The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

130424 Nightfall

Postby suntiger745 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 pm

The event archive didn't contain any options about the decision to stay or go, but there was a pretty clear winner in the leader archive when the time came to write the event script.
If Kern chooses to touch on the decision process the leader archvie might show events taking place before this page chronologically. It might then leapfrog ahead of this page too. We'll see how things play out.
Just want to give a heads up that the chronological and publishing order might be a little out of whack. ;)

As the evening settles the warriors are setting up a peremiter further out than the initial one, to get more warning of any hosiles coming their way.
The scouts/FSF are also deployed while Mili muses that the antagonists might be from the clan of a certain redhead.

Next we see Xenon and Noh passing Brooke as she stands guard at the outer peremiter. They are going towards the ballista set up on the cliff ledge to make sure any hostile scouts won't make it back with a report about the tei'kaliath.

Minalia is planning to build a golem purpose made for melee fighting. However, she has now been awake for over two days straight and it's taking its toll.

Powder has once more sneaked back to the Nal outpost, this time with a message for the leader about the seemingly imminent attack.
The lady in question, who was getting ready for bed, is quite surprised and not at all happy to hear that bit of news.

And finally the scouts make contact with their counterparts among the hostiles. Sama'ri was about to get a fatal first contact with the enemy scouts but thanks to a pouncing Daven, she survives.
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Re: 130424 Nightfall

Postby Dalvyserran on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 pm

We made the first shot, sending them a message that we are indeed hostile.

Best prepare to get fired on by the ballista(s) if any of you put up an option to move the ship
Height Chart for various races
Cameo appearances catalog

Beldrobbaen San'dellora Dizen'ralith House
Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sullisin'rune Min'issya - Ash'mita
Sharen Daksha'yani - Chigusa
Illhar'dro Mersedeh - Sasarai
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby goblin6 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:We made the first shot, sending them a message that we are indeed hostile.

Best prepare to get fired on by the ballista(s) if any of you put up an option to move the ship

We also station some of our own scouts close by to the ballista base to ensure none of the enemy scouts make it back to report. It's also night time and foggy, they be wasting ammo firing blind. Suntiger said it himself, they intend to harm one of our own and are looking for our ship's position. We cannot take any chances or afford to hold back and let the enemy take the initiative.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby suntiger745 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Well, part of it is panel/art limitation. The enemy scout was going to shoot first, he just didn't get the chance.

If Reza had 12 clones of himself that all worked on PTP I would have set up the last panel alone something like this:
Panel of the enemy scout, moving at a slight crouch.
Panel of Daven climbing up a some rocks and/or a small tree.
Panel of Sama'ri crouching slightly by a tree, leaning out to peek arounf the trunk.
Panel of the enemy scout Noticing Sama'ri and bringing his crossbow up.
Small panel of Daven's ear twitching or perking as he notice the enemy scout.
Panel as it appears in the comic.
Panel of Daven landing of the shoulders of the enemy scout, clapping one hand over his mouth.
Smaller panel shwoing Daven ripping the throat out of the enemy with the claws of his other hand.
Panel of Daven licking his claws clean fastidiously as Sama'ri hurries up with a surprised look.

You can pretty much apply the same process to all the panels/options.
I would have liked to show the warriors moving the peremiter out in a couple of panels.
Likewise, showing Alkarasu shaking Minalia awake and getting her inside the ship for some proper sleep.
Having the Lady read An'jhali's message that Powder was carrying and then throw on a thicker robe to go and wake up more people.
About 5-7panels for each of those.

And while I'm wishing things anyway I'd also like a baby gryphon. :P
Until then though, I'll have to keep truncating to fit things into the comic and then elaborate in these posts. :)
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Postby Dalvyserran on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:07 pm

goblin6 wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:We made the first shot, sending them a message that we are indeed hostile.

We also station some of our own scouts close by to the ballista base to ensure none of the enemy scouts make it back to report. It's also night time and foggy, they be wasting ammo firing blind. Suntiger said it himself, they intend to harm one of our own and are looking for our ship's position. We cannot take any chances or afford to hold back and let the enemy take the initiative.

Darkness does not stop drow from attacking. Also, just the fact that the scouts aren't returning is enough to alert them and assume they're dead. They knew enough of our location to move ballista in that direction, despite the mist.
Height Chart for various races
Cameo appearances catalog

Beldrobbaen San'dellora Dizen'ralith House
Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sullisin'rune Min'issya - Ash'mita
Sharen Daksha'yani - Chigusa
Illhar'dro Mersedeh - Sasarai
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby minalia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:11 pm

We live in the dark caverns for over centuries. The darkness of the night is nothing like in the deep dark underworld darkness since we got infra red vision and the ferals can see in the night since they are got the same type eyes cats have. This night time turn is the perfect time for a major ambush or to get ambushed. A shame my character is to busy catching her beauty sleep to do anything this turn. I will get some folks to do things on my stead. XD ST, will the next turn be during the middle of the night or during morning of the following day?
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby suntiger745 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 pm

Depends on what options gets posted.
Something related directly to the enemy scouts is likely going to take place during the night or early morning.
It's still a game of cat and mouse between their and your scouts at the moment.

Improving the peremiter fortifications would take longer and would likely be around midday the next day (at which time Minalia should be awake again btw, for reference).
The Nal'sarkoth outpost getting ready would also take until at least midday, probably longer*.

Also, they won't be moving the ballista very far. The terrain is too uneven to move it much outside the ledge where they set it up, especially considering the large size of it.
Remember, An'jhali also specified to move the airship out of both sight and range after they turned the ballista towards the ship.
Even if she misjudged the range of it there's still a cliff between the airship and the ballista.

*They could have a small fighting force ready pretty quickly but to set things up properly for an attack or a siege it would require more time to prepare.
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Postby Ash'arion on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:31 am

So there's going to be a probing strike team, probably 1-2 squad(s) before dawn. We can let them find the outer edges of our perimeter and suffer the consequences, thereby depriving the ballista base of that team. Our sentries should be smart enough to take them down before they get a flare off. I still believe that since we're now committed to this, the plan of action I had previously posted would be the best way to ensure victory on our clan's part and mitigate both our and the Nals' losses. I understand it's a bit extensive, but it should also afford a large number of people some screentime, make everybody feel useful, and demonstrate what the clan is capable of when we work as a team like we're supposed to. If necessary, the group actions can be split between the LA and the EA so as not to overwhelm either GM or artist.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:59 am

minalia wrote: A shame my character is to busy catching her beauty sleep to do anything this turn. I will get some folks to do things on my stead. XD

Oh, I can happily continue on this (even if my character is not engineer-based, he still has understanding of golems thanks to his arm. Plus, I really REALLY want to get those golems on the move *wee* )

Preparations for possible tactics and manouvers can happen, sure, but taken in how short time one page generally is in these kind of situations, I don't believe we're going to see any real action on the next update(s).
Still, unless someone can come up with better plan, Ash has a good long-term plan there. Naturally it would evolve as it would move, adapt to enemy movements and such, but really... Do we have any other ideas to follow here anyway?
Elhvir - Ex-mercenary from Chel, PtP
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Timotheus on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 pm

We're still not sure these are enemies people. We may be pretty sure, but that isn't ABSOLUTELY sure. Let's not dig any graves too deeply if we don't have to.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Ash'arion on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:19 pm

If we don't leave any survivors other than those surrendered to slavery, we don't need to worry about who's aligned to whom. Besides, as has been mentioned on several occasions now, this event isn't significant enough to doom us into a war we could have avoided. Any complications beyond who's here and what we intend to do to them are only those we made up in our own minds.
Ash-

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Postby goblin6 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Any diplomatic solution went out the window the moment we killed one of the enemy's scout. If we weren't enemies before, we are now. Plus it's kinda hard to forgive and listen to the other guy when he just killed one of your own. Besides, they were about to shoot one of us, that's enough for me to know where they stand in regards to us.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Once we neutralize the enemy, I highly recommend taking the offensive ballistas for our airship.
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Ash'arion on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 pm

That would be cool, but they're far too big. Airship ballistae get posted on the upper deck, where people also go to observe their surroundings. Additionally, mounts have to be built for them. From scratch.
Ash-

Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Salvaging the ballistae on the ship would work, IF we had tons of resources, few weeks of time and really good plan how to mount them onto sides or half-way inside the hull itself.

Now, as people in the chatbox mentioned, salvaging the materials for other projects (like the wargolem building for example) would actually work.
In fact, putting up an option for it.
Elhvir - Ex-mercenary from Chel, PtP
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Community Centre