The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

The Away Mission

Postby The_Blank on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 pm

this may have been answered elsewhere but do we know who was selected to go with the dragons?

I want to make sure that I'm voting for the appropriate action
The_Blank
Nether Spawn

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: The Away Mission

Postby goblin6 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:56 am

Don't know, GM said only ten of us will be going though seventeen people voted to volunteer. I've PM Suntiger and ask if he could tell us who went, waiting for his response.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Anyway who went ... we should coordinate our votings accordingly ^^ so this thread could serve the purpose. This week we already have 3-4 options for the mission. We should focus on 2 or we stretch ourselves too thin.
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby Ash'arion on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:31 am

Um, I volunteered.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby goblin6 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:34 pm

Okay, we're in. So what's the plan people? Some of us split into teams of two and went off in different direction. Still haven't receive a response from Suntiger or Kern on who's taking part on the expedition other then those shown in the LA. Here are those who are confirmed (or at least those I recognize) to be in the expedition based on this week's LA and EA:

Aleria
Sammael
Xenon
Fahir
Mirrvynn
Oplynache
Alkarasu
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby goblin6 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Might not help much, but maybe we can ask the dragons if they know anything about airport. They knew its location beforehand, so they must know something, even a little bit might help. As for specific rooms to look for, I think that's kind of obvious but I'll point it out anyway. Libraries, foundry, warehouse, archive, etc. Search for records logs, airship/golem blueprints, any and all forms of weapons and tech. And best to proceed with caution, stay alert for any booby traps and hostiles.

Here's some advices, up for grabs and changes if anyone deem it necessary. Open to other ideas if these are sufficient:

Find/disarm any booby traps & defense mechanisms, mark areas that are safe (74)

Look for archives. Search for records, logs, books, blueprints of airships (74) (Posted this advice myself)

Look for foundry/warehouse. Look for weapons, golems, tools & technologies (74)

Look for hangar bay. Find and inspect any airships found. (57)
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby goblin6 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:38 pm

This is an interesting discovery, we found flight records regarding Shifaye'Sindil, the Tei'kaliath ancestral home. This would suggest that at one point, our predecessor possess airship technology. I've already posted to do a thorough search for any other records concerning our old home. Nonetheless, we still need to search the rest of the airport for other valuables.

Can someone post to look for the hangar bay/storage/foundry? Airship, golem, any sort of tech that can be useful to us.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby goblin6 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:33 pm

People, we hit the mother load. We found another airship and this one seems like it's in good condition, hopefully good enough to fly us back home. Sadly, we only got one turn left and as much as it pains me, realistically we can't bring the ship with us. Currently, there's only twenty of us in this expedition, ten TKs and ten dragons. It takes a whole day for a group of twenty people to recharge the floating core and in the past few turns, everything that transpired happen in less then a day and the dragons with us are getting restless and want to go home. Plus, the airport buried under tons of rubble and snow, so we're going to have a hard time to open the hangar door.

Others posted in the shoutbox that we should remove key components needed to turn the ship on and take it with us. If we cannot get the ship working and fly it home, it may have to come to that.

Edit: As of this post, Xenon already posted in the LA to reseal the entrances to the hangar bay and airport. We don't want anyone find the place much less get their hands on the ship. We'll have to come back another time to retrieve it, hopefully it'll still be there when we come back. As for me, I'm posting this advice:

Inspect ship if it's working, if not take key components ship needs to work
(75)

As I said, no way we can get the ship back on with just twenty people. And even if we did, it would be impossible for us to dig through countless tons of rubble and snow without compromising the airport's structural integrity.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Ash'arion on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:51 am

Everything fae made is powered with mana, which we'd be able to detect. Something as big as a working airship, we'd be able to detect from a distance. If you haven't already gotten a vote on your option, maybe suggest removing power couplings (the parts that hold the core to the system) instead of checking for functionality? Like you said, we can't get it out even if it did work, so there's no point in finding out.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Return to Community Centre