The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Main comic tieins

Postby Meckruco on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:46 am

not sure where to put this.. but after reading the newest page in the main comic.. i can not help but wonder if the story would have changed slightly with we TK were able to hold our cavern and/or totaly beat the black sun back.

i mean looking back (aint hind sight grand) we could have posted people at the canvern entrance to act as gate guards for caravans and with a mana stone setup to like close a big ass gate or colape the tunnel incase of nasty invaders.

all in all this is a lack of sleep thought of "What if"

add your 2 ada or in the case of flames, i have mashmellos, chocolete bars and gram crackers for smores.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Main comic tieins

Postby Timotheus on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:47 am

Essentially, it is a non-issue. We were set up and the only question was just how badly we were going to be crushed by the invasion. The surface game was already under development so we were going to be moved there no matter what, either by being run out, politics, plague, or something. We actually didn't do all that bad and managed to salvage a great deal of our stuff, only to have it all disappear during the move. We were playing against a stacked deck, the so called "clues" were actually more along the lines of leaving a paper trail to justify the final action when it occurred than any real attempt to warn us. Going back over them even with hindsight they do not make for much of a comprehensive case and could just as easily be interpreted a dozen different ways.

So it really does no good to worry about things that were out of our control from the start. If the DM says there's 16 12 ft ogres in the 10 x 10 room, there's 16 ogres.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby 3Power on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:27 pm

PTP isn't canon, so nothing we might have done mattered to the MA
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:06 pm

I dunno, some of the stuff we did did found their way in the main comic. Like Anji sitting in that council, defending the street fight we had and such other things like some Sarg raiders saying they had friends within the Tei'kaliaths who told them after our home was raided, that we gonna leave Chel, etc.
So it might be that our colony will in some future chapter will some role as well.
Especially when all the other colonies gets destroyed by that airhsip of the Nids, raided by black suns or those new humans, those Hermiones.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:16 am

Basically, the *detail* of PtP isn't 'cannon' in the main story, but the Clan certainly 'exists' in cannon, and since some have made cameos, I think it is (mostly) safe to infer that all our characters also at least 'exist' in the cannon too. It is only the actual events/story content that isn't copied across (automatically).

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Return to Community Centre