Old Beginnings, New Endings (Closed)

Re: Old Beginnings, New Endings (Please ask for Invite)

Postby Aerisa » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:43 am

The group proceeded in silence as they crossed Sharg'ress and Sullissin'rune lands. As far as Sa'shana remembered, the Sullisin had never had any problems with the Habenir'Farro, but as allies of the Sharg'ress she prefered not to trust them on this matter. She only started to breathe lightly as they entered the city proper. While they could still meet with Sharg'ress patrols, they would be much safer here. She brought everyone to a secluded alley before turning toward the group.

"We need to head toward the Jaal'darya fortress, the Farro home is close to it. No matter the route we take though we'll have to cut through Sharen territory. Going there with our armors would be suicide, so you guys have two choices. Either you come with us to the refugee camp in order to ditch your armors, and then proceed to the Farro home, OR you go back to the fortress."

And while she would be there... she would be able to get her.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Alric » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 am

On the way there, Tur'geis kept glancing over to Zan'nah to make sure if she was okay whilst Find'choem kept her eye on Tsuris'lok in case he tried anything. Zan'nah was clearly upset about the recent discovery about her brother. There was little to discuss during the trip, for whatever reason. Finally they stopped at the boundary of Sullisin'rune territory, halting in an alley where Minerva could speak.

Find'choem furrowed her brow at Sa'shana's plan. "That's also risky. My brother and I could still be detected as foreigners by the Sharen. Our cloaks can hide us provided we don't draw attention to ourselves," she explained. "Maybe we could find a covered golem carriage to hide in." Find'choem felt that noting how expensive armor was to commission was an unspoken fact.

"I'll be heading to the refugee camp anyways. If what I want is there, then I'll be heading back with my sister," shrugged Tur'geis. He wasn't keen on the idea of sneaking through Sharen territory just to get Minerva back home. "I thought you Habenir'farro weren't hostile towards the Sharen. What's stopping you from requesting permission from them to go home?"
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Tsuris » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Zan'nah continued to mesh her fingers together nervously as she followed after the Mae'yukir and Tsuris'Lok, she wasn't really sure what to say to any of this. The Mae'yukir brought them into an alley to speak.

"We need to head toward the Jaal'darya fortress, the Farro home is close to it. No matter the route we take though we'll have to cut through Sharen territory. Going there with our armors would be suicide, so you guys have two choices. Either you come with us to the refugee camp in order to ditch your armors, and then proceed to the Farro home, OR you go back to the fortress."

Find'choem furrowed her brow at Sa'shana's plan. "That's also risky. My brother and I could still be detected as foreigners by the Sharen. Our cloaks can hide us provided we don't draw attention to ourselves," she explained. "Maybe we could find a covered golem carriage to hide in."

"I'll be heading to the refugee camp anyways. If what I want is there, then I'll be heading back with my sister," shrugged Tur'geis. "I thought you Habenir'farro weren't hostile towards the Sharen. What's stopping you from requesting permission from them to go home?"

Zan'nah didn't like the idea of leaving her armor behind, and she really didn't want to go back to the fortress and leave them out here on their own with Tsuris'Lok... he was her brother, but he was also a Vloz'ress Scourge now. "I'm not going back to the fortress but we're not leaving out armor in the middle of some refugee camp though,"

"Use your cloaks then, it works for me." Tsuris'Lok said, pulling his cloak away to show his raider armor. It had been dulled in sheen so that it wouldn't reflect light, and it was covered in scratches and dings from combat. "Sharen patrols aren't exactly looking for highland raiders in their streets anyway, we'll be fine." he looked at Sa'shana, "Though if you need to get something... or someone from the refugee camp, perhaps it's best if we do that after we return Minerva to her home." he said, his eyes narrowing at the woman.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:02 am

"You are all fools!" Sa'shana's reaction was swift, her words violent. "A carriage!? Permission!? Cloak!? If Shargress are discovered helping Farro, or if any commoners are found helping Shargress infiltrate Sharen lands, they will be labelled Traitors and KILLED! I will NOT take that risk!"

The girl was almost shaking with rage... in truth, Minerva could understand her, she wasn't exactly wrong, per say... but an agent would never have an outburst.

"Who are you?" She walked toward the black Mae'yukir. They stared at each other for a moment.

"Sa'shana Mae'yukir Shar'gress." She bowed down in front of Minerva, placing a hand on her chest. "I was a companion of Taii'gael, Heir of Habenir'Farro, during her stay at Ortho'bbae."

"You think the people in that camp could help us cross safely?"

She rose to look in Minerva's eyes. "Yes my lady." Both stared at each other for a moment.

"Then we'll go." She turned to look at the rest of the group. "If you're confident you can hide under your cloak, you can do so. I'm changing though."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Tur'geis shrugged at Sa'shana's lecture. "Then that's their problem, not ours," grunted the Am'saag in response. He and his sister weren't brought along to watch out for the Habenir'farro's interests. They'd get Minerva home safely, but they owed the Habenir'farro clan little else.

