Of the Dutan'vir and the Abandoned (Private)

Re: Of the Dutan'vir and the Abandoned (Private)

Postby Tsuris » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Tur'geis' wolf along with several of the others in the squad seemed to eye Lok as he approached, then began to growl at him. Lok smiled wickedly staring down the group as a whole. After a tense moment or two, the wolves shied away from him, their tails between their legs. "Base creatures...." he muttered as he turned back towards the others. Grey had already begun scanning rooftops and the sides of buildings for easy hand holds and the like. "I go on my own?" she asked Lok. Lok turned towards his mate, "No, stay close, last time you wandered off you got locked up." Grey pouted for a moment, upset she wouldn't be able to move like she was used to but saw the logic in Lok's words. She sighed and nodded. Lok turned towards Bery, "As I said before, we just kinda wander, I guess we'll be heading off with the patrol, least I can do for the Sarghress is keep an eye on them for all the wonderful times I had with them." he said with a completely neutral face. Any feelings he had for the Sarghress he kept to himself, none of his emotions leaking through, even to Bery. He paused for a moment, before turning towards Tur'geis. "Your route doesn't take you anywhere near the Nal'sarkoth turf does it?" he asked, a thoughtful look in his eyes.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Tur'geis struggled to keep his wolf under control as the creature shied away from Tsuris, growling nervously. THis wasn't the first time animals had reacted to him as such. "What the fuck?!?" cried out one of the Wolf Fangs, as he backed off from her panicked wolf. Another shot a look at Tsuris'lok. "They're reacting to him," she muttered to Tur'geis. Tur'geis nodded curtly. It didn't sit with him any better, former squad mate or not. The Wolf Fangs quickly calmed their mounts down.

"You're in the wrong place if you don't want to be there. We're not too far away from Nal'sarkoth territory right now," replied Tur'geis. He wondered if keeping an eye on Tsuris'lok would be in any way detrimental to their current situational awareness. "You and Grey should be pretty safe. Just stay out of our wolves' way if you know what's good for you." Tur'geis' wolf let a cautious growl as if to underline that point.

"He's not going anywhere near the mounts if he continues to spook them like that. What's up with him?" muttered the squad leader as she spurred her wolf on and away from Tsuris'lok and Grey.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Aerisa » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:53 pm

The group departed, not a moment too soon, as both Lady Dia, the house' matriarch, and her mother, entered from a door on the other side of the room. She shot them one last hateful glance before following the Shargress group. Finally she was rid of this awful, awful place... She smiled. There was a lot of uncertainties in her life... but now that she had found her true family, it would all be bearable. She would make herself a new life somewhere, and... maybe buy a little slave baby to starts up a new familly, who knew?

"You doing okay, Bery?" Marzy walked next to her, smiling gently at her.

"Of course, I'm out of this place, at last! Why wouldn't I be?"

"I'm not talking about that..." She sighed. For as long as she had known him, Marzy had always been better at reading her than many of the empaths within her own house.

"It's fine, Marzy... I... loved my mother, years ago... maybe some of me still do, even... but I can't forgive her. You know that."

"I know. Just be sure not to let that thought escape you in the weeks to come, and you will be fine." He patted her on the back. Now that this was settled, he needed to work on ANOTHER matter... "Well then, why don't you go celebrate your new freedom then? There's a Sugarry Potato Bug stall nearby, why don't you go get one? Maybe get Grey as well, I doubt she ever had any."

"Great idea, Marz. Hey Grey!" She ran toward the White Elf, a bright smile on her face. That was Bery: Mention Sugar, cuddles or babies of any kind, and her mood immediatly lift up.

Marzipan turned his attention toward Tsuris'lok, humming farther behind them. Now that they were alone... "Why hello there, 'brother'... mind if we speak for a minute?" He grinned devilishly as he face the halfbreed male. "You know, before my family sold me into slavery and I found myself with Bery, I was what you'd call a 'Petty Thief'... never was the best person to be around, probably still ain't, but I have never commited any grave or violent crimes. I've seen my share of criminals though, got to know a LOT about how to tell what is someone's sins..." He grinned even more before his grin turned into a glare. "Bery's naive, but I can tell... you and your mate have the eyes of murderers.. You can kill and you've done so before, am I right?"
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tsuris » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Grey had been walking alongside the lead wolf, it didn't seem to mind her presence and even sometimes nudged her to pet it. She heard Bery call her name and turned to see the girl running to catch up. "Yes, Sister?" she asked after she had finally caught up to her.

"Why hello there, 'brother'... mind if we speak for a minute?" He grinned devilishly as he face the halfbreed male. "You know, before my family sold me into slavery and I found myself with Bery, I was what you'd call a 'Petty Thief'... never was the best person to be around, probably still ain't, but I have never commited any grave or violent crimes. I've seen my share of criminals though, got to know a LOT about how to tell what is someone's sins..." He grinned even more before his grin turned into a glare. "Bery's naive, but I can tell... you and your mate have the eyes of murderers.. You can kill and you've done so before, am I right?"

Lok nodded, "I can kill and I do so frequently" he said, his face betraying none of his emotions. "Grey kills more often them me, she's trained to do so, I do it out of necessity. Occasionally for shits and giggles but mostly necessity." He turned his full attention to Marzipan. "Ma'zerick..." he smiled at his reaction, "It's your name isn't it? I hope to take Bery to a place she can be safe. A family amongst the Nal'sarkoth are close friends of mine, the matriarch is a loving person, she will welcome our sister with open arms. If you'd like you may join her. The Lr'gans don't keep slaves, and they can offer you training, a job, and a home." he smiled warmly, "You don't have to worry about her, she'll be safe from the world and our lifestyle, I'll stop into visit, but when the Nal leave Chel, I won't see her again."

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Aerisa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:36 am

Bery panted a bit from running all the way toward Grey, however it did not disminish her excitement in the least. "Yes, Sister?"

"Marzipan pointed me a stall nearby, it's a SUGARRY POTATO BUG stall!" As she talked, she took her hand in her own and dragged her toward the stall. "They're really delicious, you've only recently come to the underworld so we thought maybe you hadn't tasted it yet, so I thought I'd get you to try!" She turned toward the seller. "Two sugarry bugs, please!"

"I can kill and I do so frequently. Grey kills more often them me, she's trained to do so, I do it out of necessity. Occasionally for shits and giggles but mostly necessity." Marzipan frowned. His voice was emotionless, as if the matter was as boring as comparing the taste of two different kind of mushrooms. Dangerous...

"Ma'zerick... It's your name isn't it? I hope to take Bery to a place she can be safe. A family amongst the Nal'sarkoth are close friends of mine, the matriarch is a loving person, she will welcome our sister with open arms. If you'd like you may join her. The Lr'gans don't keep slaves, and they can offer you training, a job, and a home. You don't have to worry about her, she'll be safe from the world and our lifestyle, I'll stop in to visit, but when the Nal leave Chel, I won't see her again."

Marzipan opened his mouth, shocked. "How did you..." No. Later... "I'm not sure I'm interested in the kind of life they would offer me, once a criminal, always a criminal, I say... though here's a word of advice: Bery is stubborn as FUCK. From the way she looked at you.. I can tell she won't let you go that easily. You'll have to thread in careful..." He approached his face to Lok, looking into his eyes menacingly. "Because now she's MY family as well. And I won't allow ANYONE to break her heart again... not you, not anyone."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:26 am

Marzipan opened his mouth, shocked. "How did you...""I'm not sure I'm interested in the kind of life they would offer me, once a criminal, always a criminal, I say... though here's a word of advice: Bery is stubborn as FUCK. From the way she looked at you.. I can tell she won't let you go that easily. You'll have to thread in careful..." He approached his face to Lok, looking into his eyes menacingly. "Because now she's MY family as well. And I won't allow ANYONE to break her heart again... not you, not anyone."

Lok smiled, "I'll do my best not to hurt her." he said.

Grey was a bit surprised as Bery led her away. "Potato.... bug?" she asked not sure if she wanted to know if the translation was correct. "Wait, we should not stray far!" Grey was surprised at how forceful Bery could be when she was after something.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Tur'geis glanced over to his right where Bery and Grey were currently checking out a snack stand. A potato bug wouldn't be so bad right about now, come to think of it. "Yeah, they taste fantastic for something you find crawling around on the ground," Tur'geis told Grey as he broke away from the mounted squad to join the two. Tur'geis didn't care too much for the sweet ones but with the right seasonings he could eat them all day.

"Hey, I'll take one of the crab-stuffed potato bugs," said Tur'geis as he handed over some ada to the vendor. His favorite! "So...what are you planning to do with this new found freedom, Bery? You should enjoy it...many slaves and even some free drow would kill for what you just got," said Tur'geis, looking down at the former prostitute from his mount.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:36 am

Lok smiled, "I'll do my best not to hurt her."

"You better." He snorted, removing himself from in front of Lok. He walked in front of him in silence for a few moments before changing the subject. "You said you didn't mind killing, right? Do you do contract?"

"Potato.... bug?" Grey spoke, a little dumbfounded. "Wait, we should not stray far!"

"We won't! See, it's just there!" Bery pointed to a stall on the other side of the street, simultaenously dragging Grey toward it.

"Yeah, they taste fantastic for something you find crawling around on the ground,"

Tur'geis joined them on the way to the stand

"G'day to you, lord and ladies. Do you wish for some Potato Bugs? All locally raised and freshly killed!"

"Hey, I'll take one of the crab-stuffed potato bugs,"

"Two sugarry ones for us please!" Bery paid the stand holder before handing on bug to Grey. "Here! Don't be scared, it's really really good!" As she said so she took one big bite in her potato bug, which made a crunch sound under her teeth.

"So...what are you planning to do with this new found freedom, Bery? You should enjoy it...many slaves and even some free drow would kill for what you just got,"

Bery looked at Tur'geis. For some reason he didn't seem as intimidating when mounting his gigantic puppy-looking dog. "I'm still not certain..." Bery scratched the panting wolf between it's eyes, which caused it to shake it's tail wildly, nuzzling her arm gently. "I'm going to adopt a child, that much is for sure. Travel with Lok and Grey before setting down somewhere. Maybe on the surface, I don't know... I don't want to stay in Chel, at the very least."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:51 am

"Did you have someone in mind?" Lok asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked at Marzipan.

Grey reluctantly took a bite of the potato bug. She immediately regretted not trying one earlier. It was extremely good. "Thrish vry good!" she said through a mouthful of the sugary treat.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:52 am

"Festival food...best part of being on patrol this time of year!" Tur'geis took a large bite of the roasted insect, chewing as he thoughtfully regarded Bery's question. She kind of looked cute scratching his wolf like that. Usually he wouldn't allow non-clan members to handle his mount like that, but he'd let it slide for now.

“I hear you on Chel. There’s a good reason why I joined the Highland Raiders, you know. At least back home your opponents would look you in the face before they stabbed you,” he said finally after swallowing the mouthful of food. "Mana deprivation's a bitch...though I hear those Nal'sarkoth are setting up colonies on the surface." The cramped streets and what he saw as the excessive decadence of the civilized peoples disagreed with him, and Tur'geis was glad to be offered a post in the Highland Raiders before long. A post on a Sarghress surface colony would agree to him greatly. Tur'geis decided not to ask why she decided to adopt rather than having her own child. Perhaps Bery'lazuli was sterile.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:38 pm

"Did you have someone in mind?" The scrawny male raised an eyebrow.

"My parents." Marzy turned toward Lok, not giving him a second to object. "Now I heard the bullshit you fed to Bery, and if you want to feel this way about your parents it's FINE. But MINE? I served them, stole for them, made them richer... only for them to sell me into slavery the moment I got into trouble for serving THEM!" A fire burned into his eyes as he spoke, full of hatred and vengeance. "I gave them everything, only for them to toss me aside like a RAG! I will show them what it cost to betray ME... But I need help for that, which I think you would be able to provide..."

"Thrish vry good!" Grey bit into her potato bug all the more enthusiastically, making short work out of it.

"Festival food...best part of being on patrol this time of year!" Turgeis bit into his own potato bug, grinning at Grey before turning his attention back to Bery.

“I hear you on Chel. There’s a good reason why I joined the Highland Raiders, you know. At least back home your opponents would look you in the face before they stabbed you, Mana deprivation's a bitch...though I hear those Nal'sarkoth are setting up colonies on the surface."

"That's why I loved my job. A prostitute does not make blood flow, does not hurt anyone... her fortune revolves on making others feel good and happy." She looked into the air, dreaming a little bit. Perhaps, one day, this would be true again... "Ah yes, the colonies! One of my friend and her family are very much involved in setting them up! I'm not sure I'd like to join clan-backed colonies though. The Nal are a nice clan, but if things turn to worse in the underworld, maybe they won't be so nice to those on the overworld..."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:52 pm

"My parents."Lok frowned. "Now I heard the bullshit you fed to Bery, and if you want to feel this way about your parents it's FINE. But MINE? I served them, stole for them, made them richer... only for them to sell me into slavery the moment I got into trouble for serving THEM!" A fire burned into his eyes as he spoke, full of hatred and vengeance. "I gave them everything, only for them to toss me aside like a RAG! I will show them what it cost to betray ME... But I need help for that, which I think you would be able to provide..."

Lok's frown faded, replaced by a calculating look, ".... I'm going to need details. Where they are, what clans they have relations to, anything you can remember about them will help. I'll speak with Grey, we'll see what we can do." he looked Marzipan up and down. "We'll need time to scout the areas where they'll be and the like.... it won't happen with in the next moon turn, but we'll get it done... I assume you'd like to leave Bery out of the loop?"

*_*_*_*_*

Grey was busy eating her potato bug as Tur'geis and Bery discussed thoughts on the surface. "Surface was my home.... I would not wish to see it again soon..." she said, a somber expression on her face. Grey's memories of home were stained with blood and ash. She wasn't fond of them.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:38 am

Tur'geis listened on with interest as Bery spoke about her old job. "Hell, some friends and I did our part in keeping that place running." From his extensive experience with them in the Highland Raiders, most prostitutes weren't so by their own choice. Most were slaves or had debts to pay off. Tur'geis kept that fact in mind whenever he was with one. It certainly helped.

"If things go bad underground you'd be better off on the surface. You can get away with more up there away from the clan leaders," grunted Tur'geis. What he was saying could be construed as dangerously close to treason, but the Am'saag didn't care. "I'd go live there just to be away from people telling you what you can and can't do."

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Lok at first seemed displeased, however his disapproval faded as Marzipan told him of the shit they had put him through. ".... I'm going to need details. Where they are, what clans they have relations to, anything you can remember about them will help. I'll speak with Grey, we'll see what we can do. We'll need time to scout the areas where they'll be and the like.... it won't happen with in the next moon turn, but we'll get it done... I assume you'd like to leave Bery out of the loop?"

He snerked. "Obviously. The girl is a total goody-two-shoes. If you want, I'll fill the both of you in tonight after Bery has gone to bed... we'll be able to work out the terms of our partnership, as well.

"Hell, some friends and I did our part in keeping that place running."

"That is good! No matter how I feel about this place now, the fact remains it's one of the best Brothel in all of Chel. The service given by willing prostitutes like they have just can't be matched by any others."

"Surface was my home.... I would not wish to see it again soon..." Bery turned her head toward Grey, her empathy flooding her with the emotions of the white Elf. Sadness, loss, anger, all emotions she knew well. But there was one other... one she had never experienced.. an action? Yes, something Grey had done... she just couldn't tell what, however. She took Grey's hand in her own, smilling gently as she used her empathy to ease the Elf's sorrow.

"If things go bad underground you'd be better off on the surface. You can get away with more up there away from the clan leaders, I'd go live there just to be away from people telling you what you can and can't do."

"New powers would raise soon enough on the surface... but at least there everyone would get to eat. I always thought it was ironic how surface is always depicted as being a barren land, yet all of our best food comes from there."
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Grey felt her pain being relieved, she looked at Bery and smiled, "Thank you sister," she said, wrapping her arms around Bery, embracing her in a tender hug. "But my shame be one that must never fade, least I forget lesson it teach..." She let Bery go, a sad smile on her face. "I happy Lok found family beyond myself, I fear he having hard time retaining sense of self." she looked towards her mate, speaking with Marzipan. She frowned, she didn't like the looks on their faces.

Lok tilted his head at Marzipan, "Terms of Partnership? Marzipan, if these people are as bad you make them out to be, the three worlds will be better off without them." He continued past Marzipan, moving behind the rest of the Wolf Fangs. "We don't require payment for doing a service for family." he said as he walked past his "brother".

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay