The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Mana Arts Development Team

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Ah, my apologies then as I thought if we aimed it at him, we'd hurt him unnecessarily. ^^;

However, can he manifest nether energy separate of himself is now the questions?
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Catriana on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:05 pm

I think when it comes to testing the flute to confirm whether or not it can be used on nether, we should approach Anj'hali. She is the only one who knows anything about the subject.

This page was where I ascertained the idea that we could test the flute on the energies pulled from a source, as opposed to hitting the person dead on. If we can test it on pulled energy, ensuring we can seal it if anything goes wrong, we may be able to test the flute without harming the individual. It is something worth looking into, but not wholly necessary.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Plus that would kill two birds with one stone as we could test the flute as well as practice sealing. *smallsmile*

But let us ask first, like Cat said.
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:10 am

minalia wrote:Actually that relic bracelet will not kill the user if said user is in a mana rich environment. Our current home city mana environment is rich enough

Ama'varde is still a mana-poor environment.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby minalia on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Hard time believing that when we spent 7 years building mana parks and planting more and more mana plants and that we can now use more elemental spells then before and that we also got almost 8 meters tall golems moving around at home. Even giants ones with ease.
The clan wrote that action to do everything it could to increase its mana rich environment to obtain the mana teachers from the Nal's clans. We followed every indication to the letter back then to increase our mana output. Hell we even made a deal with the Jaals to keep sending those mana vines to further increase our mana output in all them houses.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Catriana on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Believe it.

It takes years for the mana plants we had to even reach maturity. And while yes, they do produce mana, it would still be considered a mana poor environment with the population that we have, including the fact that it is ever growing thanks to those pesky things like reproduction and immigration.

But holy crap Min, Thalar was the freaking GM up until the current timeline and you're telling her, the person who was writing the scripts, who knows the status of our colony, and all of what we built that you don't believe her? Seriously? Where's your proof that we would have a mana rich environment?

Edit: There's also this, which further elaborates on our mana situation.
Last edited by Catriana on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jaibyrd on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Except you forget Min: Even still our population isn't that big (and now most of us are off from the colony on the airship, no?), mana plants help and we have a bunch everywhere but they don't make as much as a full-grown Drow puts out.

Plus we are not underground where there is no where for the mana to escape to. Even with trees and houses, we still probably lose a ton just floating off on the wind or straight up or whatever. We have a stable mana environment, but I would hesitate to call it 'rich' after only 14 years on the surface.

Thus until we get our population into the tens of thousands, we will not have a mana-rich environment any time soon in Ama'varde.
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Regardless it does not really matter. Once we returned me and a few colleagues will experiment with that mana bracelet relic to fully understands the basic mechanics and reproduce some parts of this to improve the mana cannon project. We will put this to the test. The target will be a empty anchored boat at around 50 meters from the harbor. If the subject dies once the shot is fired we will still obtain the data we need to further the mana cannon research project.

I tend to doubt everything since a lot of facts tend to change with time and that with different GM's means different rules. What was forbidden back then is now available now. And that my discussions with ST on some projects i wanted to do that was said to be possible with Thalar has now been deemed next to impossible by ST due to new rules imposed by Kern. The only way to be sure of this info is to put it to the test and analyse the results in comic. That's how i tend to ensure the clan obtains new tools and abilities by continually testing new tech and sorceries whenever we are lead to believe we may have learned something new.

One of the current projects involve testing if we have learned water sorcery. We now have a few water foci's courtesy of dead mimians. Might be time to test a few folks if they got this affinity since our climate gear armors NEED folks with this affinity in order to mass produce water foci's as part of the armor golem make up to make it all work. I will ask Scylla to do this testing next week if NO ONE else wants to volunteers to do this.

And one last note. I will be asking Ombreh to begin testing blood arts to be added on the healers training to be applied on the worst wounded to see if this can also speed up the healing. We have not even done 1 single action using this element so far.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jaibyrd on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:50 pm

I don't care what safeguards you think you have in place, I will veto any such research of that damn braclete period. It is a bomb, it will kill the user, and again, you all seem to forget we've researched this stuff before.
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Catriana on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:54 pm

minalia wrote:And one last note. I will be asking Ombreh to begin testing blood arts to be added on the healers training to be applied on the worst wounded to see if this can also speed up the healing. We have not even done 1 single action using this element so far.

Is that something we would even know how to do? The healers are skilled with mending bones and helping the healing process via mana, but I've yet to see anything in the comic or outside of it about blood sorcery.
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Have you even talked with the GM's on how the thing works? Does it release the effects as a bomb or is it a massive mana blast cone attack to a general direction? Our knowledge has increased over the years so maybe it might be time to maybe spend some time studying those relics again. Feel free to veto it if you want to. We still need to unlock the mechanisms in how they work to make similar items in the future even if they only get 1/4 of the real thing potential due to how crude they might be compared to old dokkalfar tech its at least worth doing some research.

I have had confirmation from ST that our clan has learned and mastered blood arts for healing. I can send you the PM of my conversation i had with ST on this subject if you wish to read it for yourself. It is only meant for healing it not meant for combat that was the proposed ability our clan gained over time.

Edited, I have sent a pm to ST concerning the bracelet true nature in how it acts. It is a weapon of last resort but his answers may direct us into how we should use it when we are forced to rely on desperate means to win a battle at all cost.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dalvyserran on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:11 pm

But do we have blood foci? Or a blood user?
Height Chart for various races
Cameo appearances catalog

Beldrobbaen San'dellora Dizen'ralith House
Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sullisin'rune Min'issya - Ash'mita
Sharen Daksha'yani - Chigusa
Illhar'dro Mersedeh - Sasarai
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Catriana on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Huh? We studied all of the relics, bracelet, staff, and flute. We analyzed and tested them at least a few different turns at the clan's insistence. There really isn't anything we don't know about the relics, save for the staff, and that's because it started leaking nether when we ran tests on it. The ONLY thing we do not know about the bracelet is whether or not the destructive effects can be controlled. We know it will likely kill the user, we know it draws upon a ridiculous amount of mana to produce destructive effects.

I don't really care if you want to grab the thing and give it a shot, if you want to ignore the risks that's on you. Just do it far, far away from the colony and/or the airship. I don't really see how it matters how it destroys something, considering, but the page I've linked earlier says 'In turn providing an effect of unimaginable destruction'.

Furthermore, it's great that you know all of these 'behind the scenes' things, but if the clan as a whole knows nothing about them, don't be surprised when it's not used (ie: Blood sorcery). It's easy to be accusing when you have knowledge no one else does.

So fine, if you want to beat the relic issue to death whatever, but if your actions do not include conducting those tests far, far away from the clan in any compacity, Jai'byrd won't be the only one vetoing it.

To Dalv: In comic when we tried to get people to teach us more about the different mana affinities, we were told time and time again that no teacher would be able to come to our clan and stay for any significant amount of time because of our low mana pool and their high age. I'm honestly not sure how ST is running things now, and we never received the list of everything we learned and acquired over the time skip. So unless it's specifically stated, it'd be best to err on the side of caution, IMO.
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dalvyserran on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:46 pm

I take it we have to go to Chel (less than 1 million people...) or even Nuqrah to obtain the kind of area-wide mana we need to do these things? Unsure about Felde or Sha'shi, but foreign colonies are going to be similar to ours: too few mana from too few people willing to colonize. Barring political implications.

Because that's looking like it's the dealbreaker for these relics.

I'm really in no big rush to test them, mainly because we're no where near a large source of mana that these are calling for
Height Chart for various races
Cameo appearances catalog

Beldrobbaen San'dellora Dizen'ralith House
Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sullisin'rune Min'issya - Ash'mita
Sharen Daksha'yani - Chigusa
Illhar'dro Mersedeh - Sasarai
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby goblin6 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:I take it we have to go to Chel (less than 1 million people...) or even Nuqrah to obtain the kind of area-wide mana we need to do these things? Unsure about Felde or Sha'shi, but foreign colonies are going to be similar to ours: too few mana from too few people willing to colonize. Barring political implications.

Because that's looking like it's the dealbreaker for these relics.

I'm really in no big rush to test them, mainly because we're no where near a large source of mana that these are calling for

Only the bracelet requires an area with a high concentration of mana to even be usable without draining the user dry of his/her mana reserve to the point of death. Even then, I have to agree with Lua'nar and Cat, I'm not entirely sure if we can even control the bracelet's effect. And if things go wrong, I hate to see the aftermath.

But the flute on the other hand is safe enough to use, regardless of the mana level of the immediate area. Unfortunately, we cannot replicate it. So next time we head home and depart, we should bring the flute with us.

Note 1: Did a little digging on if we are able to use blood foci or not. And unfortunately, I couldn't find where in the forums it was mentioned we can use blood foci. I vaguely remember Thalar (or maybe it was Kern or suntiger) said it in the shoutbox back when we got ths airship. All I remember is that we can use blood foci for healing, but we are not proficient enough to use it for combat. Point is, if we don't have proof from the GM that we can use blood foci, then we don't have it. Or we can just post an advice to practice blood foci and see if we do.
Last edited by goblin6 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre