The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Which Light Armor Design Should be the New Hunter & Forester Armor?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 am

Option #1
7%
Option #2
26%
Option #3
59%
Option #4
7%

Total votes : 27

Re: Light Armor Design Contest (VOTING OPEN NOW!)

Postby Tsuris on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:01 am

Wy'shira, I like your armor, looks awesome ^^
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:55 am

Tsuris wrote:Wy'shira, I like your armor, looks awesome ^^

Thanks! I appreciate it. All the entries look so darn cool. :D
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 am

I voted for it because it was the closest to what I had in my mind... So yeah, why do it myself when someone else already has it pretty much perfect!

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Leonis on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:28 pm

My only problem with Any of them, even my own.. is that he color scheme doesn't match the forest terribly well. There is only one armor which does. Browns, and greens are forest colors.

ETA: A little bit cranky as that looks just like the Scout Armor from PtP1. And if we were just planning on reusing that, then why not simply reuse it.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby goblin6 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Leonis wrote:My only problem with Any of them, even my own.. is that he color scheme doesn't match the forest terribly well. There is only one armor which does. Browns, and greens are forest colors.

ETA: A little bit cranky as that looks just like the Scout Armor from PtP1. And if we were just planning on reusing that, then why not simply reuse it.

Which ever design wins, we can always change the color scheme to better blend with the forest environment. We also still have the old scout armor, maybe we can disassemble the old armors and use some of the parts for the new armor. Or better yet, refit the old scout armor to make it look like the new one; either way, it'll cut down the time to mass produce them.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Wy'shira on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:49 am

I am actually not familiar with the old scout armor. I wasn't around PtP back then. The design I drew is entirely based on the two images Thalar gave us for inspiration, the designs I saw glancing through previous contests, and several random tumblr searches for fantasy hunter cosplay outfits. I just chose the colors that I thought would blend into the shadows of a forest. (Also, Thalar's suggested images had dark blue, green, and brown dyed leather.)

No matter which design wins, I am going to include a note on the winning design that tells Thalar and Reza that they can edit the colors slightly to best blend in with our specific forest environment, as our drows would know how to do that. The designs up there are all made of leather for the most part, with some bones. That's all material we can make from the trideer hides we keep tanning. If the crafters want to dismantle the old scout armors (we do have those, right? we haven't been allowed to wear them) though, that's cool too.

The contest voting ends tonight at 12pm EST. If you have any last minute questions about anything, now is the time to ask! :3

ETA: Even if a design had been based off the old Scout Armor from PtP, I don't believe that would have been a problem. The contest was held so that everyone could participate and try to come up with a design they liked as well as letting everyone in the clan have a say as to their favorite designs.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Re: Light Armor Design Contest (Voting over!)

Postby Wy'shira on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:11 am

Okay y'all! The contest voting is over as of eight minutes ago, all screenshot'd and everything. Design #3 won with 15 of the 26 total votes. I'm going to wait a few days before giving the winning design over to the crafters. If any current hunters or members have any last comments about the contest, now is the time to speak up! :3

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Re: Light Armor Design Contest (Voting over!)

Postby ildorad on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:54 am

Wy'shira wrote:Okay y'all! The contest voting is over as of eight minutes ago, all screenshot'd and everything. Design #3 won with 15 of the 26 total votes. I'm going to wait a few days before giving the winning design over to the crafters. If any current hunters or members have any last comments about the contest, now is the time to speak up! :3

Too bad there weren't any with fancy hats to go with stylish cloaks. 8P
Stories are much tidier than real life. Stories have neat, happy endings, but all you ever really get is unfinished business.
alopecoid
Luck legion: "if you lose a penny; we will find it"
ildorad
Nether Seed

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Previous

Return to Community Centre