The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

121206 - Nal'sarkoth Outpost

Postby suntiger745 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Had a bit of problem showing everything on this page so some things are just hinted at.

Kalla switching back and forth between first and third person speech is partly because the offer to buy her took her by surprise and partly because consistency is for drow, or other people who cares about such trifling matters. Shinies do not! :P

Because relic hunters that aren't part of a clan or guild often are poor (that's why they go relic hunting, hoping to make it big) I had the Nal'sarkoth be practical and include non-ada methods of payments, including bartering and services.
As far as I know, the Tei'kaliath do have some ada and you could probably pay for some relic hunter packages. However, if you want to be frugal there are other methods of payment available.
The ones listed are 'or' options btw, you don't have to do all of them at once.

As for the fanservice it sort of comes natural. They are all adults with (presumably) working libidos and as far as I know not body shy. Certainly the Nal'sarkoth are not. It's not that they have sex at the drop of a hat (not even the Sullissin'rune*) but sex has more of a social recreational activity aspect among drow than it does for humans IRL and I tend to write them accordingly.
Should your character be asexual, or monogamous/polygamous restricted (that is, in an exclusive relationship) just send me a note and I'll keep it in mind when writing scripts. If not, consider your character free game. ;)
There won't be any actual sex (that's Daydream's prerogative) but there will most likely be hints and teasing sometimes, like in this page (and yes, that clerk was totally checking out Minalia's neck. :P).

The 3% cut of any finds is a bit of a gamble since the relic hunters might not find much (or even come back at all; the mortality rate is substantial) but it might also bring in a significant sum. The Nal'sarkoth do have people doing relic evaluation at several of their outposts as well as Chel itself. The method has so far turned a slight profit, so it's continued.

The Tei'kaliath who partied too hard did not get pass-out drunk on wine, it was the chocolate that knocked them out - eventually. The Nal'sarkoth actually paid for most of it, since the party was a nice morale boost for the outpost and they got some useful information out of it.

*Well, most Sullissin'rune wouldn't. Maybe some would, you never know. :P
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Re: 121206 - Nal'sarkoth Outpost

Postby goblin6 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Hey Suntiger, about one of the payment options, the week of chores and two nights of sex, are they separate options or one? And is one package of relic hunting gear enough to outfit the whole crew or at least a good portion of us? How much equipment is in one package?
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby minalia on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Sent: Today, 06:56
To: minalia
Nah, it's separate. Do chores for a week, or two nights of sex, or a 3% cut.
Or in Minalia's case, doing some golem repairs.
I'll address it in a post as well.

/Suntiger
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby drakanor on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:12 pm

Well considering things I am tempted to do some chores. Although with Dycle as a former Mate I would probably wear the poor fool out on the first night. That said any option sounds good to me currently XD
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Is there a difference in the silk stuff we can buy? Like the chelian being sturdier or cheaper or something?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Timotheus on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Yes, the thread count would be one measure, The dealer is indicating the quality levels in the answer. I was hoping for spider silk but so it goes.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby goblin6 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Timotheus wrote:Yes, the thread count would be one measure, The dealer is indicating the quality levels in the answer. I was hoping for spider silk but so it goes.

Not sure this would help, but you can post an advice to ask which is the better quality and buy that.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby suntiger745 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Spider silk is stronger (and correspondingly more expensive). The problem here is that the seller doesn't have enough for your needs and that it isn't weather-treated.
Since you are operating on the surface, something that can survive rain and snow is to be recommended. The Haltonreibe and Mimaneid silk are both well suited for that though.

By the way, sex as payment isn't an option offered to everyone. It's only offered at the discretion of the clerk/merchant.
Related to that, you can't volunteer someone else in your stead. It's always a face to face deal (or, well, body to body I suppose. Eventually). The only exception is those who offer the use of their slave or slaves instead.
However, a slave has lower status than a free drow and are thus seen as providing less payment in exchange for the gear (and no, you can't just offer to let them have the slaves more nights). It's possible the merchant would make an exception for a trained pleasure slave, but again it would be treated on a case by case basis.

Doing menial chores is the most common non-ada payment, since it doesn't require any special skills and it's a well-established method for the poorer customers.
If you have a special skill, like golem engineering, map making, tanning, tailoring or something like that, you can use your special skill for the bartering too.
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Finn MacCool on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:53 pm

since the different payment options take different amounts of time, it would be nice to know how long we are going to stay at the outpost and if it's possible to leave some crew members behind for some time.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Guess we gonna take the Haltonreibe then, enough to get that project started, experimented and done.

And ofc someone needs to get that gear and stuff we want.

And is till think itd be smart to buy ONE big weapon for the ship for the rest of the trip no matter how small/short it is. Better safe than sorry. Yes we can equip the ship with whatever we want at home, but right now we cant and have only the Nal outpost as a mean to get stuff for the rest of the trip. And i rather have something big to shoot stuff with while we fight stuff than just fight stuff without shooting something big at it.

Also i like my grey shiny peachy butt. *wee*
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby goblin6 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 pm

James Rye wrote:Guess we gonna take the Haltonreibe then, enough to get that project started, experimented and done.

And ofc someone needs to get that gear and stuff we want.

And is till think itd be smart to buy ONE big weapon for the ship for the rest of the trip no matter how small/short it is. Better safe than sorry. Yes we can equip the ship with whatever we want at home, but right now we cant and have only the Nal outpost as a mean to get stuff for the rest of the trip. And i rather have something big to shoot stuff with while we fight stuff than just fight stuff without shooting something big at it.

Also i like my grey shiny peachy butt. *wee*

Good idea about the big weapons. Every ship needs a main cannon to obliterate/overkill something.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Return to Community Centre