that of shock. Her glasses slipped down her nose as she let go of her brother. "I'm... what?" "Pregnant." Lok said again. Lok turned to Vicyl, "This is my adopted sister Zan'nah, she's Sarghress...." he turned back to Zan'nah to introduce her to Vicyl, but he didn't seem to be listening. Her hands were on her head and she looked like she was a million miles away. "Ah, fuck... you didn't know...." Lok muttered, realization hitting him like a hammer blow.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Catriana » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:37 am

"Uh...hi." Vicyl nodded in Zan'nah's direction, although inwardly he wondered what in Sharess's name was wrong with Lok that he'd blurt out something so private in such a public setting. What was it with drow and airing their dirty laundry for all to see?

"And uh, congratulations, I guess." Judging by her reaction it probably wasn't as joyus of an occasion as it had been for Lok a moment ago. He was so stunned he didn't even care about the fact that Lok's sister was Sarghress.
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay