A Fine Evening (Private)

A Fine Evening (Private)

Postby Alric » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:15 am

((Time: 1098 Moonless Age, after the Rivers of Mist adventure))

Tur'geis dismounted his wolf and hitched it to the post out in front of the bar & restaurant. Places like these were new in Chel, as well as to Tur'geis' knowledge. Going in to some place other than an inn and expecting to exchange prepared food for pay was a concept alien to Tur'geis, but he had heard that they were great places for a date or a good meal. Failing that, it'd be a great place for a cheap drink or two. Tur'geis looked over at the prices of the menu out in front. Just what he had heard; this place wouldn't be too expensive. Tur'geis didn't like paying too much for these sort of things.

In the meantime, Tur'geis smoothed out his clothes, pressing out any wrinkles that might have been made by the ride there. A brown cloak covered Tur'geis' long-sleeved grey tunic and blue and green patterned trousers. Tur'geis had taken the opportunity to wear a gold torc for this occasion.

Riz'riia had agreed to meet him there for the date. As usual Tur'geis had gotten there in no hurry, he had things to attend to before then after all. The Am'saag looked about, seeing if Riz'riia was just arriving.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Re: A Fine Evening (Private)

Postby Catriana » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:37 am

Riz'riia had only arrived a few minutes prior, brows furrowed and full, painted lips tilted down in a frown as she rubbed her bare arms. Umber robes wrapped around her frame snugly, the gold in her sash almost shimmering in the mana-infused lights. Cold amber eyes scanned over the area, briefly glancing at the menu before moving back toward the crowds. She felt a little overdressed for the occasion, but she had little else in way of fancy garments. Going in armor or her typical turtleneck and pants ensemble felt much too impersonal for a date.

Date. The word and its implications made her shudder, for the only reason she had agreed to come out tonight was to rid herself of whatever malady had befallen her ever since allowing Tur'geis to get under her skin. This mating ritual was little more than pomp and fanfare before the main event, which in the end was all she was here for. Once she finally slept with the powerful male, all fascination would cease. The mystery would be over, fantasies and guilty pleasures sated. Then she could get back to her books and go back to ignoring him unless on a mission. With any luck, he would also become similarly disinterested and all her problems would cease.

The familiar sight of a Sarghress wolf prompted her to venture over, and she ignored the way her stomach fluttered at the sight of Tur'geis outside of his armor. A little less imposing, but not in the least bit unattractive. He cleaned up nice, she could admit that much. She continued to close the distance, her boots making nary a sound. With one hand she tucked strands of curled hair behind her ear, unused to having her hair flowing freely from the confines of the bun she wore. Her robes were loose enough to give her legs ample room to move, revealing tight amber leggings underneath. Her smile appeared genuine enough as she neared enough to greet him.

"Good evening," she said.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:56 am

Tur'geis didn't have to wait long to see Riz'riia arrive. The Am'saag's icy blue eyes looked her over approvingly. She certainly had taken the time to dress nicely for the occasion. Tur'geis admitted to himself once more that Riz'riia was a very attractive lady. She should get out of that turtleneck and trousers more often... The Am'saag noticed that Riz'riia was subtly looking over him in much the same way. I should dress up more often.

"Glad you could make it. This place isn't my usual style but I heard it was worth a try," spoke Tur'geis nonchalantly before stepping into the establishment. The restaurant was quite fancy inside, with freshly dressed walls and colorful lighting on the ceiling and walls. Tur'geis looked about the place, wondering if the food would be worth the cost.

A waitress directed the two to an empty table with two chairs. Tur'geis took a seat and listened to the waitress explain what they were serving this night. Good thing he wasn't a picky eater. A youth spent out in the wilds left one with an appreciation for anything edible. The waitress then left the two alone for the moment.

"Crazy what you civilized folk will think of next. No offense," chuckled Tur'geis to Riz'riia. "Cooking you dinner in exchange for a fair sum of money. Back home I could have gotten some good meat for the cost of an arrow or two." Typical city folk, they had more money than they knew what to do with. At least it provided Tur'geis with a few good distractions when in town. Maybe there'd be time for something of that matter after dinner. There had to be someplace where they could walk around and see the local sights of Sha'shi.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Catriana » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:00 am

((Oh wow I had no idea it had been almost 4 days since your reply. If I take longer than 2 days to reply feel free to poke me next time. I've been sick since Sunday, but I still could have posted))

Her eyes took in the scenery as they were drawn to their table. Nice, posh, bit of a full house as well. "He thinks I'm civilized. How sweet." Riz'riia joked, a small smile curling her lips. Oh, if only he knew. "My life before the Sarghress was hardly civilized." She said the words lightly, but the look she gave as she leaned back to take a drink of water suggested she would not shed too much light on the subject. "Although I suppose I've become used to the pampered life of being part of a clan."

The waitress returned, and Riz'riia ordered a simple meal with mushroom beer for drink. She would need a bit of liquid courage to relax.
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:30 am

The waitress came by and took their drink and food orders. Tur'geis took the haledri steak with a side of bread and algae salad as his dinner order. He had to get his protein in, after all. Tur'geis had ordered a stiff drink for himself as well. Might as well get a bit of extra liquid courage in.

"Hell! You and me both," responded the Am'saag. "Maybe we aren't so different after all," drawled Tur'geis as he handed his menu over to the waitress. The waitress then retreated back to the kitchen, leaving the two alone for the moment. It was rather hard to imagine someone having a much rougher time than he had, fighting for his life in tribal warfare back home.

"Hardly civilized? Where did you grow up again?", teased Tur'geis. All this was rather unexpected to Tur'geis. She had told him that Riz'riia had been part of a now-dead minor clan before joining the Sarghress. It clearly didn't sound as bad as Tur'geis' upbringing in the wilds., depending on how "bad" you considered things. At least Tur'geis had a family who mostly cared for him...

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Catriana » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:49 am

"I don't remember." Which was mostly true. She had no idea of her life prior to awakening that fateful day decades ago. "Although prior to the Sarghress I was not in the most...ideal of situations. But now I am here, and there the story ends." Her warm smile did not match the coldness in her amber gaze. "And we are quite different. Otherwise, we would not be here, as we'd both be perfectly content to avoid each other for the pleasurable company of a good book or artifact. That we are polar opposites is more of a benefit in this case. Ah," she picked up her tankard of beer as it arrived and raised it in a small toast to him. "And now the liquid courage arrives." She said and took a drink.
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 am

"Fair enough then," replied the Am'saag as he took his beer from the waitress, taking a sip as the waitress departed. "I take you along to a nice dinner and you're already longing for the safety of a library? For shame," chuckled Tur'geis, chiding Riz'riia jokingly. He'd already figured that Riz'riia truly did remember nothing of her past life. It made conversation awkward at times, admittedly.

"Polar opposites...I can't say I never asked for a challenge," continued the Am'saag with a small chuckle. Tur'geis thought that this place would be sufficient to get Riz'riia to open up a bit. Perhaps taking her to a library or bookseller after dinner would prove to be a good move? "I say we take a little detour to a library after dinner," he added, carefully gauging Riz'riia's reaction.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Catriana » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:24 am

"There are many things a book can satisfy that people cannot," she said, smiling as she took another drink. "And then there are things only another person can do to satisfy me." Blatant flirting on her part, but she had come with ulterior motives, no sense in dodging. Riz laughed at Tur'geis's comment about their...whatever it was being a challenge. He certainly was a tenacious fellow, and for some reason instead of being annoyed she found herself intrigued.

"There are books I have reserved at the library." She admitted. "And if there's time, I would not mind going. But for the moment, I have other things on my mind."
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:27 am

Tur'geis casually smiled at Riz'riia's obvious come-on. "You get down to business quick, don't you?" he drawled before taking another draft of his beer. "Now what did I say about challenges?" deadpanned the Am'saag. This was proving to be rather fun. Part of him wondered if she really was genuine about that. It definitely was in the realm of possibility.

The Am'saag could guess what other activities Riz'riia had in mind, but now was not the best time to bring them up. Or was it? "What sort of things did you have in mind?" Tur'geis asked calmly.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Catriana » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:08 am

Riz'riia laughed again, leaning back as their food arrived and their dishes were placed in front of them. "The challenge will be in whether or not you can keep up with me." She said with a wicked smile as she began to cut into her meat. She had ordered almost the same thing as Tur'geis. "As for what I things I had in mind...." she took a bite, her brow raising. "If you have to ask, I'm not doing a good enough job with my innuendos."
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:35 am

Tur'geis kept his gaze matched with Riz'riia's eyes as their food arrived. "Then consider that challenge accepted!," grunted the Am'saag before he began to eat. The food really wasn't bad at all. Quite good, even. Riz'riia's frank admission made Tur'geis feel as if the room got several degrees warmer. "I think that much was clear. I was just wondering what sort of person you were in private," stated Tur'geis boldly. Truth be told, Riz'riia was acting more brazenly than Tur'geis had first expected. Not that he was complaining, mind you.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Catriana » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:01 pm

"You will have to find that out in private." She said, motioning to the waitress for another beer. Riz would have to stop after this, or she'd be too drunk to achieve her goal. "It's not any fun if you already know what to expect."
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:56 am

Tur'geis just raised an eyebrow at Riz'riia's words. He'd find out sooner or later. Tur'geis took a long draft of his beer to wash down the past few bites of food. The waitress could get another one for him. Tur'geis found it rather entertaining letting his mind wander on what exactly Riz'riia had in mind. "Likewise. I can be full of surprises myself. But you do know what to expect, don't you?" stated Tur'geis quietly, his voice a low growl. A little surprise every now and then wasn't a bad thing.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Catriana » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 am

"Perhaps." Riz merely rolled her shoulder in a shrug and continued eating. Playing coy with him seemed a lot more fun than being frank and forthright as she normally would be with others. Years had passed since her last lover, which had been a brief romp in some corner of the Sarghress compound with a man whose name she could no longer recall. "Are you enjoying the meal?"
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 am

Riz'riia was being rather evasive in her answers. All the better, usually people who had something to hide were more fun to pursue. Tur'geis saw nothing wrong with him being a bit aloof on the first few dates. "It's good. Doesn't make me regret coming all the way here," grunted Tur'geis, shooting Riz'riia a smile. Tur'geis took another bite before continuing to speak. "I see you got something very similar. How is it?" he said.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Roleplay