The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Shifaye'sindil Airforce

Postby Ronyo Storm on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Nacht set the question last time even though it did not pass, but based off her original idea I have decided to help support it by looking to gain more support from the other members and giving a basic idea of what we are looking to do with the idea to help support and strengthen the community/colony/ship.

In a nut shell we wish to train the dragons to be able to take a rider and be used in aerial reconnaissance/ scouting missions, as well as being used as a first wave of offensive and defensive shock troops when the time comes.

With the time it would likely take to train both dragons and riders the size of the squad would be small, at just that a squad sized level. Between 4 – 6 members to start off and be able to perform the missions together or maybe even split into smaller fighter wings should it be needed. The group would be able to check islands from the air to make sure there is nothing waiting to surprise us from afar and also help with docking and casting off at times as well. For combative times the squad and fly in and drop explosives on a target to shake them up before the main warriors get to them, or stay in the sky shooting down arrows to provide sustained cover fire. As a point of cooperation with the Feral Special Forces, the dragons could carry in a small group of ferals for a quick drop insertion and they provide a small amount of aerial cover or observation while the group first lands and moves out. On the defense side the squad would be able to mobilize and act as a first wave buffer to the enemies allowing our warriors and ship gunners more time to better ready and take aim.

In all reality the squad would be high risk were you will be put in harm’s way first in most situations. The rewards would also be high as we would gain air superiority even more than we already have and be able to contend better against any other aerial threats. Also the scouting benefits would allow us to narrow down where we want to go to better maximize our gains and also find the best possible adventure for our group.

What we need now is the starting work to kick off, such as asking about the dragons more and start looking to train them and riders. I know Nacht and I are ready to saddle up and join the squad but we would need 2-4 more people willing to devote their character to the idea. Plus I’m sure we would need people to help house and train the dragons we would have.
Ronyo Storm
Nether Spawn

Re: Shifaye'sindil Airforce

Postby Ronyo Storm on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 am

Going to be posting up an action about looking to start training the dragons. The more people who help support it the cleaner a transition it will be in the training to having the ability to deploy them on recon flights and also picking up those who go overboard, either by choice or by accident (looks at the Feral Special Forces ;) )
Ronyo Storm
Nether Spawn

Postby Ultimatecalibur on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 am

Do you even have confirmation that we have dragons or gryphons large enough to be ridden? I know there was a white one outside our walls, but I don't know if it is one of ours.
Kris'tian Al'dun - Scout

I saw the Griffin first, so I'm calling dibs.

Apparently I like rafts.
Ultimatecalibur
Summoner

Postby Ronyo Storm on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:03 am

The PM's I exchanged with Thalar noted that the idea was possible to do in the story, it is just a matter of players wanting to go forward with the idea and make it happen. I would believe if the idea had no ability to get off the ground (pun not intended) then Thalar would have let me know so I would not devote any more planning to it.
Ronyo Storm
Nether Spawn

Postby Ultimatecalibur on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:54 am

Ronyo Storm wrote:The PM's I exchanged with Thalar noted that the idea was possible to do in the story, it is just a matter of players wanting to go forward with the idea and make it happen. I would believe if the idea had no ability to get off the ground (pun not intended) then Thalar would have let me know so I would not devote any more planning to it.

She isn't the GM anymore; Kern is.
Kris'tian Al'dun - Scout

I saw the Griffin first, so I'm calling dibs.

Apparently I like rafts.
Ultimatecalibur
Summoner

Return to Community Centre