The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: ~*~ PtP Make a Holiday Contest ~*~

Postby goblin6 on Mon May 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Jaibyrd wrote:
Leonis wrote:Does the event have to be strictly "TK"/Drow? I am thinking about a festival for remembering the Ferals.

Um... I suppose, but to what point? To do so would be excluding part of the Clan.

I mean, this holiday is for EVERYONE, not just Drow or Ferals as I consider both species part of what it means to be Tei'Kaliath. Holidays should be for everyone. Something to bring us all together. Why ruin such an endeavor with promoting one race over the other? :(

Thus I won't deny such an entry, but at the same time I would not be pleased to see such an entry either and I'm pretty sure that's how the other judges will view it as well. ^^;

Why not something akin to a multicultural festival? Our clan is no longer strictly composed of native Tei'kaliaths; we also got laths, ssus, mims, halfbloods and ferals. A holiday that celebrates the many different backgrounds and cultures that has come under a single roof that is the Tei'kaliath, for it is diversity that makes our clan stronger.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Jaibyrd on Mon May 27, 2013 10:20 pm

An excellent suggestion Goblin!! XD
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Timotheus on Tue May 28, 2013 9:01 am

Well, we did briefly consider "No Pants Friday", but that didn't seem to receive much interest. And city founding day was declined because we couldn't decide when the city was founded and Kern wouldn't tell us. And the Running of the Tiktikkies was rather quickly swept under the table.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Ash'arion on Tue May 28, 2013 9:34 am

Timotheus wrote:Well, we did briefly consider "No Pants Friday", but that didn't seem to receive much interest.

Huh. Weird. You'd think in a drow community starving for a population boost, the idea of "No Pants, Except Friday" would have caught on pretty well.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby horusre on Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 am

Timotheus wrote:And city founding day was declined because we couldn't decide when the city was founded and Kern wouldn't tell us.

Do you you really need a definitive date? Can't you just have a celebration regarding the founding of Ama'varde and leave the specifics of dates nebulous? Besides, nothing here gets denied, it just has to compete with the other submissions. So really, if that is deemed desireable as a holiday than someone should present it to Jai.
Bellum omnium contra omnes. Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse. Inter arma enim silent leges. Sic semper tyrannis. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nuff said?
horusre
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby Rilla Treespirit on Tue May 28, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm thinking of celebrating the day Anjhali first arrived at our young colony to lead us in person once more, the day we first got to show her our beautiful colony and achievements. I'd consider it a pretty significant day to our people and we have the advantage of knowing the exact date, it was during the second moon, day 5, in the winter. Now I just have to decide how exactly to celebrate it.
Ptp: Oplynache Zerr'andaes *Steals all shinies. Buries all shinies. Grins manically* Mine all mine!
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Leonis on Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm

My "Feral Festival" idea was somewhat of a "Memorial Day" for Mirual and Orrul and the others. They never got anything. We were working to figure something out to help honor them, but nothing was ever decided before the time skip.

I suppose that some sort of general Memorial/Military Rememberance Day might be a nice thing. This was just a thought.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Rilla Treespirit on Tue May 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Hmm, are we allowed to submit more than one entry?
Ptp: Oplynache Zerr'andaes *Steals all shinies. Buries all shinies. Grins manically* Mine all mine!
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Catriana on Tue May 28, 2013 5:07 pm

A suggestion: There's been quite a few contests for various clan events it seems, so one idea could be to combine a mix into one. There's nothing saying you can't have various events.

This was in no way influenced by the potential idea of a pantless holiday.

Edit: @Rilla, I would like to say you can as the more the merrier, but the ultimate authority would be Jai'byrd.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu May 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Rilla Treespirit wrote:Hmm, are we allowed to submit more than one entry?

Sorry for the wait on answering this! I've been so busy with getting my students through their finals! ^^;

Yes, you can submit more than one entry.
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:58 pm

BUMP

I only have three entries! I need more!! ;)
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Well then now you have four. I don't intend it as a joke, it's the type of holiday I've always dreamed of having, but I guess it could be mistaken as such.

I'm still working on another one! Having a hard time working out the details.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Cool!

No worries, you have until the end of the month, was just poking people. *bigsmile*
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Dalvyserran on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:36 pm

finally got around to sending mine
Height Chart for various races
Cameo appearances catalog

Beldrobbaen San'dellora Dizen'ralith House
Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sullisin'rune Min'issya - Ash'mita
Sharen Daksha'yani - Chigusa
Illhar'dro Mersedeh - Sasarai
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Jaibyrd on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:finally got around to sending mine

Got it! Thanks! *bigsmile*

And I got yours too Rilia!
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre