The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Questions about family list maintenance

Postby Tsuris on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:10 am

Catriana wrote:
James Rye wrote:Say if both parents go on the journey will the child come with them as some sort of "ship boy/girl" or be left at home with the family members who remain home? Cause i´m not sure if that had been asked/answered yet.

I can answer this, as I had asked Kern something similar. He told me the only way we could have our child be on the ship is if one of us was actively playing said child. So in short, if both parents are on the ship, the child is left behind at the colony.

... CAN we play the child? >.>
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Catriana on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:00 pm

I am assuming that since children are now optional to be unlocked for play as any other character, yes, you can. I'm also going by the fact that Kern said that's the option available, so...yeah. I'm guessing there would have to be permission from both parents or something before it would be approved, but system-wise, it appears do-able.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 pm

minalia wrote:Me and Ombreh decided to include Dycle into our family after a lengthy discussion. Could you please do it for us?

Certainly.

As for playing as the child, it's rather strange as even the oldest kids are still so young, physically. And there's no feature in the game to allow you to choose your child as active character yet, but it may be put in at some point.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Jaibyrd on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Hrm, yes at some point in the future I would like the ability to play my child character maybe when she's old enough as I feel Lua'nar's story may be coming to an end as she'd probably just like to make more babies with Raeth and stay put in the colony. *blush*

So if that might become and future option, please remember some of us may want that, heh. ;)

Also, random question - as was pointed out earlier since this is becoming a RP thing only, can established characters have more kids now? I don't see the point of entering them into the system as they'd be babies, but I was just curious. *shrugs*
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thalar on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:33 am

Jaibyrd wrote:So if that might become and future option, please remember some of us may want that, heh. ;)

As far as I know, it -is- planned to be a possibility. It's just a little weird (at least to me) as currently the oldest children are just 7 years physically. ^^

Jaibyrd wrote:Also, random question - as was pointed out earlier since this is becoming a RP thing only, can established characters have more kids now? I don't see the point of entering them into the system as they'd be babies, but I was just curious. *shrugs*

I'd prefer if we didn't add characters in the roleplay that aren't possible to add on the PtP page. And drow don't have the highest fertility, so to speak. But if you've got a good suggestion on how to deal with it in the roleplay rules, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby minalia on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Before the big timeskip in drowtales, Ariel was just 15 years old when she went to the surface to rescue Faen. The oldest of our kids is around 16 years old. If Ariel could pull off murdering a insane halme king, our kids can pull that kind of stunt if they got adults to back them up. ^^;
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jaibyrd on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Thalar wrote:As far as I know, it -is- planned to be a possibility. It's just a little weird (at least to me) as currently the oldest children are just 7 years physically. ^^

Yeah, Raeth wouldn't let his daughter go at that age, heh. Don't worry, when I said "future" I meant that part as I'd like to see her a bit older before I switch to Shri as my character. But it is nice to know it's a possibility.

Thalar wrote:I'd prefer if we didn't add characters in the roleplay that aren't possible to add on the PtP page. And drow don't have the highest fertility, so to speak. But if you've got a good suggestion on how to deal with it in the roleplay rules, please don't hesitate to PM me.

I will ponder upon it.

*Ponder ponder ponder*

;)
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:19 pm

minalia wrote:Before the big timeskip in drowtales, Ariel was just 15 years old when she went to the surface to rescue Faen. The oldest of our kids is around 16 years old. If Ariel could pull off murdering a insane halme king, our kids can pull that kind of stunt if they got adults to back them up. ^^;

Hah, so true :)

Jaibyrd wrote:I will ponder upon it.

Excellent. I am doing some pondering of my own, as well :)

Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Hfar on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Jaibyrd wrote:
Thalar wrote:I'd prefer if we didn't add characters in the roleplay that aren't possible to add on the PtP page. And drow don't have the highest fertility, so to speak. But if you've got a good suggestion on how to deal with it in the roleplay rules, please don't hesitate to PM me.

I will ponder upon it.

*Ponder ponder ponder*

;)

This too will be something I will ponder upon.

*thinkthinkthink*
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby novamouy17 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:43 pm

I most definately like the idea of my charecter's child Elliana as a back up charecter, she is 14 at the moment. So she is just a little younger then Ariel was when she was given adult responsibilities.

think think think.....
The sky is not the limit!
novamouy17
Summoner

Postby choby40k on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Think Think Think ......... Oh Bother >_<
choby40k
Summoner

Previous