Old Beginnings, New Endings (Closed)

Re: Old Beginnings, New Endings (Please ask for Invite)

Postby Tsuris » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:18 am

Lok nodded at Sa'shana and ducked inside, "She's back, looks like she brought a friend, one of the refugees from the look of her." Lok informed the others.

"A refugee?" Zan'nah asked, Lok nodded, "Yeah, she was with Sa'shana when I was here earlier."

"Why were you here earlier, Lok?" Zan'nah questioned, Lok nodded, "Stopped by when I was looking for someone who know the Habenir'Farro" he explained.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:14 am

With an irked look, Tur'geis stashed his naginata under the bed with the armor. It'd be impossible to conceal the large weapon, so Tur'geis would be forced to rely on his trusty sword.

"And who would that be?" asked Find'choem in response to Tsuris'lok. She was somewhat skeptical of the scourge's motives, though curious if he was telling the truth. Any information about the Habenir'farro would come in handy.

Tur'geis stepped out to the front door to see who Sa'shana brought back. "Hey, who's the new face?" Tur'geis inquired. He was fairly sure Sa'shana's contacts were trustworthy, but the more people got involved... "Alright, let's see those clothes you got. They better not make me consider going there in full armor, repercussions be damned," he grunted, the last an aside to both Sa'shana and Zan'nah. He didn't think it likely for them to have male's clothing and footwear in his size just lying around.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Aerisa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 pm

Sa'shana looked at Arkaya, silently encouraging her to follow her in the house before walking there.

"Why were you here earlier, Lok?" Zan'nah questioned, Lok nodded, "Stopped by when I was looking for someone who know the Habenir'Farro" he explained.

"And who would that be?"

"Me. I was a companion of Taï'gael, Heir of Habenir'Farro, during her time at Orthor'bbae. We parted way when I had my accident." She said, pointing to her red eyes.

"Hey, who's the new face?"

"I believe she is one of the regular at the Habenir'Farro quarry."

Sa'shana was surprised to hear Minerva reply before her. "You two know each other?"

"I am the one who referred her there." She smiled at Arkaya. "I am glad to see you are doing well."

Arkaya's ear fell a little, shame rising within her as she remembered how she had sold her out to the Vloz'ress. Sure, he didn't have any ill intent, but... she didn't know that at the time... "Um, ah... I got this for you... from a thrift store."

"Alright, let's see those clothes you got. They better not make me consider going there in full armor, repercussions be damned,"

Everyone got up, taking the clothes that were handed to them. "Bear with it, big guy. You may look ridiculous, but at least the origin of these clothes will be untraceable." She turned to Arkaya once everyone had changed. "You always walk to the Farro Fortress, right? Lead the way. The more back alley we use, the better."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tsuris » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 pm

A cacophony of emotions barraged Lok's mind. He winced, doing his best to sort through it all. 'OoH, tHe SeAlEr AnD tHe GiRl, ArE lYiNg AbOuT sOmEtHiNg... AnD tHe GiRl'S fEeLiNg PrEtTy GuIlTy AbOuT sOmEtHiNg ToO...' the stag-wolf's voice echoed in his head.

Lok took the opportunity to step outside while the others were changing, he could walk away then and there, Minerva was out of harms way, Zan'nah and Tur'geis would be able to get her home, he could head back to the Rift and not look back...

Arkaya nodded at Sa'shana, "Y-yeah, I can get you guys there through the safe routes I use to get back and forth, the Sharen Patrols can't get through the smaller alleys on their dragons, so it's easier to move through without getting hassled." She shot a look over her shoulder towards the door, "I-is... is the Vloz'ress coming too?" She asked quietly, looking from Sa'shana to Minerva and the Raiders.

"We're keeping our eyes on him, you just worry about getting Minerva back home, alright?" Zan'nah said, smiling and putting a comforting hand on Arkaya's shoulder.

Arkaya stepped outside, Zan'nah just behind her, "Lok, we're leaving." She said, looking around for him. He wasn't there. She frowned, "Where are you?" she called, looking around for her estranged younger brother.

"Did he leave?" Arkaya asked, sounding hopeful. Zan'nah grit her teeth, "So it would seem..." she said, her anger apparent.
Last edited by Tsuris on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:03 am

Find'choem and Tur'geis took the clothes offered and quickly changed into them. Some of the clothing, especially Tur'geis' tunic, looked rather worse for wear, but wouldn't look out of place among some of the refugees. Hiding the physiques and foreign appearance of the two Am'saag would still be a challenge. The two decided to hide their swords underneath outerwear and cloaks in case they got into a fight.

"Yeah, well, I look like a clown in this. Let's just get there and back as soon as we can," muttered Tur'geis as he pulled on the clothes. "Come on, Zan'nah, the Habenir'farro ain't going to wait forever to see if Minerva's alive."

"The alleyways sound safe," replied Find'choem, deep in thought at the mention of their next move.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:24 am

Minerva changed with the rest of them. The state of her dress was acceptable, even if the colors were a bit more faded in than she was used to. Some of the other's though...

"Yeah, well, I look like a clown in this. Let's just get there and back as soon as we can, Come on, Zan'nah, the Habenir'farro ain't going to wait forever to see if Minerva's alive."

"Don't think about removing it, we'd attract WAY more attention if you went there shirtless." Though men being shirtless was not exactly uncommon in the city's street, the few years she had known Tur'geis had taught her that the mere sight of his chest made many women go crazy. The LAST thing they needed right now was a Sharen of Zala'ess lineage to fall head over heel for him, again.

Zan'nah and their guide walked just behind her, "Lok, we're leaving. Where are you?" Minerva raised an eyebrow and walked outside when she heard Zan'nah.

"What's going on?"

"Did he leave?" Arkaya asked, sounding hopeful. Zan'nah grit her teeth, her anger apparent. "So it would seem..."

"Can't even bother to say hi and bye to his familly, that jerk..."

"Any news from my sister?"

"None yet, young lady Therra'lym, however our source reports agitation at the Shargress fortress. No confirmation yet but her escape is the most probable cause right now."

"Thank you, lieutenant." Bery placed her hand on Sae'ryn's shoulder. "We will report this to Sera Atha'lia, you may go back to your duties."

The man bowed before returning to the walls surrounding the Habenir'Farro fortress. It was currently brimming with activity, almost all of their troops being on high alert due to the Shargress' attack on Farro personnel. "If anything happened to Minnie, Mother and I will kill those dirty Shargress."

Bery sighed. "Have faith in your sister, Sae'ryn. She is strong and has many allies working to aid her. She CANNOT fail." She smiled sadly. Sae'ryn, cute little Sae'ryn... she had grown so much since the start of the war. Hopefully this event wouldn't cause her to lose the last bit of innocence she still had within her. "Come now, let's not make your mother wait."

Sae'ryn nooded, and both started walking toward the Therra'lym manor.

"INTRUDERS!"

"Warn your mother! GO!" Bery pushed Sae'ryn away before running toward the wall. Warriors ran in all dirrections around her, going to their assigned post. She entered one of the guard tower, looking down at what looked like a group of six commoners from the sniper's hold.

"The Habenir'Farro is under strict lockdown! Name your business with the clan, or be gone!"

One person in the group motionned for the rest to stand still, walking forward and removing her head wrap... revealling bright, pink hair.

"Minerva Therra'lym Habenir'Farro, and her allies. I'm back home!"
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Grey stood on a building overlooking the entrance to the gate, Lok had gotten Minerva home it would seem, but Lok was nowhere in sight... she frowned, pulling her cloth mask up over her mouth and nose, she made her way towards Beryla'zuli. "It's them... I don't see him with her though..." she said, knowing Bery would know who she was referring to.

"He made it clear when he left for the Vloz'ress that he didn't want to see us again, he probably left as soon as he got Minerva out of the Shargress Fortress..." She snorted, ressentment clear in her voice. She loved her brother, but Lok was a sore subject for all of those who had known him...

Around them the soldiers on the walls were restless, running in every direction as they sought to open the fortress' heavy doors as quickly as possible.

Grey nodded, that seemed the most likely thing for him to do....

Zan'nah was impressed at the efficiency of the fortress' layout, "Pretty impressive for a clan of farmers..." she muttered as the gates opened. Arkaya stayed close to Sa'shana, somewhat hiding behind her.

--

Lok watched the gates opening from a ways past the small shanty town outside the fortress, cloaked in his empathy. 'YoU cAmE bAcK aNyWaY...' Lok didn't say anything. He just watched the gate open.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 am

"Some things are just too sexy for the general public, huh?" said Tur'geis with a chuckle to Minerva as he stepped out of the house. He could have sworn that this shirt had originally been a female's dress at some point. At least it smelled fairly clean.

"The Vloz'ress is gone? Good riddance," muttered Find'choem as she hid her sword under her cloak and joined Zan'nah and the others outside.

~~~~

The gates of the Habenir'farro fortress were closed when they all arrived due to the influx of refugees. Someone must have sounded the alarm when they got within sight of the walls, as a multitude of guards soon had their weapons trained on the group. Minerva quickly gained them access with her presence, and they walked on in.

"I'll say. I didn't know dirt farming led to experience in creating fortifications," Tur'geis deadpanned to Zan'nah. Maybe the Habenir'farro had some architects in their number these days? Tur'geis quickly scanned the crowd inside for someone he knew would be here. He looked up at a guard tower and made out a familiar figure. "Bery! I see your clan rolled out the red carpet for us. Got any more surprises?" he called out to her.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:01 pm

"Pretty impressive for a clan of farmers..."

"I'll say. I didn't know dirt farming led to experience in creating fortifications,"

Minerva lifted an eyebrow at the two of them, insulted. "Dirt farming!? I'll let you know the Habenir'Farro clan possess the best farmers in all of Chel'el'sussoloth! They could easilly afford to hire architech to build fortifications before the war. They've only been improved since the Uljea’bever Guild and my house joined." She shook her head. "We may be a minor clan, but do you really think we've managed to stay neutral in a civil war, between two clan that DEMAND we give up everything for their cause, due to our good look alone? Use your head, Tur'geis."

The Am'saag rolled his eyes, irony tainting his voice as he spoke. "Because when someone says 'Habenir'farro' they mean being greeted by a giant wall and a dozen crossbows in your face. Refugees aside, of course."

"If the clan needs to defend itself, then yes, that's what it means. We need to survive the war, warriors won't rebuild the city once the Sharen fall. WE will. My house and I pledged ourselves to this cause."

Bery chased Lok from her mind, turning toward Grey. "Until we can close the gate try to keep an eye out for anyone who could have followed them, we never know."

She didn't wait for Grey's answer, leaving the guard tower as soon as she was done talking. She knew the light elf well enough to know that as soon as she had turned her back to her, Grey had left to do what she had asked. She looked at the group, surrounded by wary Therra'lym soldiers, openning her Empathy to scan Minerva. She grinned.

"Arguing already, Minnie? You barely got back!" She had the shock of her life when another rose from the group.

"Bery! I see your clan rolled out the red carpet for us. Got any more surprises?"

"Tur... TUR'GEIS!" She ran down the stair, wrapping her arms around the Am'saag's chest as tear fell freely from her eyes. "I missed you..."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:15 am

Zan'nah smiled a bit at the reunion between Beryla'zuli and Tur'geis, she knew that he missed her, and it was nice to see that she missed him too.

--

Grey moved behind the Therra'lym guards, out of sight of the group. She moved in the shadows, watching to see if anyone had followed, ready to strike.

--

Lok dropped his empathy as he walked away, making his way towards the Rift, "Hey!" he looked over his shoulder and saw Grey, standing behind him. "So... what? You show up, help save Minerva and disappear again?" Lok turned the rest of the way around, "Not even going to see your daughter?" Lok took his mask off as she spoke to him, "You disappeared for over a decade... and now you come back?" she was angry, he didn't need empathy to know that.

"...How is she doing?" he asked, Grey looked annoyed for a moment, but then sighed, "She's... different... from the other children..." she said, rubbing her golem arm with her real one as she often did when she was nervous or concerned, "Her empathy is strong... but she's able to maintain a hold on it... Beryla'zuli is helping her. But she's distant and..." She sighed, "She... sees things..."

Lok thought on this for a moment, then let out a long heavy sigh, "She sees what I see then...." Grey nodded, biting her lip as she did so.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:25 am

Tur'geis shrugged at the end of Minerva's tirade. "Just keep in mind that you need people like me to keep the peace and protect you," he said. Many times had Find'choem and Tur'geis heard similar insults from city-bred drow. They wouldn't be so smug with their words if the were threatened by marauding Black Sun, and Tur'geis and his barbarian mercenaries were the only thing standing in their way.

The Highland Raider was suddenly jumped by an overjoyed Beryla'zuli, who clung to him as if he was the sole remaining life preserver on a sinking ship. "Woah there! How have you been, and where's Piri'bee?" laughed Tur'geis. "Come on, everyone! Let's talk over drinks!" said Tur'geis with a grin that was big enough for anyone in the courtyard to see.

"So, this is Beryla'zuli? I honestly thought she'd be taller," cracked Find'choem, managing a smile at her brother's happiness.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:56 pm

The Highland Raider was suddenly jumped by an overjoyed Beryla'zuli, who clung to him as if he was the sole remaining life preserver on a sinking ship. "Woah there! How have you been, and where's Piri'bee?" laughed Tur'geis. "Come on, everyone! Let's talk over drinks!" said Tur'geis with a grin that was big enough for anyone in the courtyard to see.

Zan'nah smiled a bit at the reunion between Beryla'zuli and Tur'geis, she knew that he missed her, and it was nice to see that she missed him too.

"You guys do that. Bery, bring them to one of the Koca’lealt dinning hall. I'll have Vitis arrange for them to cather to you a bit."

Zan'nah looked confused, "You're not coming with us?" she asked, glancing warily at the heavily armed and armored Therra'lym guards currently surronding them.

Minerva shook her head, pointing to a small group running from the main fortress. "My mom and Illhar. I'd get out of their way for a little bit if I was you, at least until I can tell them what happened. Don't worry, as long as Bery is with you, you'll be safe."

Zan'nah suddenly wasn't so sure about her own saftey but decided to do as she was asked, "Just be sure to let them know who saved you so we don't end up in your dungeon this time around," she said, managing to crack a small smile despite her obvioius concern.

"Might not be such a bad thing, I'd be able to return the favor then." She winked teasingly. "Now go rest a bit. I'll handle everything."

Bery managed to remove herself from Tur'geis long enough to wipe her tears, taking both his and Zan'nah's hand in her own. "Come on guys! There's so much we need to catch up to!"

"So, this is Beryla'zuli? I honestly thought she'd be taller," cracked Find'choem, managing a smile at her brother's happiness.

"You've heard about me?" She looked at the gigantic woman next to Tur'geis. Family, perhaps? She scanned their aura with her empathy, finding simmilar clues in both of them... they shared one parent, at least. "You'll see something even smaller, soon"

"You called for us, mom?" Two children walked toward the group, both having lived no more than 15 drows years. But while one of them had the dark skin and pale hair of a drow, the others had skin the color of rust, and her hair was the deep color of blood.

"Yes. Did you have trouble leaving school?" She bowed down to pick up the little girl. The little boy simply shrugged, disinterested. "Well, just give me a moment then." She rose with the little girl in her arms, walking toward Tur'geis and Find'choem. "Say hi to you dad and aunt, Honey!"

Minerva's epilogue

Following Bery's enthusiasm, the group disappeared quickly. Though a few of the soldiers gave them nervous glance, none followed. Their squad leader quickly got them to return to their duty. The foreigners had been entrusted to one of their embassadors, it wasn't their business any longer, and their squad leaders were quick to return them to their duty.

"MINERVA!" Atha'lia ran toward her, Maie'za, Sae'ryn, and Vitis'ara following right after her.

"Hey Mom." She smiled a bit as the towering woman hugged her tightly. "Don't let go..."

"I won't."

Vitis smiled, putting a hand on Minerva's shoulder. "You must be tired, Minerva. Let's get you to the infirmary."

Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Roleplay