The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Which Light Armor Design Should be the New Hunter & Forester Armor?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 am

Option #1
7%
Option #2
26%
Option #3
59%
Option #4
7%

Total votes : 27

Re: Light Armor Design Contest (Hunter & Forester Armor)

Postby Leonis on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Unable to add a cloak to the Design. >.< Apparently the person I got to do the base design was having difficulty adding a cloak. Though a "Cape" might be possible. Though it is looking with when I have to leave... I will not be able to get the updated version posted in time... *sighs* Damn the resort wanting to charge exhorbitant fees for internet!

And Darn not being allowed to pull from the internet for references! Cause I could include a "reference" cape/cloak.

ETA: Cause I could go like...

BAM! Add a leather cloak like below to design of Native American Design.
Last edited by Leonis on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 pm

You can take the img into paint and draw a cape next to it in the colors and design you want for it. Whatever is the last image you submit to this thread before the Saturday due date will be the one I use for the contest! :D
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Leonis on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Wy, I don't have access to paint. I am using Linux and don't know how to use the programs it has. Plus I am a pretty terrible artist. Whole unsteady hand and all. And yeah... I don't even have time to edit as is. Shuttle leaves for the air port in like 12 hours, and I still gotta finish packing! Not much mind you but still!
Leonis
Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm sorry, I can't include a real life picture as part of the design, because it wouldn't be fair to everyone else. If you have a chance to submit something with a cloak though, I'll be happy to take it if it's before the contest end date! :)

OH There's also sumopaint. Google sumopaint, and it's an in-browser paint program.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Leonis on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:16 pm

*ponders and ponders some more* If I were more handy, and had $ I would have taken the time to make a pattern and Sew an actual outfit...

ETA: Ah well, will see what I can have other friends do. If I can access their Artistic skills quick fast and in a hurry.
Leonis
Demon

Postby Leonis on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Ok! So.... did my best to draw a cloak... with a hood, really couldn't... so I went with a sort of basic "Cape"/cloak.

I MAY (highly unlikely) have another submission of a more "traditional" armor and cloak that I had someone else make but... *shrugs* Cest la vie.... Vacation and not being able to get ahold of artists when I want them... *fist shake at them not having a cell phone!*
Leonis
Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:25 am

Whoo! Two days left on submissions, guys!

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Wy'shira on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 am

Last 18 hours left for design submissions! After that, all submissions will be closed, and voting will start. I'll change the title of the thread to be "Light Armor Design Contest (Voting Now!)" so everyone knows. The designs will be added (without names) to the first post, along with voting rules!

Submissions close at 12:00am EST. If you ask for an extension in this thread before that time passes, I'll extend the deadline to 2am EST June 17th. Otherwise, submissions close at midnight EST!

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Tsuris on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:23 pm

You guys ever try moving through the woods with a big cloak? It snags on everything and if a Kurr or something was chasing after you, it's easy to grab.

Cloaks are cool looking but they aren't too practical.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby ildorad on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Tsuris wrote:You guys ever try moving through the woods with a big cloak? It snags on everything and if a Kurr or something was chasing after you, it's easy to grab.

Cloaks are cool looking but they aren't too practical.

but they can be used to break you outline making it harder to identify that some one is there (visually and mainly at night), and if anything ill-fated happens it is possible to use the cloak for a makeshift stretcher or shelter. (also depending on materiel it could be used for bandages) Also, if it is designed correctly with any significant force holding/pulling it back the clapse can be broken to stop it from being as much of an hindrance when grabbed. though granted that it isn't that useful for the foresters.
Stories are much tidier than real life. Stories have neat, happy endings, but all you ever really get is unfinished business.
alopecoid
Luck legion: "if you lose a penny; we will find it"
ildorad
Nether Seed

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Timotheus on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:08 pm

They look real cool rolled up and bundled around your sleeping blanket to keep it dry. If the weather calls for a cape or other covering its better to go for a smock or poncho. Zeltbahns are my favorites - shelter, rain cover, camouflage, utility tarp.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tsuris on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 pm

*is mostly just bashing cloaks because his design is the only one without one*
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby goblin6 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:18 am

NO CAPES!!! Reason why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R2aW03pwL0

Just kidding though and I wanted to jump on the bandwagon over capes issue. Capes would help us blend in easier with the forest environment(with the proper camo), we could try to make a gillie suit, but that would be a pain in the ass to draw for Reza. And need I remind everyone of Operation: Rescue Mirual? Where the hunters went out wearing capes? And yet, everything went smoothly; not a scratch on us. I rest my case. *walks out of court with stern face*
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Wy'shira on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:08 am

Four hours left for the submissions! We hunters have a strange love affair with cloaks, don't we?

A few people already saw this when I snuck it into the second post, but here's my entry! :)

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Re: Light Armor Design Contest (VOTING OPEN NOW!)

Postby Wy'shira on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:37 am

Voting is now open! Votes close this Saturday (June 23rd) at midnight.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre