The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Polearm submissions

Postby Hetros on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Okay. You guys know the drill :3 submit designs for polearms! WEAPONS ON STICKS D:< Do it within two weeks :D Then I'll open up the contest. We'll be prototyping the anti-armor and polearm weapons before the minitimeskip hopefully then mass producing it all, and the light and medium armors as well all at once as a combined smith/crafter time skip action ^^
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Polearm submissions

Postby Hetros on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:52 am

Tim's Billhook Blade

Naraan's Amavardian Polearm

Gojinki's Godang
--->Will submit this one as a size reference =D

Arianos' Axe-Spear
Last edited by Hetros on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Timotheus on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:34 am

Just for completenesses sake.

If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Hetros on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:48 pm

I've updated with Naraan's, Gojinki's, and Arianos' designs =D please post your submissions in the thread though and don't wait for me to update wif them ^^;
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby ildorad on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:58 am

random things.

Tim's Billhook Blade:
It mentions how it can be used as a shovel, but there is the problem with how the that the edge would become worn and damage, it also doesn't really have the physical design for it to be able to dig efficiently; from the looks there would exist a weak point where the connectors for the handle to the head

Naraan's Amavardian Polearm:
Honestly this seems more of a 2-handed sized weapon then a pole-arm sized weapon. higher need for the phalanx formations (and it's variants).

Gojinki's Godang:
this is basically a really long club with a spike on the end, while i will admit to it would being interesting to see used, it would require a lot of strength to and if any one becomes stuck to the spike it is gone for that fight. there is also the limitation of attack angles downward swing and then a thrust i see for this.

Arianos' Axe-Spear:
I would suggest removing the spike on the bottom and moving the axe blade down a bit. this is because i see very little chance to switch the ends while fighting, and i see someone stabbing themselves or someone behind them.
Stories are much tidier than real life. Stories have neat, happy endings, but all you ever really get is unfinished business.
alopecoid
Luck legion: "if you lose a penny; we will find it"
ildorad
Nether Seed

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby James Rye on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Since we have agreed on a design already, will the polearms get made after the new swords are all done?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Return to Community Centre