"The refugees should know a thing or two about moving about the city at this time," said Find'choem to Sa'shana. Where there were refugees, there was always someone moving new people and goods in, often under the noses of the local oppressors.

"Can't blame you," said Tur'geis as Minerva left to get changed. Wearing such ill-fitted armor and walking about could not have been fun. Best not to think about the possible chafing.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:23 am

Tsuris'Lok narrowed his eyes at the group, he was losing patients and energy, he rubbed his eyes a bit and the wolf was suddenly among them, even sitting down it towered over Tur'geis, the alley seeming to distort around it so that it would fit in the space between the buildings.

sO wHaT nOw DrOwLiNg? ThE tHeRrA'lYm WoMaN nEeDs To ReTuRn HoMe, Do YoU rIsK cAuSiNg ThE rEfUgEeS tO pAnIc? Or Do YoU lEaVe AnD tRuSt HeR rEtUrN wItH tHe SaVaGeS aNd ThE vIcTiM?

"Not savages..." Lok muttered. "And it's not her fault."

ThEy ArE sAvAgEs.AnD zAn'NaH hAs No OnE tO bLaMe BuT hErSeLf. AnD tHiS tAiNtEd MaE'yUkIr Is-

"Be quiet."

Zan'nah had been watching her brother... he seemed tired and he was mumbling to himself. "Lok? Are you okay?" She asked as she placed a hand on his shoulder, he looked at her, a reassuring smile on his face.

"I'm fine, just a bit tired, it was a long walk from the rift to get over to the Sarghress fortress and I don't really sleep much anymore..." Zan'nah frowned a bit. "Why are you helping us?" Lok looked at his sister, a bit surprised, "You left the Sarghress and joined a nether cult and asked them to taint you, you never do anything without a damn good reason, and I'm not sure I want to know what your reasoning for doing all that was..." she let go of his shoulder, Lok could feel the frustration, anger and loss radiating from his sister. "But what possible reason could you have for helping Minerva? She shattered your shoulder and nearly killed you, you don't owe her anything, so why did you come back to help her?!"

Lok looked at his sister, then at the others. He thought for a moment then sighed, "We've come this far... I may as well tell you the truth..." he looked at them, "Minerva being executed by the Sarghress would have driven her mother to pressure the Habenir'Farro Ill'har into siding with the Sharen, the Sharen would then have a near unlimited supply of food at their disposal, not to mention the backing of the Therra'lym, an ace that would allow them to crush the Sarghress despite their numbers." he looked at the wolf for a few seconds before continuing, "I may have left the Sarghress, but I don't want to see the Sharen win..." he trailed off a bit.

The wolf's grin grew wider. TeLl ThEm ThE wHoLe TrUtH dRoWlInG. tElL tHeM hOw YoU wAnT tHe WaR tO cOnTiNuE uNtIl tHeRe Is NaUgHt bUt AsH aNd BlOoD. tElL tHeM yOu'Re NoT rEaLlY dOiNg ThIs OuT oF hAtReD fOr ThE dRaGoNs Of ShArEsS bUt FoR yOuR sElFiSh DeSiRe To SeE tHe WoRlD yOu DeSpIsE bUrN! Lok glared up at the wolf, willing it to be silent. The wolf did no such thing and only continued with it's mocking laughter.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:56 am

Sa'shana guided the group toward the refugee camp, leading them to a shack on it's outskirt. Surprisingly however considering the current poverty affecting the citizens of the city, both it and the house around it were completely empty.

"The inhabitant of the house succumbed to his seed a week ago." She explained as she opened the door to lead them inside. "People have been avoiding this area ever since, commoner superstitions and all that."She turned toward them as she started to remove her armor, kicking it under the bed that took most of the shack's space. "You will all be safe here while I fetch new disguises for Minerva and I."

That, and look for a certain someone...
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:08 am

Tur'geis looked about the empty shack as they entered. It appeared to have been abandoned for a fair bit of time. Find'choem and Tur'geis exchanged looks at the mention of the former owner of the house. No wonder people were avoiding this house if they could afford it.

"He does speak the truth," replied Find'choem to Lok. "If Minerva had died we'd have risked having another foe against us."

Tur'geis thought about it for a moment. Tsuris'lok might have had some loyalty to the Sarghress, though for as of yet unknown reasons. Was it due to sentimentality, or something else? Tur'geis had always been wary about placing trust in anyone outside of his kin, but he reminded himself once more to be careful.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:56 am

"The inhabitant of the house succumbed to his seed a week ago." She explained as she opened the door to lead them inside. "People have been avoiding this area ever since, commoner superstitions and all that."

Tsuris'Lok couldn't help but think about just how helpful superstition was, the Vloz'ress liked to use superstition to their advantage, often to great effect.

Zan'nah began to take her armor off, stripping down to just the spider silk under armor. She mulled over what Lok had told them in her head, not sure if what he had told them was the truth, or even what Lok perceived to be the truth, she'd have to keep an eye on her estranged brother....

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:30 pm

"Arkaya?" Sa'shana knocked on the door of the girl's makeshift home, holding a bag in her hands. She had already raided one of the abbandonned house near the place she had hidden the Farro girl and her Shargress friend, finding suitable clothes for all of them. It hadn't been easy for the Giant ones, but she had managed.

All she needed to do now was talk to Arkaya. If she could convince her to come with her, tell the Habenir'Farro SHE had supplied her clothes to help in their escape... maybe she'd be able to get the both of them to join this clan. Together...

Minerva sat on the floor, closing her eyes. "Tension between the Farro and the Shargress will rise either way, I'm sure... all that because some grunts and their general were too stupid to realize we were secretly rooting for their victory, talk about irony." She smiled sadly. "I owe you big, guys... Say what you want from me, and I'll do my best to make it happen. A Therra'lym always repays her debts."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Loath as they were to admit it, the Sarghress knew that Sa'shana had a point. "Get your armor off, Tur'geis. I don't want to risk us getting seen," said Find'choem. Tur'geis looked miffed for a moment, but acquiesced to his elder sister and Sa'shana's requests. Find'choem & Tur'geis removed their armor and placed it under the bed along with the others armor, leaving them in their spider silk underlay. The two Am'saag wondered how they would conceal their large swords. Perhaps there were cloaks about that would suffice?

Tur'geis sat on the bed as Minerva spoke while Find'choem leaned against the opposite wall. "I don't know if there's any way you could convince anyone that this is a mistake? I'll try my best to communicate to my superiors," said Find'choem earnestly.

"Better hope so. Beryla'zuli and Piri'bee are with the Farro," grunted Tur'geis. He didn't want to be faced with the possibility of sacking a settlement where his own child lived. "I'll keep you to that promise, Minerva. Let's focus on getting to the Habenir'farro compound right now." Tur'geis then looked over to Zan'nah, trying to gauge her thoughts on her adopted brother's state. He'd have to ask her later when they were away from Tsuris'lok for the moment.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Arkaya heard the knock on the door and warily opened it, "Sa'shana?" she asked, surprised to see her, "What happened with the Vloz'ress?" she asked, looking around outside as the door opened the rest of the way.

--

Zan'nah would be able to keep her sword hidden better then Tur'geis would his pole arm, "I'm sure we'll be able to think up a way for you to pay us back Minerva, for now, let's just focus on getting through Sharen turf." she turned to look at Lok, leaning against the entrance to the shack just outside, keeping watch.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 am

Arkaya heard the knock on the door and warily opened it, "Sa'shana?" she asked, surprised to see her, "What happened with the Vloz'ress?" she asked, looking around outside as the door opened the rest of the way.

"Not here." Taking one of the girl's shoulder in her free hand, she pushed her back into the shack, closing the door behind them. "Listen Arkaya... that Vloz'ress, I don't know how, but he has links with the Habenir'Farro clan. Me and a few other Shargress are helping one of their house's heir, she... she might help me get into their clan. You could come too! With me! You wouldn't have to struggle to feed these people anymore, or be scared you'd be caugh between two warring clans! I.. I like you Arkaya. I like you a LOT. PLEASE come with me."

--

"I don't know if there's any way you could convince anyone that this is a mistake? I'll try my best to communicate to my superiors,"

"Better hope so. Beryla'zuli and Piri'bee are with the Farro,"

She nodded. "You helped me, so I should be able to. Try to contact me if your superiors show an opening. The Sharen can't know we're against them yet, or they'd crush us. But we may be able to sneak an ambassador under their nose."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:27 am

Arkaya blinked, "Would... would the rest of them be able to come with me?" she asked the Sarghress that defended the refugee camp, "I can't just leave them out here Sa'shana! I'm the one that bring them food!"

Sa'shana bit her lips. "I... I don't know. But they're kind to commoners! Even if they don't take them in, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you continuing to bring them food! Maybe even give them jobs, like you've been doing!" She took Arkaya's hand in her own, tenderly. "We'd work something out..."

Arkaya thought for a moment, "I... I guess so... but only if we can sort something out with them, otherwise I'm coming right back... okay?" she stated.

"...okay." She moved her face closer to the girl, giving her a small kiss. "Here." She gave Arkaya the bag of clothes she had been holding. "If they ask, you purchased them from a thrift store for me."

"Oh- okay..." Arkaya said, not really sure what Sa'shana was planning.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:14 am

"The demon's house!?"

Sa'shana chuckled as she walked up the slope leading to the area where she had hidden the group, Arkayas trailing a bit behind her.

"I keep telling you guys, I killed the host and sealed the nether. Nothing's going to happen." She smirked, but her smile faded a bit when the house came into view, and she noticed who had decided to take guard duty. "Just stay close to me if you're scared. It will be fine. Hey! Vloz! Go tell the other I got clothes, we're good to go!"
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay