The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Unlocking the Secrets of the Dragon's Sky-Island

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:56 am

Hi-ho!

Lets figure out how this island works, how it relates to our ship, and what sort of things goes on up there in sky-world. While I initially wanted to find mana plants, we didn't find any (strange!), and instead were directed towards the massive floater crystal core of the island that keeps it afloat and moving.

We've established the stone in the island and in our ship is the same.
We've established that so far there are no other mana sources on the island aside from the dragons themselves.
Which means there are no mana plants.
We've established the core is guided by the moons
Ze'carga did an experiment where they powered the core, but it didn't pull from them.
But we do know the core needs mana to move (at least on our ship!)

Help construct advices here to deal with this puzzle. I feel we may unlock great secrets!
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Re: Unlocking the Secrets of the Dragon's Sky-Island

Postby goblin6 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:20 pm

This is just a theory at the moment, but I believe these floating gems are somewhat sentient or at least possess some sort of parasitic properties. When we arrived at the dragon's island, a few others and I recharged our floating core as we had not done so in a long time, so at the time, it was logical to think that the ship's reserves were almost empty. But that was not the case, its mana reserves are not as depleted as we thought, and there were also signs of the crew becoming exhausted more then usual. So I theorized that the floating core is siphoning mana from the crew, or any nearby mana source to keep itself energized. If that is the case, the floating gems beneath the island must be doing the same thing, siphoning mana from the dragon inhabitants. Though it would require massive amounts of mana to keep an entire island afloat for centuries.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ash'arion on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:25 am

Why would you still say that you believe the crystals are siphoning mana from people when it was just established that they aren't? The dragons are the only source of mana on the island, which means either there's a lot of them, they have a lot of mana, or both. It's entirely possible that they have people whose job it is to charge the island's core, some kind of monthly/seasonal/annual/whatever ritual where they do it as a community, or something else to that effect.

That the airship and floating island cores are both the same kind and 'guided' by the moons points, in my opinion, to some kind of magic magnetism. This also means that the moons, or whichever one(s) is(are) controlling these things are full of a specific kind of mana. One thing we can try is to get smaller rocks and charge them up and see if we can get them to move each other.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Recent EA has revealed to us the leftover corpses of some dokkalfar (?) nobility! Ferals have also acquired onyx egg things as well.

I suspect the onyx egg things to be summons, we encountered something similar in the MA with the Jaal'darya.
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Return to Community Centre