The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Ballista Outpost recon mission

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Catriana wrote:Xenon: My account is re-activated, and I voted. I figure a healer with battle experience would be useful.

AWWSUUMMMMMMMMMMM!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Let's go be big gorram heroes!
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kear'Naun on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Leonis wrote:The FSF and DA have been training for a mission very similar to this. So Mirtis will of course attempt to lead it. Regardless of how it ACTUALLY turns out. Whether he is able to or not...

Edited to try to get rid of snark.

I am sorry. I have been away on Military Orders this whole weekend, and the EA was locked so I couldn't post the advice to have the FSF and DA investigate before I left I am frustrated that it was posted in my absence.

In order to attempt to not be terribly snappy, I have come up with a light "alternate" LA. I also want to remind people that honestly the LA is supposed to be for interacting with NPC's. Stuff done just among the characters is supposed to go in the EA.

Edited to Further add: This advice really did belong in the EA, not the LA. EA is where you do stuff. LA is where you talk to and interact with NPCs.

Sorry I posted that advice up so quick. I understand you why you aren't terrible happy with the situation. Sorry. *sighs* And I just got feedback from Suntiger. I'm not worried about equipment anymore, but now I'm slightly worried about the teams in general. Since, to quote the PM, the outpost team will be handled in EA and the ballista team will be handled in LA. This whole archive split confuses me greatly, as if the various options in both archives weren't enough to start with ... *pulls hair* ... I honestly have no idea what to do right now. Voted for the ballista team advice in LA now as well ... I just don't know anymore ...
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Leonis on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Kear'Naun wrote:
Leonis wrote:The FSF and DA have been training for a mission very similar to this. So Mirtis will of course attempt to lead it. Regardless of how it ACTUALLY turns out. Whether he is able to or not...

I am sorry. I have been away on Military Orders this whole weekend, and the EA was locked so I couldn't post the advice to have the FSF and DA investigate before I left I am frustrated that it was posted in my absence.

In order to attempt to not be terribly snappy, I have come up with a light "alternate" LA. I also want to remind people that honestly the LA is supposed to be for interacting with NPC's. Stuff done just among the characters is supposed to go in the EA.

Edited to Further add: This advice really did belong in the EA, not the LA. EA is where you do stuff. LA is where you talk to and interact with NPCs.

Sorry I posted that advice up so quick. I understand you why you aren't terrible happy with the situation. Sorry. *sighs* And I just got feedback from Suntiger. I'm not worried about equipment anymore, but now I'm slightly worried about the teams in general. Since, to quote the PM, the outpost team will be handled in EA and the ballista team will be handled in LA. This whole archive split confuses me greatly, as if the various options in both archives weren't enough to start with ... *pulls hair* ... I honestly have no idea what to do right now. Voted for the ballista team advice in LA now as well ... I just don't know anymore ...

It is actually quite simple if people read the little button they hit before the vote/post an advice. It is... "Interact with NPC" and "Submit an Event". If it is not interacting with an NPC, then the advice should not go in the LA.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby demonthault on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Kear'Naun wrote:Since, to quote the PM, the outpost team will be handled in EA and the ballista team will be handled in LA.

Leonis wrote:It is actually quite simple if people read the little button they hit before the vote/post an advice. It is... "Interact with NPC" and "Submit an Event". If it is not interacting with an NPC, then the advice should not go in the LA.

@_@ The Ballista is alive!
*starts Powerpoint presentation so Daven can convince Brook of the goodness o shinies*
-Mirrvyn
demonthault
Summoner

Postby Avalon on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 pm

I just pity that I ended up as a reserve. Seriously, the one time I try to be more active in PtP... ^^;
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination

Postby Leonis on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 pm

o.O Who are you? If you are interested in recon missions then join the FSF if you are a Feral, or the DA if you are a Drow!
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby goblin6 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Kear'Naun wrote:

Don't worry man, hang in there. That's why we're a team, to shoulder the burdens and headache so it will be less painful for everyone. At least now we have a confirmation on where to post our advices.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Sinsystems on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:04 pm

YArr don't ye be forgetting about Noh.
Me an me krew arr da strongest and da meanest dar is. So come and get us ya pansies
Sinsystems
Summoner

Postby Kear'Naun on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Well, it seems this messy situation just got a little more messy. Anyway the ballista mission gathered additional info, even if I'm not along it seems. so that was mostly based on the LA option it seems. *doh* Anyway, not sure we still need this thread, as after returning with that info we probably need to discuss a more wholesome approach to the situation.

Even if I think we should focus on that ballista outpost after sending the Naal's a silent alarm. I think that is where we should concentrate our forces. Take it, and use the ballistas (is that the correct plural?) against the Mimian army below. Catch their main army between a rock (the Naal's walls) and a hard place (steel tipped ballista bolts aplenty). Who knows, without those ballista on high ground the mimians might even give up on trying to breach the Naal's walls, but that migth just be wishfull thinking.

Anyway, if we take those ballista we deny their use to the enemy. Could even use them against said enemy, add our ship mounted weapons we might be able to avoid fighting a field battle against an oponent that could outnumber us entirely. *wee* Anyway if one of you could point me to a better place to repeat my opinion I'd be grateful.

Anyway. Not putting up an option myself this time, as that probably should be for the team to return with the news.
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Sinsystems on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Me thinks we should send da sneakiest people to sabotage da ballista's.

Noh volunteers ver da task
Me an me krew arr da strongest and da meanest dar is. So come and get us ya pansies
Sinsystems
Summoner

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:32 am

hmm i dont like anjhalis advice. the nals have been good friends and they seem in trouble. We have the high ground (we allways will have the highground from now on ^^) and i dont think the ballistas can aim that high. Sadly we dont have bombs ;) i want to help them ... but we shouldnt attack without any information last time didnt worked so well for us.
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby Dalvyserran on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:39 am

all I will say besides my option to follow Anjhi is that we don't have enough information to make any decision regarding helping. At best, the Nal group can contact/warn the Nal outpost and return to the Queen. But the decision to go or stay still remains.
Height Chart for various races
Cameo appearances catalog

Beldrobbaen San'dellora Dizen'ralith House
Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sullisin'rune Min'issya - Ash'mita
Sharen Daksha'yani - Chigusa
Illhar'dro Mersedeh - Sasarai
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby goblin6 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:31 am

I agree with Aleria, the Nals helped us many times in the past, especially in our darkest hours. They're the reason why we're up on the surface, if not for them, we wouldn't found this airship and be where we are today. We are honor bound to return the favor, I believe we should return the favor as thanks for their support. I'm not saying we should all grab a sword and march towards the enemy base right this instant. We should warn the Nals of the threat and offer military support. Gather some intel and team up with the Nal defenders and coordinate our attack.

And San, in future conflicts, we won't always have all the info we want. There will be times where we have to go in with incomplete info or worse, blind. It's not the first time we did so, and not the last. Spending more time then we were given trying to gather more info then the GMs will provide will lead to disastrous results, it's how Kern operates. He expects us to be decisive and commit when we make a decision; I've learn this the hard way during the dvergar war. Have faith in our capabilities, if we run now just cause we're afraid of facing the unknown, how can we expect to face tougher challenges in the future?
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Dalvyserran on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:59 am

You keep saying its cowardice to turn away.

The hell it ain't.

There's several factors for me not wanting to run guns a blazing into this like you're suggesting. Not only do we still know jack about who's out there in the dip, do we really have that much time and resources to dig in and fight a war for the Nals? The goal of this whole trip in the first place is to reach northward with out limited forces of 300. The winter season is coming so we're sort of on a time limit. If the Nals needed our help they'd have sent a message back with the Feral that contacted them first thing. Their first ballista is STILL trained on us despite being out of ramge and under relatively thick mist, and who knows about the second. We don't even have the time to set up the two reserve ballista we have, should we make that suicidal choice to fly in.

Excuse the Queen for being cautious, and with nothing to go on. There's a time and a place for bravado, and no, I don't think now is the time for that.

The GM is goint to be giving us a stay or go vote, regardless of whatever it is we manage to scrape from a second visit to the outpost.
Height Chart for various races
Cameo appearances catalog

Beldrobbaen San'dellora Dizen'ralith House
Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sullisin'rune Min'issya - Ash'mita
Sharen Daksha'yani - Chigusa
Illhar'dro Mersedeh - Sasarai
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby goblin6 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:You keep saying its cowardice to turn away.

The hell it ain't.

There's several factors for me not wanting to run guns a blazing into this like you're suggesting. Not only do we still know jack about who's out there in the dip, do we really have that much time and resources to dig in and fight a war for the Nals? The goal of this whole trip in the first place is to reach northward with out limited forces of 300. The winter season is coming so we're sort of on a time limit. If the Nals needed our help they'd have sent a message back with the Feral that contacted them first thing. Their first ballista is STILL trained on us despite being out of ramge and under relatively thick mist, and who knows about the second. We don't even have the time to set up the two reserve ballista we have, should we make that suicidal choice to fly in.

Excuse the Queen for being cautious, and with nothing to go on. There's a time and a place for bravado, and no, I don't think now is the time for that.

The GM is goint to be giving us a stay or go vote, regardless of whatever it is we manage to scrape from a second visit to the outpost.

The Nals would ask for help if they even know there's an unknown hostile hiding near their outpost. But they didn't because they don't know there's enemies literally under their doorsteps. If they were aware, the outpost would be on DEFCON 1 and the ferals would've mentioned that the extra security.
goblin6
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre