The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: ~*~ PtP Make a Holiday Contest ~*~

Postby Ash'arion on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:08 pm

horusre wrote:Doom arigato. He or she will most certainly brighten our lives, and change our lives dramatically... All for the better I might add.

Keep that in mind when the screaming starts and doesn't stop for hours.

... Seriously though, congratulations. I wish the two of you the best in raising the new addition to your family.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby horusre on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Ash'arion wrote:
horusre wrote:Doom arigato. He or she will most certainly brighten our lives, and change our lives dramatically... All for the better I might add.

Keep that in mind when the screaming starts and doesn't stop for hours.

... Seriously though, congratulations. I wish the two of you the best in raising the new addition to your family.

Dealing with the unhappiness of my child is the duty and the glory of being a parent. Thankfully I am blessed with an abundance of patience, especially where those that matter in my life are concerned. With any luck our child shall be as my wife and I both were at that age, mostly happy and not prone to such multiple hours of wailing. Knock on Woods.

Thank you for your concern and well wishes.
Bellum omnium contra omnes. Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse. Inter arma enim silent leges. Sic semper tyrannis. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nuff said?
horusre
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby Jaibyrd on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:52 am

Hello again!

I'm somewhat surviving my first trimester and teaching through it, but I finally got all the submissions to the judges for us all to make a ruling.

And let me say it was not easy. We had to pull in another judge other than Catriana and Thalar, which was Runes to help as all of the submissions were so good we had such a hard time choosing.

In the end we were left with two winners that were so strong on both ends it was hard to say one was better than the other.

Thus, the winners are:

HorusRe for his Spring Auspice, which was an extremely well rounded holiday celebrating the turning of the seasons (Winter to Spring) were families come together around a living tree outside, exchange gifts and feast to name just a little of this holiday. All the judges picked this as a top choice.

And the other winner is...

Tsukiko with her Sune'abbil, a winter holiday deep in the season were friends get together and cheer each other up to say just a little. I'd like to mention that not only did she come up with the holiday, she cooked her own recipes and sent me the photo of her handy-work as well as drew out dance steps for the dances featured in the holiday! She really went above and beyond in sheer amount of work.

Which is why we all couldn't decide between these two and thus they both win.

Other top picks:

Summerlight by Dalvyserran and Winter Flags by Rilla

Great work all around everyone and for the winners, Kern will be contacting you shortly about your prizes. *wee*

Thanks for playing and sorry this took so long on my end!

(Baby just won't let me eat... ^^; )
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tsukiko on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
You cannot imagine how many times I had to re-read the previous post before believing my eyes...
I have no word to express how strange but happy I feel. *blush* *blush* *blush*
Thank you again for the contest itself, for your investisment (all four of you of course)!
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest drow.
Tsukiko
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Catriana on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:34 pm

No problem Tsukiko. As judges we had no idea who submitted what (they were numbered with no author names) but your holiday definitely stood out. And it had romance! I'm a sucker for romance ;)

Congrats to you both, and a hearty thanks to everyone who submitted. There were some really great submissions and it was clear how much hard work and effort went into them.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Community Centre