The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Clan external relations

Postby Nacht on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm thinking of posting this in the LA:

"Look for underworld clan ally; offer trading food & accept skilled migrants"

This allows us to anticipate the crisis in the underworld and the flow of refugees, as well as potentially gaining another ally. After all we can't just count on the NalSarkoth.

Also it doesn't specify a specific clan, we can choose ourselves according to the offers we get.
Nacht
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Clan external relations

Postby Gojinki on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:11 pm

I thought we and the nal'Sarkoth were trying to keep this settlement hush for the moment. searching for a new underworld ally would defeat this purpose wouldn't it? I could be wrong about that, but for some reason flags are going up.
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:23 pm

I don´t like it.

Mostly cause it totally ignores Anji´s opinion/aproval. If you change it to ask Anji if she´s okay with getting another Drow Clan as friend/trading partner and ask for her opinion, i´d be fine with such an advise.

Thing is,we hardly got enough to trade with both the Nals and Dvergar while feeding ourselves. We already plan some tradings with the Halmes, Kotorcs and Ferals to get better know/on their friendly side for the timeskip meaning we have even less items to trade with a Drow clan.

I think this is something for after the timeskip when we can control this more and can send our own people down to the Drow Cities. Maybe Nuqurah would be a good place to start looking for new trading partners with the Illhardro ruling there and having a hunger crisis and such?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Valyn on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:34 pm

yeah ^^; I don't really like hte idea of looking for a different ally ^^; sorry Nacht...
Valyn
Summoner

Location: Eberywhere and nowhere ^^ or, alternatively, both Texas and Alberta! ;D

Postby James Rye on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:41 pm

In other words, i´m more for strengthing our bonds with our neighbors. For example advise her to invite Glinn and his dvergar to our Tir'ay tournament or to pay in gold coins/give gold coin gifts to Halmes (for us its just shineys after all) or to meet with a feral leader to talk about getting more ferals to live here working as scouts and hunter aids and such.
All those things would bind those folks closer to ours which would stabilize our hold on this region.
Once we can prove we can held it, like after defending the Mim rebels and etablish an own currency, then its worth to go look for a second Drow Clan to trade with on our own. Then the Nals will hardly say anything against it as they had been our sole trading partners for years and made good money of it.

Too be honest i kinda hope we still have Warg with us and that Hrafinn continued to stay in Ama'varde as Dvergar ambassador/representive.^^

Other ideas are to ask for Dvergar Crafters if they can be paid for to join some of our building projects to give them the "+2" bonus we can only get through Dvergar craftmanship.
Or to let Anji ask Mirual about the big bros of the raccons which is a taboo but should be okay since Boss Lady became good friends with the female feral. Mirual and co did got their gifts, right? Cause i saw nothing regarding that in the LA. :c

There´s quite alot we can do in the LA we just need to write it down. :)
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Return to Community Centre