Midnight Carnival (Open)

Midnight Carnival (Open)

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 am

((Some ground rules for this thread:
There is no posting order, you post when you have time, but do try to leave some room for other people, it's common courtesy.
If you're new to the Relic Hunter RP, there's a Skype chat where we hang out, contact me on Skype and I'll add you to the chat, this way we can coordinate our posts a bit; makes things go a hell of a lot smoother too. My Skype tag is N008ITH
So let's get the ball rollin' on the Midnight Carnival then, shall we? :D))

The carnival festivities had been going on for half a moon turn now, and showed no signs of slowing down or stopping. Children played in the streets, performers practiced their art for onlookers, treats were sold, and for the most part, there was peace. An uneasy peace hung over the district, though a Kyorl patrol or two made their way through the streets on occasion, causing any tainted nearby to hide until they passed.

A robed figure made it's way through the streets, clearly a Vloz'ress. They were given a wide birth on the streets for the most part. The red glow of tainted eyes was all that could be seen under their hood, they stopped in front of a stall, looking over some exotic fruits being sold by an Illhar'dro merchant.

A gauntleted hand reached out and picked up an orange, pulling it into the mask, there was a tearing sound as the peel was bitten into along with the fruit itself. "That will be 8 crescents." the merchant said, unwilling to be to give up a sale. The Vloz'ress reached into their belt and pulled out a coin purse, producing an ada and placing it on the counter and grabbing a few more oranges and walking off.

The hooded Vloz'ress continued to consume the unpeeled oranges as they walked through the streets, looking around to see who was about.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Midnight Carnival (Open)

Postby Khora2150 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:12 am

Talab'nolu was not usually one for festive gatherings, but the happiness of the drow at this festival was a rarity he had to see. Is this really what our race could be? Peace, joy and freedom from life's missteps?

Spying a small flock of Kyrol soldiers were patroling the grounds, not too far from a hooded Vloz'ress buying fruit. Reaching out with his mind, Tal attempted to calm the minds of the soldiers. Thankfully they passed by the Vloz without incident with a glazed over expression imprinted on their faces, and Talab'nolu let out a relieved sigh, grateful he could enjoy the peaceful atmosphere at least a little longer.

Approaching the hooded stranger, Tal reached out with his mind to mentaly prod the drow as he drew close. "A strange place for Vloz to be, some folk here are not usually very accepting of your people." Tal commented in a cassual tone.
Verthandi - Nidraa'chal Agent
Akor'rak - Tei'kaliath Scout
Malag'nafein - Karoth'akh Illhar
Khora2150
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 am

The Vloz'ress turned to look at the bald male. "Eh, not my fault if people aren't to fond of my kind." came a female voice from the hood. She pulled her hood back a bit to reveal her eyes, those of a Vel'akar. "Hope you don't mind my kind too much either," The woman had short white hair that fell to just below her ears, but her skin marked her a Dark Elf, her wicked grin revealed elongated k9s, "You smell like a Sarghress, I know someone who smells like you, but you're not quite the same." She took a step towards the shorter bald male.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Khora2150 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:06 am

His chest felt like a block of ice when Tal caught sight of those two red orbs, revealing that she was a demon. Masking his fear, Talab'nolu bowed respectfully to the female. "Might I have the privilege of knowing your name? It is a rare day indeed to find a Vel'akar walking the streets of Chel."
Khora2150
Demon

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 am

"Kiva." she said as she continued to grin, "Least that's what they call me." Kiva looked the male up and down before continuing, "Where's your hair?" she asked after a moment, "Most drowlings I see have hair, the only ones without it are normally slaves, but you don't look like a slave... so how come you don't have hair?" she took a bite of one of the oranges, again, failing to remove the peal, though this didn't seem to bother her.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby SoulCode » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:26 am

"....You're Fukin Kidding me right?" The scarred Halm said to the younger one. Down the street they sat with the other rejects in the ruins rumbble. The younger halm was still just a lad, a pair of torn padded boots and cloth clothing his only armor. A long point piece of scrap metal was his weapon, cloth wrapped on the bottom as a 'handle'. Chrono was a bit better off, but not by much. A few metal armor pieces that where at the end of their effective days. He did have a decent sword, if you'd call a slab of metal sharped, a sword.

Sheen nooded his black-haired head at Chrono, "Jah MissDrow say we killl demon 'fore it 'plode." Chrono facepalmed with his metal gunlet. "That thing has already exploded you knit-wit. The white-skins would have trouble with this one! We're not fighting that."
Sheen frowned, "But we gotta, we Meat. Why, Sarg u chicken?"
Chrono smacked the kid upside the head,
"You Human or Orc? Cause ya got their brains. There's bravery and there's stupidity"
Sheen huffed but then looked confused,
"there diffrance?"
Chrono was caught with his mouth open a bit before looking back to the Mega-Demon's Mega-Red Eyes
"Eh" he shook his hand, "It's a grey area."
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Khora2150 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:38 am

"I am known as Talab'nolu, and I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

Faintly touching the mind of the demon, he felt no immediate hostility from her, and relaxed about a hairsbreadth.

Smiling at the demon in earnest, he continued. "And as for my lack of hair... I confess, I was once a servant in a Beldrobbaen compound for a time. The look grew on me so to speak."
Khora2150
Demon

Postby SoulCode » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:02 am

Chrono 6...or was it 8th? sense went off.
"Look sharp kid...You might miss sumthing if ya blink."
Sheen was at full attention as they watched the two drow
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:13 am

Kiva's grin widened even further, her mouth spreading farther then a normal person's should be able to. "Tal-ab-no-lu..." she said, as if tasting the name. "At the carnival all by yourself then?" she asked, practically leering at the man.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Khora2150 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:30 am

Slightly unnerved by the unnatural smile on the demons face, Talab'nolu spoke hesitantly.

"Indeed I am Kiva, though I confess a certain curiosity to your visit here. Please do not take offense at this, but I cannot recall the last time I had met one of your kind in friendly circumstances."
Khora2150
Demon

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:36 am

"Not actually supposed to be here," Kiva said, giggling manically. "Left a present for my babysitter then snuck out, never been outside the fortress before, actually." "I figure I have a bit longer before one of them comes looking for me... would you maybe care to show me around, Talab'nolu?" she asked, a gleam in her eyes.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Catriana » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:58 am

"This is ridiculous." Vicyl muttered under his breath, pulling his hood down low as his red eyes scanned the crowd. "All of Chel'el'ssuloth is here and we're supposed to find one wayward vel'akar." The ssu glanced over at his partner. At least he had an empath, even if the man was a nutcase. Then again, who wasn't a nutter in the Vloz'ress? "Tell me you sense something in this...throng of bodies." He'd rather be back in his room. Crowds bothered him more than he'd like to admit. Not enough exits, too many ways to get shanked.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:11 am

"I sense a whole lot of stuff, Vicyl." Lok answered, "I got bunch of people that are happy, some that are relaxed, a good few that are drunk, and more then a few that are horny, but I haven't felt Kiva yet... frankly I'm not in a hurry to find her, I get more then enough of her back home..." Lok thought back to the way Kiva seemed to follow him around, wearing her skimpy outfits, tormenting him with those fatsacks of evil..... he pushed the thought away. "Really though, if she's here, it means she's at the carnival for fun... granted her idea of fun is lethal at times.... I forget where I was going with that..."

'YoU wErE pRoBaBlY gOiNg To MeNtIoN gOiNG To Do FrIvIlOuS cArNiVaL tHiNgS iNsTeAd Of LoOkInG fOr ThE vEl'AkAr Or SoMeThInG...' a voice said from beside him. Lok looked down at the stag-wolf beside him for a minute, "Could always slack off a bit, when's the next time we'll be at a carnival anyway?" he asked, turning to look at the ssu scourge.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Gojinki » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:22 am

The festival did go on, carts and booths selling sweets, foods and all manner of souvenir type items. Crowds gathered about various open street performances and planned events, shocks of joy end excitement flowing through them in waves. one such crowd did gather around some event that involved lively music. those at the back could probably only see the top portion of what would look like a tall round cage, but not the contents. in the inner circle the viewers did cheer and shout! tossing whatever spare currency they were carrying onto the ground in front of the cage as a small figure did sway, writhe, and twist to the lively tempo... wearing little more than a revealing outfit.

Yes Mek'kel was out of money again... being in a cage did give him some comfort to preform for the still growing crowd as any barrier between him and the masses gave him some confidence. He was promised a sizable cut from the earnings and intended to earn every crescent.

"..." thank the fates that his squad mates were not around... Mek'kel did not relish the thought of them finding out how he made ends meet when out of funds.
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Catriana » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 am

Said ssu scourge gave Lok a disapproving look before facing the crowds again. "We'll waste time regardless." Which was his way of agreeing to slacking off. Not that he wanted to, but one of the disadvantages of being partnered with someone like Lok meant having to deal with the fact that certain things were inevitable. If he tried to force the half-blood to stay focused on the task, they'd get veered off somehow anyway.

And well, he could admit that he'd rather face the crowds than Kiva too.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Roleplay