The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Save Our Mana Plan - Park Managers

Postby Timotheus on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:08 am

This is a call for some people to step up and volunteer to take over monitoring the progress of the mana plants in the test park and fields. By monitoring I mean that every three or four weeks one of them will put up a EA saying they will check on them and the others will promise to vote to make sure it passes. This doesn't need to be done every week, but should be done every month at least.

Things that we'll be looking for are signs of the new mana plants growing, the old plants seeding, fuzzy bug infestations, and drain rat habitation. We'll PM Thalar with a more detailed explanation of what's going on, but an EA along the lines of, "Mana Managers check areas for plant growth, seeds, fuzzy bugs, and rats." (73 letters) should cover it.

The reason behind this is so we can keep track of how the mana plants and parks are developing and will be aware of when we have young mana plants in the parks so we can start watching for fuzzy bugs and drain rats to appear there with them (and do something if one appears without the other). Likewise it's to keep an eye on the mana plant fields and monitor how long it'll take the drain rats to occupy all the fields and alert us if any of the plants show signs of going to seed.

We need more seeds to finish the other parks and fill the planters for inside the residences, so not missing the next seeding is very important.

This would be an excellent opportunity for some of the newer players to get face time in the illustrations. It's something that needs to be done but is rather repetitious in nature and since it doesn't need to be done every week would allow for voting and participating in other EA projects. The only downside would be that members couldn't go on long expeditions since they would have to be in town to do the checks, although it would be okay if they can find someone to take their place while they're gone. The important thing is that the mana plants are checked every few weeks.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Save Our Mana Plan - Park Managers

Postby Timotheus on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Perhaps I should emphasis that this position does not in any way restrict anyone from following any other profession or project. It only asks that once a month or so the volunteers will agree to vote on an EA that will check on the parks and mana plants conditions. This will require that at least five people be in the colony to vote on it, but votes can be traded or other arrangements made if needed for an expedition.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Return to Community Centre