The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: 130515 Recuperating

Postby minalia on Fri May 17, 2013 11:46 am

The wargolem will be a 2 piloted one since using AI will only hamper on its operations when it comes to making snap on decisions in how things can go from bad to worse. My character fully understands the limits of her golems limited intelligence so its easy to say that she won't put the life of her clan people at the hands of a very primitive artificial intelligence that cannot adapt fast enough to quick to change battle conditions.

Still i want all the gem's anyway as for the Fremen mist suit. It's meant to well..create a artificial layer of mana using the sealer gems in the gloves to capture all ambient mana from the emissions of the body of the user and recirculate it around the suits built in air pockets in gas like mist form that will not harm the user. It's kinda meant as a means to delay mana deprivation but i understand it won't work as good as a sargress survival armor but if i can get something that even works 1/3 or even 1/4 as good as what the Sargs have i will consider that a success.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Finn MacCool on Fri May 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Timotheus wrote:"The huge ballista does fit on the deck, barely. If it is kept as is it will interfere with movement on the deck meaning you can't move around freely anymore."

The other Question concerning the big ballista is could it be disassembled (fully or partially) and stored below without causing major problems in the ship's cargo areas. I realize that it would be useless for firing from the air this way, but it sounds like it will be a major hassle if mounted and not really of much use, it's accuracy being suspect and liable to affect the ship's stability. We'll be better off with the four smaller ballista and a free deck for other actions involving golems, gliders, and other weapons.

didn't you have a plan for making the ballista less bulky?
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Timotheus on Fri May 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Maybe there's been a miscommunication here but when it comes to flying there aren't really any already existing objects aside from the airships (and the floaters, which does not rely on being aerodynamic).

No misunderstanding, the comment was meant to be taken in context of I don't want to be redesigning or copying in detail something that exists in the REAL world when there is no point to that degree of detail.

I am aware of the game's restraints on creative development and I'm trying to work within it as you've proscribed. We have had four legged birds, bat winged dragons (upon which drow have flown) numerous created beings with wings, ethereal flying beings, and floating objects to inspire us along with sails, flags, banners, cloaks, curtains, windmills, paddle wheels, wind magic, lift mana, hot air balloons (or at least air bags), levitation, whatever Kern has passing for Drow steampunk, and many rather intricate and complex mana/mechanical devices-hidden-inside-a-covering-so-we-don't-have-to-pretend-to-show-how-they-might-work to provide us with technical background and observational knowledge. And I believe I've tried to provide some suggested methods (both silly and serious) by which we could develop the other skills and abilities needed. So you just keep saying "FROG" and I'll keep hopping.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Ash'arion on Fri May 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Suntiger wrote:The deal could have been aranged during the days at the outpost, the only issue there is that the cousin doesn't have the bulk iron at hand, it would have to be delivered from the mine the Nal operates. It would take about two weeks to reach the outpost, or it could be delivered to Ama'varde though then the delivery time would be increased.
This outpost isn't a mining outpost, it deals mostly in surface goods (especially food, dyes and fabrics, though the war is impacting some parts of that) and relic hunting gear with some minor and more exclusive business like gems, golems and ferals.

Well that's... disappointing. I was under the impression that Amavarde had its own supplies of metal and the only reason Ash went out for some here is due to the limitations of what were actually brought on board the airship. The basic plan was to push ahead a little further at every pit stop even though Minalia and some others really don't want to make any more, I doubt we can avoid a lot though; and also at our main destination if it turns out to be peaceful or empty but more or less intact. I was hoping for enough to approximate the weight of a full-size mana cannon so we'd know what we're working with in terms of mount and bracing development.

Also the "all three" in my latest advice was meant to cover the metal, gems and foci. Like the metal and gems, the foci can be used for other things aside from the mana cannon until project completion (doubtless some months from now), for instance, powerful or numerous metal foci can be used to help patch the airship's hull and wind foci (one of the cannons' components) can be used to push off intruders should we face a boarding, or some such.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby goblin6 on Fri May 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeah, being unable to produce our own raw minerals was the reason why the miner class was all but officially dead back in PTP2. The nearest possible iron vein is located east of our city. A one way trip takes about a week to get there, I know cause I did it, though complication arose and we had to abandon halfway and return home. So from then on, we had to rely on the Nals and the dvergars to supply us with raw minerals.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Ash'arion on Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Oh. Well in that case, all is well with the deal and we can just hope the iron and steel will be waiting for us when we get back home.
Ash-

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Sat May 18, 2013 3:02 am

Should we consider an LA option in which we take everyone home? I don't really wanna go back after all this, BUT, if our wounded can only fully heal by returning home, shouldn't we consider their health?
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Ash'arion on Sat May 18, 2013 3:07 am

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:Should we consider an LA option in which we take everyone home? I don't really wanna go back after all this, BUT, if our wounded can only fully heal by returning home, shouldn't we consider their health?

We can continue on and confine the wounded to the airship. The point of the lasting duration of the injuries is to drive home just how serious the consequences of acting without a plan or in ways open to backlash are, I think.
Ash-

Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Sat May 18, 2013 3:20 am

Ash'arion wrote:
Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:Should we consider an LA option in which we take everyone home? I don't really wanna go back after all this, BUT, if our wounded can only fully heal by returning home, shouldn't we consider their health?

We can continue on and confine the wounded to the airship. The point of the lasting duration of the injuries is to drive home just how serious the consequences of acting without a plan or in ways open to backlash are, I think.

I guess that makes some sense, I just don't wanna risk their lives or their odds of recovery if continuing the trip can be bad for them. Also, if we get attacked, we'll now have a ship full of wounded to defend (granted, we're not looking for trouble, but ya never know what we may encounter)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby minalia on Sat May 18, 2013 3:51 am

IF those wounded folks die. They can just snap their fingers and make a new character without any wounds or disabilities. I am sorry if what i just wrote offends folks but the folks who are injured are those who were shown in comic. Those folks know their characters are messed up. If they value their character lives they will not put their characters in danger for the next few months. They just will have to help on research and dev. options. Vote on simple protect the airship options by manning the range weapons or anything that won't put them into the direct melee range of enemy soldiers.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Ash'arion on Sat May 18, 2013 4:01 am

I'd leave out that last one. Recent experience shows that manning the deck ballistae isn't exactly a safe course of action either.
Ash-

Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Postby Catriana on Sat May 18, 2013 7:17 am

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:
Ash'arion wrote:

I guess that makes some sense, I just don't wanna risk their lives or their odds of recovery if continuing the trip can be bad for them. Also, if we get attacked, we'll now have a ship full of wounded to defend (granted, we're not looking for trouble, but ya never know what we may encounter)

Does it matter? Whether they're on the ship or not, we'd still be undermanned.

Edit: Further clarification - If we can heal them on the ride there then that's great. I'd like to do that personally. But if we have to leave them behind, then we have to leave them behind. Either way, we won't have enough warriors for another encounter. The simple solution then is to try our best to avoid conflict and continue on our exploratory journey. Also, if the enemy has boarded the ship, we've got a lot more issues at hand than the wounded in medical.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby goblin6 on Sat May 18, 2013 3:02 pm

We have about 30+ wounded, does not mean 30+ players are out of commission and their characters cannot participate in future activities until they make a full recovery. Seven characters of active players were shown (me included) in both the LA and EA, the rest are faceless. We are a crew of 300+, we may be down by one-tenth, but we still got the remaining 270+. We can always train other crewman as backup reserves.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Catriana on Sat May 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Except only a small percentage of that 300 are active. We can't force inactive people to be active, so they might as well not be there except for shipboard count purposes.

And I'm not going to jump to any conclusions concerning vote options for the wounded. I'll wait until the GMs make a verdict on that one.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby goblin6 on Sun May 19, 2013 3:10 am

I think we're looking at the roster mechanic in the wrong way. I don't mean we got 270 other players to cover for the ones that are injured. The characters are out, but the players of those characters can still play, it's just that their characters won't be shown doing anything productive until their character fully heal. A player with an injured character can post an advice, doesn't mean his/her character is shown doing whatever they posted, the GMs will pick someone else to do it. That's my guess, I've posted an advice to test that idea.
goblin6
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre