Of the Dutan'vir and the Abandoned (Private)

Re: Of the Dutan'vir and the Abandoned (Private)

Postby Alric » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Tur'geis gave a light chuckle at Bery's little boast about her brothel. "I've never had anything but a fine time when I was there," he said. "Pretty noble of the owner to only have willing girls working there. A lot of people aren't that discriminating when it comes to acquiring help." Easier to get slaves after all...they were already compliant and were cheap to house and feed. Plus slaves usually had little dignity to give up in exchange for a life on one's back.

"Just what made you choose the life that you did?" asked Tur'geis, looking down from his mount at the diminutive halfbreed, his wolf sniffing the air. Prostitution wasn't a job that many chose freely.

"Yeah...old clans have to keep in control somehow. It's just the way things are. You're part of your family and you deal with it. We can't live alone," replied Tur'geis. "Tell me about it...I don't know if you ever came across food from the surface in your line of work, but it's much better than most of the stuff you get down here." Tur'geis' appetite for food matched everything else about the large, bombastic raider in size. "All sorts of fruit, vegetables, and game suitable for eatin'." Not to mention that it was cheaper than the greenhouse grown produce grown underground.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Aerisa » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:26 pm

"Terms of Partnership? Marzipan, if these people are as bad you make them out to be, the three worlds will be better off without them. Beside, we don't require payment for doing a service for family."

"Indeed, but I have some... conditions regarding the whole matter, which we will need to agree upon before anything is done..." He turned his head toward Bery. "Hmph, she's coming, we'll continue this chat later..."

"Thank you sister," Grey hugged her gently before releasing her embrace, looking at her sadly. "But my shame be one that must never fade, least I forget lesson it teach..."

"That's not..." Bery halted herself, shaking her head before looking straight into Grey's eyes. "I'm probably not the best to argue with you... I carry my share of emotionnal baggage, as well. Just remember remembering doesn't mean surrendering your happiness."

Grey smiled before changing the subject. "I happy Lok found family beyond myself, I fear he having hard time retaining sense of self."

Bery sighed, scratching her head. "I wish I knew just what he has, exactly... I've figured out some aspects of his personallity, but he's just so odd..." Her gaze followed grey's, ending in direction of Lok and Marzy talking to each other. "I wonder what they are up to..." She started walking toward them. Might as well go to see them. Tur'geis followed her, continuing his chat as they walked.

"I've never had anything but a fine time when I was there, Pretty noble of the owner to only have willing girls working there. A lot of people aren't that discriminating when it comes to acquiring help. Just what made you choose the life that you did?"

She looked at Tur'geis, a little surprised. "Well, now that's quite a question..." She laughed a bit. "I had a very good upbringing. All of my life, I was surrounded by happiness. Because prostitutes don't kill. We don't harm anyone. We build our fortune on how good we can make those around us feel. A lot of these things were... spoiled to me, in the last years... But I still believe it's a very noble job."
Last edited by Aerisa on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Alric » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Tur'geis thought over Bery's words a bit. She was right...and a brothel generally was safe from the worst violence of the outside world. An Am'saag like Tur'geis would be terribly bored without a sword in his hand and foes to slay, however. It was as much a desire of his as the desire to eat, sleep, and reproduce were to more civilized drow.

He still had to chuckle on hearing Bery's words. "I think that's the most noble-minded reasoning for it that I've ever heard...not that I've ever questioned a prostitute on it before." Tur'geis saw it mainly as stress relief with pliant girls when there was nothing else available, but some frequented such places with favored prostitutes, finding comfort and solace in their illicit lover's arms for a few hours. Maybe it was their only relief in a harsh life.

Tur'geis gave a slight grunt at hearing at how the experience was spoiled near the end. "What happened? Did the real world find its way in finally?" he asked, giving his wolf a scratch behind the ears as he continued to look towards Beryl'azuli. Tur'geis believed that no place was safe, not even the Imperial palace. The Nidra'chaal war had proven that beyond a doubt to him. "I don't know what place is worse, Chel'el'sussoloth or the land of my birth. At least people back home would tell you up front if they intended to kill you."
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Lok simply shrugged, and continued after the rest of the wolf fangs.

Grey followed Bery and Tur'geis back to the rest of the group, Lok seemed to be talking to Marzipan about something. She retook her place next to the lead wolf, easily catching up to the one in front.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:01 pm

"What happened? Did the real world find its way in finally? I don't know what place is worse, Chel'el'sussoloth or the land of my birth. At least people back home would tell you up front if they intended to kill you."

Bery sighed. "It's... complicated..." She crossed her arms, looking at the ground as she talked. "Before the Nidra'chaal war my Mother and the Matriarch could sense that trouble was brewing... they became obsessed with amassing as much money as possible, said it would 'Help us survive the trouble ahead'... So when a summoner offered them a sizeable sum of money to hire someone, they accepted... my only daughter died as a result..."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:08 am

Tur'geis furrowed his brow at seeing Bery so agitated. Something about it didn't sit well with the Am'saag. "I despise all weavers of the dark arts," he growled at the mention of the summoner. It was true that the Am'saag was well inured to suffering and barbarism. A purse of ada was worth any atrocity when you were starving, after all. But nether summoning was altogether alien and anathema to Tur'geis' savage upbringing. "I can hardly imagine what it would be like to have your own daughter taken like that. I'd be ready to spill oceans of blood in return," Tur'geis growled, his body language relaxed but subconsciously relating his anger at the thought of such a fate befalling his kinsmen.

After some time, the Wolf Fangs completed their patrol route. The streets were still alive with the sights and sounds of festivities, and the Wolf Fangs halted near the border of Nal'sarkoth territory, returning to the nearest outpost to leave duty for the day. Tur'geis was now free to follow Tsuris and Bery to wherever they needed to go. The cyclopean keep of the Nal'sarkoth fortress coruscated into the ceiling of the cavern before them, surrounded by the green woods and rivers about it.

((Let me know if the time skip overstepped bounds any))

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SoulReka » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Behind such a tree Reka appeared, and she must've been in a hurry for stilling back she ran into Tur'gies. Needless to say, she's the one who fell down, a great rattle as the massive amounts of arrows she was carrying fell everywhere. Reka was left rubbing her head, forgot about random passerbys...ow
Reka S. Dark - Blue-haired quiet gal of Marauders squad
Z - Wise aged Vanir with shocking personality
Chrono R. Silver - Scarred Halm and Ex-Sargent of Reka's
SoulReka
Summoner

Postby Aerisa » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 pm

"I despise all weavers of the dark arts, I can hardly imagine what it would be like to have your own daughter taken like that. I'd be ready to spill oceans of blood in return,"

Bery stayed silent. As far as she was concerned, death would have been too much of a mercy for the one who had taken her daughter's life... had she been the one to get her hands on her, she would have been bound and gagged. Her limbs removed. Her body bound by the tickest of chains inside of the darkest dungeons... and left to rots, inside of her own waste, with just enough food and mana to ensure her body's survival, but not enough to spare her from the pain of hunger and mana deprievation. That is the fate she wished upon all of those practitionner of these so called "new arts", upon all of those who traded other's sentience for a weapon to yield...

Alas, the house's mercenaries had seen to it that the summoner and the demon within her daughter's body both met the quickest end possible. She would never be able to ease her sorrow by inflicting as great a pain upon the summoner as had been inflicted onto her... She alone would have to live with the hole within her heart, until the day of her own death...

She tried to bring her mood back up for the rest of the walk, exchange innocent chit chat with everyone, however it proved rather hard. Today was a rather good day, she had found a brother and had finally managed to leave the house where her daughter had been murdered, cutting ties with those responsible for it... but all of it had been filled with reminders of this fateful day, which couldn't help but bring her mood down. Eventually however, they came near the Nal'sarkorth fortress, and the shargress patrol left, leaving only Tur'geis to accompagny them. She turned to her brother.

"I know I said I talk to Minerva, but honestly I'm getting quite tired, do you have any idea where we could go to..." Just as she was about to finish her sentence, a young Drowess came from behind a tree, bumping into Tur'geis and falling to the ground, the arrows she had been carrying all sent flying. She bowed to look at the girl.

"Erm.. Are you okay miss?"
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Lok literally fell to the ground laughing. The sheer irony that he would run into another of his team mates during the time he just wanted to spend with is sister and mate, it was as if someone on another plane of existence was mocking him....

((He's on to me! ABORT! ABORT! *pushes button to self-destruct world*))

Grey pulled her mate up off the ground, thwacking him on the forehead with her forefinger. "Behave thyself," she said, Lok wiped tears from his eyes. "Reka?! What in the world are you doing here?" he said pulling himself together. Grey sighed, This man.... She walked over to Reka, starting to help her pick up the arrows. "It be good to see you again Lady Reka." she said.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Bery'lazuli got very quiet after mentioning her daughter. Tur'geis decided not to reopen old wounds and let further mention of her daughter go by. There would be time for more private conversation later. But for the time being, they all just kept to light chit-chat as the Wolf Fangs squad completed their patrol and finished for the day. The walk to the Nal'sarkoth fortress went well, the wooded paths throughout Nal'sarkoth territory always served to calm Tur'geis.

"Minerva? Well...she and Lok seemed to at least come to an understanding last time. I'm sure they'll let you stay with them for a time," said Tur'geis in response to Bery's question.

Tur'geis was prevented from explaining more as someone bumped into him from behind. Tur'geis quickly turned around to find who it was...surely they couldn't have been paying any less attention. "Sa-ha!" he cried, his sword already in his hand and nearly cleared from his sheath.

"Reka? Lugh, are any of my other current or former squadmates just out there waiting to bump into me today?" Tur'geis grunted in surprise. He sheathed his sword and helped pull Reka to her feet. "Watch where you're going next time, will you?"

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SoulReka » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Reka's eyes widen in reasonable surprise she hadn't expected to see her comrades so soon after her meeting with her contact.
"I fine....Supply run....Thank you...Sorry." she answered/thanked each person in sequence. With Grey having picked most of the rest of the arrows, Reka nodded to her and stashed the massive bundle where it belonged. And just like that it didn't seem like Reka was carrying anything.

Still eyes where on her so she held up a hand cutly and said,
"Ello."
SoulReka
Summoner

Postby Tsuris » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Lok smiled, "Reka this is Bery'lazuli, my sister on our father's side, this is my adopted brother Marzipan," he said, deciding to lend the quiet girl a hand and make introductions. "Bery, Marzipan, this is Reka, she was on my squad when I was with the raiders," Grey nudged Reka, "Don't be so shy silly." she said smiling.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Lok stared at the newcomer for a few seconds before falling to the ground, suddenly laughing loudly. Grey was quick to pick him up and scold him, and he soon faced the girl with an amused smile on his face.

"Reka?! What in the world are you doing here?"

"It be good to see you again Lady Reka."

So, another friend? She starred as Lok, Grey and Tur'geis talked with the obviously shy girl. Either these three knew a lot of people in Chel, or they were just unusually lucky today.

"Reka this is Bery'lazuli, my sister on our father's side, and my adopted brother Marzipan. Bery, Marzipan, this is Reka, she was on my squad when I was with the raiders,"

"Hello!"

"A warrior, heh? Aren't you a little cute for that?" Bery rolled her eyes as Marzi started flirting with the girl. She turned her attention back to Tur'geis.

"I don't think you realize just how big Min's mistrust is... she doesn't make peace with anyone, she declares a temporary truce. I'm sure that as far as she is concerned, Lok could still try to kill her any moment of any day. She trust me, but I'm not sure she'll want to keep me in her home if it means Lok will have access to it."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:02 am

Tur'geis handed over the few arrows remaining to Reka. "Supply run? Didn't know we got our arrows from the Nal'sarkoth," chuckled Tur'geis, raising an eyebrow. Whatever the case, Reka appeared to be rather uncomfortable being the center of attention. "Yeah, it's a regular family reunion..." he said dryly as Tsuris'lok introduced his relatives to Reka.

Tur'geis turned to Marzipan, dismissively smirking a bit at his remark. "You ever faced down a giant Kiri'su dripping with acid that can melt through steel in a matter of seconds like she has, kid? Yeah, that's what I thought," deadpanned the Am'saag.

"Oh, I'm fully aware that she doesn't trust Lok as far as she can throw him. Given Lok's build that's mighty generous, mind you. Hell, Lok can stay outside with Reka and I while you go in and speak with her," said Tur'geis to Bery'lazuli. He wasn't sure he wanted to deal with Minerva again so soon with Tsuris'lok in tow. I'll find something to do while they're getting things dealt with...

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SoulReka » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 am

Tur'geis had successfully differed attention back to the subject at had.

As Tur talked, Reka suddenly remembered something. Still standing by Grey, she dug through her pockets to find it. Tapping Grey on the shoulder, she smiled and placed an object in Grey's hands.

It was an empty pure silver locket.
SoulReka
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay