The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

121212 Outpost party aftermath

Postby suntiger745 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:52 am

Well, the Tei'kaliath got some relic hunting gear. Except for Powder, who made a new friend. :P
(They didn't have sex though. Ferals go into heat and the girl wasn't in heat. Hence spending the night gluing shinies to make her owner's house prettier instead.)
Don't expect to be able to use sex as payment everywhere in the Underworld though. ;)

Oplynache was supposed to bang large metal spoon against an empty pot at the wakeup call according to the script. Reza having her just use clapping and shouting worked pretty well anyway though. ;)
Also, Linee'ajil is the friend Fila'sofi had tea with in the previous page. I'll leave it up to her player to decide if anything intimate happened in bed or if Linee'ajil just was tired and fell asleep after the tour (she wouldn't pass up a chance to see the airship up close before it went away).

The lady who breeds ferals are the kind of person that calls customer service after an outage and demands to speak to the president of the comapany for a formal apology due to the interruption of her cable service. But who becomes cheerful and all smiles when offered a free month instead.
Ergo, she's more bark than bite and there won't be any serious consequence from it.
(She breeds ferals after all. She's used to their different world view and pranks. While this prank with the jewels was more elaborate than they usually do, she was just going to try and milk the Tei'kaliath in case they weren't familiar with the kind of mayhem ferals cause on a more or less regular basis.)
Since the next part is supposed to take place on the airship while underway to the next destination let's just say some Tei'kaliath went and helped her get her jewels unglued, praised her fine ferals (flattery never hurts with that kind of person :P) and that was that.

It's not that the things ferals do never has any consequences, or that they can't be serious and focused, but for the most part I'm going to write the ferals more on the silly/non-serious side of things.
And on that note, the stolen stuff was returned to their owners, for the most part. Some things nobody made a claim of and the Tei'kaliath kept it.

I was going to put in a narration box about the Tei'kaliath asking Brimingust about making a dvergar cannon for the ship. However, due to it being in the already dialogue heavy panel 6 I choose to skip it to prevent more tl;dr than it already was.
The gist of that was Brimingust being interested in the technical challenge of it but his 'control' Vidja being adamantly opposed to making any cannons for the black devils.
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Re: 121212 Outpost party aftermath

Postby Eltharrion on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Well, I'd say this answers 90% of the questions and wonderings I've even heard about the pages.
Though, was it ever stated how many gear sets we got? I don't remember seeing it specified in... Well, anywhere.
Elhvir - Ex-mercenary from Chel, PtP
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kirio on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:23 pm

XD
Shall I put up the ungluing adventure option? hahahahah

..or not 8P

anyway a very entertaining update. ^^

Possibly a lecture on the need for getting approval before redecorating? XD hahahhahahahhaha
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby choby40k on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Eltharrion wrote:Though, was it ever stated how many gear sets we got? I don't remember seeing it specified in... Well, anywhere.
math pretty easy on this one. 10 people voted for it and, Min earned 1 extra from golem repair work, and i didnt earn any. so odds are we earned about 10 or more.
choby40k
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:41 pm

So we brought no cannons or does the outpost has no cannons/other big weapons we can install on the ship?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Eltharrion on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm

James Rye wrote:So we brought no cannons or does the outpost has no cannons/other big weapons we can install on the ship?

Nal'sarkoth outpost having cannons, which are considered to be non-existent among drow save the BS?
...Yeah, I guess they didn't have any in stock.
Elhvir - Ex-mercenary from Chel, PtP
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby goblin6 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:13 pm

James Rye wrote:So we brought no cannons or does the outpost has no cannons/other big weapons we can install on the ship?

Judging by Suntiger's last paragraph, the Nals do not have cannons or Suntiger interpret your advice as asking Birmingust to design/make cannons for us. It also implies he has at least basic rudimentary knowledge of creating cannons but his babysitter says, "Hell no, F*** those pointy ear pansies. Now go back and read chapters 6 to 11 on How to be a Dvergar a**hole, 6th edition by Derpaderp McDerp Valathor, there will be a test tomorrow.", so yeah, out of luck on the bug guns department. We could install the ballistas instead until we get our hands on something with a bigger punch; no explosions, but it will still hurt a lot for the unlucky sap who gets hit.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby James Rye on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 am

Eltharrion wrote:

Nal'sarkoth outpost having cannons, which are considered to be non-existent among drow save the BS?
...Yeah, I guess they didn't have any in stock.

Ever heard of Mana cannons? Plus cannons can be huge spear throwers or stone throwers too since Drow can have those too, just that they operate on less Mana than Mana cannons.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Timotheus on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 pm

I did try to ask if they had any large ballista we could buy to mount on the ship for this weeks LA. Hopefully that will result in some good in todays update.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Return to Community Centre