The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Mana Plant Breeding Project

Postby Hetros on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:49 am

"Breed mana plants for ability to spread and survive in the wild.Avoid Kudzu" 75 characters

I say we go with this. We want our mana plants to grow and spread into the wild, we want them to survive in the wild, we want them to spread into it, but we don't want a goddamn ecological disaster, thus why we're specifying to avoid kudzu like qualities =3 if we do this, the mana plants will spread into the wilds and we'll grow larger, happier, healthier, and begin the process of Fae-Forming the surface :D
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Mana Plant Breeding Project

Postby Catriana on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:04 am

When I first read that, I thought the 'avoid kudzu' part meant you wanted the mana plants to avoid being destroyed by kudzu. Where I live, kudzu was introduced to the local wildlife and it's become pretty bad. I know there's a word limit, but is there another way to specify the kudzu part to avoid confusion?

Edit: Where I used to live. Not where I live now. Gah.

Edit 2: Not the best wording but here's a suggestion:

"Breed mana plants to spread and survive in wild. Avoid eco instability." 71 characters
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Nacht on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:40 am

I'm not sure this advice encompasses everything we wanted to do in order to expand our mana plants. After all what's important is that the mana plants grow in and around Amavarde, not so much in the wild.

How about expanding mana plant fields? Placing plants in more locations in Amavarde? (for example rooftops, walls, parks?) How about accelerating the reforestation process? Trees also help conserve our mana environment.
Nacht
Summoner

Postby Catriana on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 am

There's kind of sort of an advice already up like that.

"continue to plant mana plants en masse to generate mana"

Xenon posted it shortly after the page went up.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Timotheus on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:08 pm

We have no more seeds to plant. Therefore we cannot schedule or plan for anymore planting. Getting more seeds will be dependent on the Nal traders bringing them or the existing plants producing them, both actions controlled by the GM during the time skip. It is a given expectation that we would plant any seeds we received, therefore any expansion of the mana plant fields is up to Thalar.

That we are doing everything in our power to preserve and expand our mana field has by now been firmly established and I believe that Thalar can be trusted to act accordingly for the most part.

Working on forest restoration would have probably been more useful.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby James Rye on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Timotheus wrote:Working on forest restoration would have probably been more useful.

Indeed, especially after the many logging actions the past weeks which were all done in the forest around us which was supposed to prevent our mana to weaver around and disperense in thin air.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Catriana wrote:"Breed mana plants to spread and survive in wild. Avoid eco instability." 71 characters

Much better.

And as for the rest of your complaints. We need this, we really do. We are -bound- to where we are because our mana plants cannot spread beyond where we can tend them. This is disastrous. We will be forever trapped as a colony unless we can find a way to spread these things naturally, to fae-form the surface. We will -never- get another chance like this to improve the stock of our plants in this respect without asking the Jaal's for help. Let's get this done, please.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Return to Community Centre