The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

130410 Return to Nal'sarkoth outpost

Postby suntiger745 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:24 am

Vishka shows some ability with foci under the tutelage of Caith'synn.
Minalia wants a backrub before she can go off to practice though. Working all night bent over a table and focusing hard on a finnicky task tends to make you a little stiff.

Tohya gives a lecture to Ash'arion. A bit grudgingly sinceshe was pulled away from her work on the glider. Timotheus is still working of the squirrel suit though.
Ombr'eh teaches some basic first aid to an injured Na'wyn and Sammael, while learning a useful trick himself in return.
Blocking a wound with a mana shield prevents the blood from flowing out, meaning it can save your life if the wound is serious but if it isn't treated quickly the pressure building up from the bleeding can cause damage in itself, particularly with head wounds.

Meanwhile the warriors and scouts are getting ready in case there's trouble coming. Never hurts to be prepared.

Xenon makes some observations about the people below. Whoever they are, they don't seem to be Nal'sarkoth.
Clarifying a few things there were asked in the shoutbox and preserving it for posterity:
The ledge where the ballista is set up is not part of the Nal'sarkoth outpost but it is close by. As An'jhali mentions, from where it stands it has the reach to hit in and around the outpost.
This outpost is indeed the same the clan visited in their last expedition.
So far you don't know who the peple below are, except that they are all fae. You can see that they have auras but you're not close enough to see if there's any familiar auras or not.
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Re: 130410 Return to Nal'sarkoth outpost

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 am

Fantastic! Thank you, Suntiger!! *lol*

Okay, so, i put in a thread here at the conference hall for thew other players who want to repel down and are prepared to bash skulls in:

http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=17451

linky for posterity.

Anyway that's essentially my stance until Friday. I get the vibe that we have something funky going on. I want to help out whoever is planning on heading down and knock some teeth in if necessary.

cheers fellas and gals! <3 *wee*
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ash'arion on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:36 am

I hope that adventure doesn't ignite a tense armistice, Tabby. Fights are fun but not if they piss of our allies, and you know how much the Nals prefer corporate work over combat.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:40 am

hahahaha ok, i am gonna say this -again-, since folks are seeming to mis understand.

#1Im not a fan of getting xenon killed off pulling a leeroy jenkins.

#2additionally, we don't know JACK sh*t until friday's update.

but here is my vibe, that we could have a potential situation involving our allies base camp. If that is so, we can't fly over and just leave a loaded ballista pointing in their direction. That's super uncool and lame of us.

:)
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby goblin6 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 am

Suntinger, I was wondering. Do we have any other combat units other then the warriors, FSF and Mana specs? Due to the lack of long range support personnel (other then the MS), I was hoping the warriors can fulfil that role. They have a crossbow called the Janelikov whose range and stopping power is far superior to the warrior's automatic crossbow, but at the cost of needing to be reloaded after each shot, like a bolt action rifle. We also developed light armor for the hunters shortly before PTP was upgraded to its current version.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ash'arion on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:48 am

@Tabby: I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I'm all in support in sending a scouting party to go see wtf is going on. But inviting everybody who's interested on the trip kind of defeats the purpose. Because even if you're smart about this (an I'm not implying you're not) that doesn't mean that everyone who wants to go with you will be.

@goblin: There's also the engineers' contraptions like Minalia's golems and Tim's ballistae. And our forces do have sniper crossbows, they just keep getting forgotten about.
Ash-
RH: Eyes peeled and heads on a swivel, Shrikes.

MA: Have I mentioned that I hate fire?

Kale'shido- I would've gone to the Sarghress, like the other exiles, but I fear for my family's safety as much as my friends'.
Ash'arion
Vel'akar

Postby Leonis on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:51 am

I have to agree. We don't need every Tom, Dick, and Harry heading down to go for a look see. Let the FSF and DA which are and have trained for this sort of thing do their thing. We haven't had an opportunity to really show off our sneaking/recon skill yet. Though looking at all the signalling that we are doing as we weren't informed that the ballista was pointed AT the outpost... It might make recon REALLY hard to do.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Timotheus on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:27 am

The Janiklakov is the sniper crossbow, and it has a five bolt magazine. it also has auto reload. It is just a single shot every time you pull the trigger because it is meant for aimed fire.

Timotheus in hunter's gear with his Janiklekov and bolt case and Builder's sword.

My LA advice was to do a fly over/fly by to determine who is occupying what where and see if we can figure out the ground situation before we go off half cocked. Aerial surveillance followed by either ground surveillance or ship board hailing is the logical course of events. Then we decide if we bomb them back to the stone age.

Suntiger -- You could have fit in the helmet testing by having some "Thump, thump, clunk, ouch" s in the corner of one the interior dark panels.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:30 am

I am going down there if i want to. I -am- trained for this, thank you very much. I will remind you,Xenon has a lot of experience, some of which is unique or could be considered, a unique asset to the clan.

I like how there are groups who elect themselves for certain tasks and can be relied on, but please do not attempt to bully me out of a fun time. I am in no way attempting to usurp your opportunities for screentime or deny you those same said opportunities. However, if you exclude me, you are denying me an aspect of the game that we both have the same rights to.

Agreed the whole clan does not need to show up, but so far, i think i am one of perhaps two who wish to tag along. So relax, and enjoy the beneifts of having a verteran character along for the -POTENTIAL- ride.

I will see you on friday, gentlemen, ladies. We will continue this discussion then.

*this was totally edited because i am sooper cranky.*
Last edited by thealbinobutterfly on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:49 am

Let me remind you folks that even if we do have the FSF. We still have the original explorer corp. Meaning we have the entire arsenal of an entire subclass + its light armor equipment and weapons that is yet to be used at full strength. They are trained to recon.climb via rope, use manashield, use long range weapons have small knives and use sniper crossbows and have been trained to use net guns. Each group can have its own strengths and can fulfill a role in a given zone. It just needs a leader and folks willing to follow them.
That group has proven itself during ptp1 and ptp2 and can still be of use to deal with some things in a given zone that is away from other groups. All it need is a leader to lead it.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:41 am

OHAI!

so we have a pickle and it is not kosher!

here is the thread i made for those making tracks with me to the nal:

http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=17463&p=757885#p757885

cheers folks! good luck!! let;s aim to misbehave and be big gorram heroes!!

(and hit paragon! PARAGON! LEFT TRIGGER LT LT LT ERMAGHERD ELL TEE)
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Return to Community Centre