Harlequins and Entertainers (Private)

Re: Harlequins and Entertainers (Private)

Postby Aerisa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:41 am

"This is what the Therra'lym have to offer as warriors?!" she demanded of them, "You should not discount someone just because they're "beneath notice"!" she turned as another of them charged her, she repositioned herself and grabbed her arm, pulling her and slamming her down.

"You're slow, you're clumsy, you advertise your attacks steps ahead before you strike," she turned in time to kick another warrior in the jaw, "And you're loud!" the warrior fell to the ground with a crunch. "I'm honestly amazed you have lasted so long with such weak warriors, you are a disgrace!"

"I couldn't agree more. Perhaps you would like a better sparring partner, Lady Grey?" Anu'nanki smirked as he leaned against the frame of the door to the training room, an exhausted and beat up soldier standing beside him.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tsuris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:18 am

Grey turned to see the Dokkalfar standing in the doorway. She started, she hadn't seen much of him in a long time. "....Lord Anu'nanki." she said after a moment, looking over at him warily. ".... you wish to spar with me then?" she asked.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:19 am

"....Lord Anu'nanki." she said after a moment, looking over at him warily. ".... you wish to spar with me then?"

"Just... wait a minute!" One of the woman Grey had thrown to the ground started getting up, painfully. "You can't be serious! She attacked us! Insulted your entire house! She needs to be..." A single glance from Anu'nanki was enough to silence her.

"She nothing. I have seen your attempt to attack her. It was pathetic, I could have understood if it had been a grunt, but a SQUAD LEADER?" The woman gritted her teeth. "Your soldier came to ask me for help, it is done. Now, be off."

The squad leader stormed out of the room, quickly followed by her men. Anu'nanki waved at them before turning back to Grey.

"My apologizes for the delay. And to answer your question, that depends entirely on you. My fighting is rather rusted, but I do believe I would offer a better challenge than any of these spoiled children. Beside, wouldn't it be much more calming for you to hit a true Therra'lym?" He smiled warmly.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:04 am

The Vanir frowned, "Fighting isn't calming me down, it's helping me vent." she said, "I've had a.... a long past couple of days." she thought about what Bery had said about Anu'nanki, about how she'd unknowingly crushed his hopes. She sighed, "You do not need to spar with me my Lord... we could have tea if you'd prefer." she said, rubbing her arm with her golem hand, a nervous habit of hers.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:39 am

The Vanir frowned, "Fighting isn't calming me down, it's helping me vent." she said, "I've had a.... a long past couple of days." She sighed, "You do not need to spar with me my Lord... we could have tea if you'd prefer."

The man stared at Grey for a few moments. "If that is what you would prefer. Thought I should tell you... I know what plan my grand daughter got you into."

Grey raised her eyebrows in surprise, "You do? I thought no one else knew about that...." she wondered how he'd taken the news that she'd be trained as a slave.

He gave her a small, sad smile, sitting on a table near the door of the room. "That is correct... being the Patriarch of a subhouse and advisor to the Clan's Illhar makes one privy to quite a few secrets, however. For good and ill."

"I see..." she thought for a moment, "If I may be so bold as to ask... how did you advice the Illhar for the plan to have me pose as a slave?"

"I opposed..." The dark elf sighed, shaking his head. "My girls knew I would oppose, so they hid the whole plan from me for as long as they could. By the time I learned, you had agreed. There was nothing I could do."

She frowned, "Why did you oppose?"

"Ah, I..." The man blushed a little, turning his head away slightly and moving his gaze toward one of the window . "Does it really matters? Even if I give the best reasons I the world... everyone will ignore them in favor of the one they all know, but that I cannot say..."

Grey sighed, "I see...." She walked up to the dark elf, looking up at him, "This is something I want to do my Lord, I have remained at home feeling useless for too long... I want to help. Even if it means swallowing my pride and wearing a collar."

"I understand..." He sighed before getting up, walking to the door. "It will probably be useless for me to say this, but if you ever need to vent, feel free to come to see me. My offer for companionship, unwelcome as it might be, still stands."

"As does my offer for tea, my lord." she said, smiling at him.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Grey and the dark elf sat at a table at one of the Koca’lealt's cafes, many of the other patrons staring at them. Arkaya nervously took their orders, it was her first day on the job and her first customers were a Light elf and a Dark elf of all things. "C-can I take your orders?" she asked, standing next to the table. Grey nodded, "Vanirian tea please," she said.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Anu'nanki looked around as he entered the Koca’lealt's cafes with Grey. Despite the fact they had been the first of the Farro houses to ally with the Therra'lym and that he had met their De'vess soon after having joined, it was the first time he actually saw one of the establishment they were famous for. A small, unknown scent floated in the air. "Coffee", if he remembered well. A Koca’lealt speciality, like a weaker version of chocolate, that had been gaining in popularity recently thanks to the Chocolate shortage brought on by the war.

He followed Grey to one of the cafe's many table. The chairs were comfortable, the table rather small. If it hadn't been for the many gazes coming their way, he might have suggested going to the other side of the place. The gigantic, colorful pillow covering the floor there looked extremely inviting. A waitress walked to them, looking extremely nervous.

"C-can I take your orders?"

Grey nodded, "Vanirian tea please,"

He smiled before giving a quick glance at the menu. He would have been tempted to try this 'coffee' thing, but quickly decided that now probably wasn't the best time for that... "Hmm, I believe I will try your Fruital Infusion, if you do not mind, my dear." He smiled to the young girl before turning to Grey. "Their selection is definitely impressive! Sati’vairi had told me the house had a few links with the surface, but I did not expect them to be able to acquire such a variety of good without Nal'sarkorth help."

((OOC Note: Sati’vairi is the Koca'lealt's Devess. Relations between the Habenir'Farro and Nal'sarkorth have been strained since the Therra'lym defected to join the Farro, so trades are currently limited.))
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Arkaya wrote down the orders and looked back up at them, "Anything else for you today?" she asked, Grey shook her head, "Just tea for now, thank you." Arkaya nodded and gave a bow before hurrying off to fetch their orders.

Grey suddenly found herself at a loss for words as to what to talk about with the dark elf. "...How... uh, how have you been doing?" she asked, feeling silly.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:33 am

"...How... uh, how have you been doing?"

He gave her a sympathetic smile. "Rather busy I must say. With the civil war the clan is on high alert, which mean we must prepare for every possibilities: Attacks by one or many warring clan, stray demons coming upon our fortress, victory by one faction or the other... even for abandoning Chel, if it comes to it. It's a never ending task... as soon as a plan is complete, five others need to be revised based on new data."

"I admit, I've not been following the progress of the war much, I hear about battles sometimes but no one really keeps me up to speed for the most part." Grey shrugged, "I guess I just don't really feel like it's my fight for the most part...."

"Most of the clan's members feel that way. If we're lucky they'll continue to feel that way... it's better than the alternative." He looked at the counter. Their tea didn't seem to be ready yet... or the waitress was delaying their order on purpose. Both were equaly possible. "If I may, how long have you been down here, in the underworld?"

Grey thought for a moment, "I think... maybe 30 years now?" she shrugged, "Long enough that I've forgotten what the daystar feels like against my skin." she said with a sigh. Arkaya came back with a tray carrying the orders, setting the tea down in front of Grey and the other in front of the dark elf. "I'm sorry about the wait, we're rather busy today." she said, giving an apologetic bow.

"Thank you my dear." He smiled before taking a small sip of his tea, letting the surprisingly bold taste of fruit infusing it fill his taste buds. "Ah, truly delicious... You don't seem to miss it much, though." He said as he turned back his attention to Grey.

"Oh I miss it a great deal my lord, I'm just forbidden to go back." she sighed, taking a sip of her tea, the waitress bowing again and moving off to attend more customers. "I was banished from my home and sought refuge from the ones hunting me in the underworld."

"Please, call me A'nan." The patriarch seemed to ponder what to say next. "From one predator to another... hopefully you will have more luck than I did when I was in this situation."

"I'm happy where I am A'nan, and it's good to be giving back by helping the clan." she smiled, "I have a daughter, I have a home and I have friends."

"Lucky girl... So what are your plans then? Surely you don't intend to hide your presence forever?"

"Plans.... well for now I'd like to get through this training with Minerva without killing her." she smiled an almost apologetic smile, "And then I'll do what the Illhar asks of me with Beryla'zuli. I'm a weapon I always have been, this is nothing new to me." she took a sip of her tea, "... I sort of doubt I'm still being hunted by the people who exiled me... they probably think I was killed or enslaved."

Anu'nanki drank some of his tea as he listened to her talk. "Well, I can't speak for your pursuesr, but I wish you luck with your training. If you ever wish to cool down, you can find me here." He took one of the napkin from the table, using sorcery to draw a little map with the location of an hidden door. "Better to have a spar with me than to end up with Atha'lia AND Kra'stynoth on your back, I say."

Grey smiled and nodded, "I will come and visit you then A'nan," she said. She took another sip of her tea "I certainly wouldn't want Kra'stynoth coming after me either."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Roleplay