Vengance (Open)

Re: Vengance (Open)

Postby Gojinki » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:44 am

Once more the small male went twisting through the air, slamming against the steel cage with a loud crash. he fell silently to the ground while his attacker came in for the "final strike" obviously unaware that the blade that had previously been put through Mek'kels hand was somehow missing. the murderer waited for his chance to strike and sever the main artery of his enemy's leg, but was interrupted by miss Reka's distraction and the mana shield. the trapper had already retreated from his original attack, in all likelihood saving his own life in the process.

"..."

Instead he could only throw the knife in after Malag while he was being consumed by shadows. Grabbing up his cleaver once more the tiny killer slowly started getting to his feet, an alarming pool of his own lifeblood collecting beneath himself. there was some darkening at the edges of his vision, but what remained usable of his body appeared to still be willing. Mek'kel began lumbering after the man who attacked him to begin with, his cleaver clicking against the bars of the slave cage one by one.
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby SoulCode » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:38 am

Some wonder why I am so quiet. The answer came bolting at me. Like an idiot my emotions got the best of me and gave away my position. Their bolts where certainly those of slavers, aimed for pain and suffering. Ironically one bounced off the collor they so eagerly put on me. The other scratched my cheek and took a few hair's with it.

I had no time to worry about poisons as I acted my part and fell to the rooftop.

URA!

I heard the familer shout which flooded me once more with emotion. Mostly relief but also caution. Both sides had reinforcements, the real battle began now. In my attire I had no desire to join. Yet...
Even in this confusion a question wanted to be answered more than the others,
Why buy me?

I had to find Mekk. I crawled to the other ledge and dropped down, my weapon choice a cross-bow with no ammo and a fist. I didn't know what I could do but I knew I'd try. As the battle echoed in the back-ground, the quiet clatter of something across bars lead my way.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 am

Macha cursed as the wolf riders charged in, taking mana bomb from her sash and tossing it at them, she turned to the Sarghress with the cleaver and frowned, "Grab Malag and let's get out of here," she said to the other two as the mana bomb went off, engulfing a few of the wolf riders in the blast. Macha smirked, "And if you see that fallen bitch, put her down, she didn't die when we shot at her, I would have felt it."

The two mercenaries ran over to Malag and started to drag him away, he may be the one in charge, but Macha scared them, they ignored his protests for them to kill the one with the cleaver and retreated back to Macha. Macha dug down into the Sarghress mind and attempted to force him to stop fighting and back off.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Khora2150 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:51 am

Catching sight of a flying mana bomb, Malag'nafein tensed untill he noted its intended target. The bomb exploded among the charging wolf riders, Laughing with relief he looked around for his saviour to feel two sets of arms grapple his own, half carrying and half dragging him back to where Macha was standing. His initial outrage at being grabbed was calmed by the drowlath he saw.

"Macha? You are a sight for sore eyes! Where did they come from?!" Yelling as he pointed with his head at the wolf riders, Malag observed that not all had been killed in the blast and would likely be upon them in moments. "I'm having second thoughts about my earlier plan, a tactical withdrawal is in order wouldn't you agree?"

Shrugging off the two thugs holding him, Malag'nafein stood and prepared to weave shadow to help in their escape if need be.
Verthandi - Nidraa'chal Agent
Akor'rak - Tei'kaliath Scout
Malag'nafein - Karoth'akh Illhar
Khora2150
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Alric » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Without breaking pace, the wedge of cavalry swept into the center of the square. Tur'geis was about to give a second warcry of his own when a deafening clamor rose from behind him, followed by what felt like the fist of a god, nearly knocking him from Bodark's saddle.

Bodark was quick enough to jump clear of the worst of the explosion, but Tur'geis could barely hold on to the reins. His head swam and he could feel blood running down his side. A glance to the side showed the Am'saag that two members of his wedge were dead or incapacitated by the explosion. Tur'geis reached to his side, feeling a piece of shrapnel sticking from his armor slick with blood. The squad was half strength and he was wounded. Adrenaline kept the pain away for now but Tur'geis knew that this would make fighting painful sooner rather than later.

Tur'geis set his jaw and charged in at the mercenaries attempting to retreat. He had to get them away from Mek'kel and Reka now while he had the initiative.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gojinki » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:39 am

Reaching into the mind of the Tei'kaliath would be a rather odd experience to say the least. There was no hatred, no fear, and even odder...no pain. His body was bashed, pierced and cut, but he didn't feel any of it. There was only one thing occupying that space and it wasn't even emotion, It was a calm pure and absolutely deafening killer intent. If one were to describe the feeling as a sound it would be a bit like a chittering inside of a cave, the echo reverberating into itself louder and louder until it caused a cave in.

Macha's coaxing helped to re-enforce the point that his target had been taken from him and that his body would stop working before he could kill the one who set the trap. The killer intent started to fade and the empath would be a very lucky sort indeed to be reaching in to experience the change. Like a candle burning out the murderer faded, and like an ada sliver being turned over the new side appeared. Death and rebirth packed into a single moment in time. Now what came rushing in like a torrent of water was pure blinding pain. Mek'kel's eyes shot to pinholes as all at once he was wracked with intense agony. As if his skin were ripped off in all directions and somebody shattered his bones before dropping his body in acid and salt. The small male crumpled to the floor stunned by the event. With further dimming vision he could only ask himself "...am I going to die?" the sounds of the fight were getting further away now along with his vision as his body burned with sensation.
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Postby SoulCode » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:16 am

"...am I going to die?"

"No." I said with a soft whisper.

The meek one was back. The Souless was gone, both Souless where gone. He squirmed with pain, almost sickeningly so. I flicked his forehead, a tiny pain not comparable to the wounds but enough to bring some focus.
"Up, Master."
Shoulder over neck and steady hand at waist I brought him up full knowing that with Tur'gies near we could take a breath.... Hoping at any rate.

Another day....
here in Chel.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:15 am

Macha grinned, "Yes this is the perfect chance to turn and run, you're too wounded to keep fighting anyway." She turned towards the Sarghress milling about, "We'll get another shot at them, for now let's just get out of here." she motioned for her grunts to cover their retreat as they went back into the alley. "Jhael'vayas is alive but unconscious... we'll have to circle around to get to him." she said, feeling the other former beld's aura with her empathy. She signaled for two more to go and round him up before moving back into the alley.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Khora2150 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:41 am

"Fine we can do this your way, but your boys may need to carry me." Staring straight at the charging sarghress warrior, Malag'nafein opened the floodgates to his mana reserves and threw forth a great cloud of impenetrable darkness.

Immediately the drain caused the shadow sorcerer to slump, hardly feeling his soldiers get hold of his arms and drag him back for a hasty retreat. Brandishing spears, the remaining new hirelings waited for the mounted sarghress just on the border of the cloud, looking to each other nervously as they braced for the inevitable impact.
Khora2150
Demon

Postby Alric » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:02 am

Suddenly, Tur'geis' vision darkened rapidly to the point he couldn't see Bodark beneath him. Shadow sorcery! With an oath Tur'geis pulled Bodark to the left, but still continued on. "To the left!" he called. Stopping was exactly what an opponent would be expecting him to do. Once the darkness was gone, he'd be a sitting duck for archers. Heading directly onwards was nearly as suicidal, as anyone with tactical knowledge would set up a trap for them.

The spearmen awaited the wolves at the edge of the dark cloud, spears ready to swiftly impale the cavalry as they broke through the cloud. At that range no one could stop in time. They could all hear the panting of the wolves and the padding of their feet, coming closer and closer. But no wolves passed through the cloud in front of them. One of the spearmen heard the sounds move to his right and quickly figured out what the Wolf Fangs' strategy was. He called for his comrades to wheel about, but it was too late for them to do so and maintain formation.

Tur'geis and the other Wolf Fangs broke through the cloud at the right of the mercenaries, quickly wheeling about to catch them on the flank. With a flash of steel, Tur'geis' bisentou clove one of the spearmen in twain while Bodark's jaws crushed the neck of another. Within moments the mercenary spearmen lay broken and dead on the blood soaked earth.

With a roar Tur'geis thrust his bloody polearm into the air. "Look here, Volko'laka! I am Tur'geis Am'saag! These bloody drow are my gift to you!" growled the Am'saag, his weapon lifted in honor of his tribe's sanguine patron deity. By that time however, Malag and the rest had escaped. Tur'geis looked behind him, seeing his wounded friends Reka and Mek'kel. He quickly spurred Bodark to head over to them. "Are you two okay? Let's get out of here before anyone else shows up," Tur'geis grunted, dismounting to help Reka carry Mek'kel and to tend to their wounds. He swore as he noticed that Mek'kel was barely conscious.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:26 am

Macha nodded and ordered two of the mercs to fetch Jhael, she supported Malag herself as they made their way down the alley, feeling the mercs that stayed to fight the mounted Sarghress die. "So hard to find good help these days...." she muttered as she led Malag down towards the undercity entrance to the villa.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Gojinki » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:42 am

the clouds and cobwebs stirred and drifted in the battered raiders head. His body felt heavy and unresponsive even with the support, but at least his spirit was lifted ad seeing his comrades doing alright "heh... I'm saved yet again... I really need to stop going to auctions... they can get so violent." his words were a little quiet and floaty, as if any moment he could pass out, but his eyes remained opened. the pink colour was clouded, but the eyes didn't close yet.

He would need the attention of a healer and likely a good amount of bed rest, but his goal was achieved for the day. he had visited the auctions and had an exciting time. "...take me home please... I think I have had enough..." the fatigued Tei'kaliath sighed before the eyes finally closed fully.
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Postby Khora2150 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:37 am

As they entered the villa, Malag'nafein collapsed on the ground. Laughing inspite of his injuries he looked up at Macha, the remaining new hires dragging in a limping Jhael'vayas behind them.

"We all got out it seems boss! Nhilar disguised himself as a sarg wolf rider and skulked off t'ward here last I saw, should be back soon."

A releived smile took over Malag's face as he heard the news, pulling himself into a sitting possition against the wall. Looking down he noted some of the wounds the younger beserker gave him were much deeper than he thought, and the light headed feeling started to return as the rest of the adrenaline wore off.

"Well that got a little more out of hand than I would have liked but at least we got out okay, I owe you one Macha. Shame about the new hires... they did good for what I payed them for."

Coughing, the mercinary leader shakingly stood up, leaning against the wall heavily. Pointing at Jhael'vayas he declared "Go and get Rabixtrel and tell him to set up a double watch, I want to know if the Sargs followed us or not. Then rest up, if we are to ever get another attempt on those Sarghress mother-killers we need to be in good shape."

"Some healing would be most welcome too my dear." Grinning at Macha with his last words before sliding down the wall once more, passed out from the over-exertion of mana and his wounds.
Khora2150
Demon

Postby SoulCode » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:39 am

It was a rushful venture on Tur's behalf. I did not see the warrior so easily sitting down to do the paperwork on this mess. The aftermath could wait for a time however, for at Mek's oh so humble home we (Tur'geis and I) helped Mek lye down.

"Tur, Healer." was all I said to him, my questions on hold for a time for the situation was still what one would call dire. Making the slave garment a two-piece I ripped the mid-section to make for rapid bandages.
I as usual did not waste time with words and put my first aid to use on Mek.
It was odd putting bandages on someone else for a change.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:09 pm

As he raised his arms to place Mek'kel up on the wolf, a stinging pain in Tur'geis' side reminded him that he had been wounded too. Tur'geis reached down to his side, feeling the blood-slick crystal shard that had pierced his armor under his arm. He knew better than to remove it, fearing rupturing an artery. The surviving Wolf Fangs saw their leader wounded, but Tur'geis waved them off for now. They had to leave now. Tur'geis quickly mounted up on Bodark, pulling Reka up on the saddle in front of him. The other Wolf Fangs collected the bodies and gear of their fallen brethren for transport back home. "Come on, you dogs! Let's ride!" he bellowed, spurring Bodark into motion as they rode back into Sarghress territory.

The Wolf Fangs rode as quickly as they could to Mek'kel's house, helping Tur'geis and Reka get the wounded warrior onto a shrouded table. ”Get a healer!” Tur'geis barked to his subordinates, who quickly departed to fetch someone more suited for permanent healing. As his warriors left, Tur'geis sank down to the floor against the wall. He was able to function even with his injury but the pain was maddening. ”Reka...Gotta patch myself up.” he grunted, moving to unbuckle his armor and grabbing some of his own bandages. He gingerly grasped the chunk of crystal, quickly yanking it out and slapping a spider silk bandage over it, pressing it down hard and tying it close to stop any bleeding.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay