The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Which Light Armor Design Should be the New Hunter & Forester Armor?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 am

Option #1
7%
Option #2
26%
Option #3
59%
Option #4
7%

Total votes : 27

Re: Light Armor Design Contest (Hunter & Forester Armor)

Postby Leonis on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:56 pm

I am thinking that since we are in more of a wooded environment, that I would pull from a Native American, style... Use Native American Style Armor... They dealt with bears, From a distance.... And it doesn't much LOOK like armor, but actually... It is pretty darn effective. Having actually used it on the battle field. We are hunters. Light, light, light!

ETA: Even using D&D according to Thalar we can't use MOST of the "Light" Armor. No metal... Period in it, save maybe a "little" in the chest area.

Basically the "Hunter" Armor.. is going to look like Regular Clothes.

ETA 2: I have a second more "traditional" Armor that I will see about getting a different artist to draw up for me.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Wy'shira on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Great resource, blackjack! The materials listed there look fairly close to what Thalar mentioned for light armor (other than the studded leather of course). Leather, possible metal on the chest plate, ect. :)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:53 pm

could you add some bracers and leg protection as well? o.O for the native american design I mean >_>
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Leonis on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:14 pm

I will see what I can have arranged... Though Honestly, speaking as someone who wears thick hide/leather on occassion... If you make the "pants" out of, semi Processed Hide... it is fairly thick and fairly hardy...

ETA: That was my thought for the "shirt" as well. though make it of a slightly more bendy/flexible leather. Slightly more treated.
Leonis
Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:16 am

Ah, I see! It looks like cloth right now, so I was worried. But if it's clearly leather (maybe write it on the side of the image) then that's totally cool! :)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Kear'Naun on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Well, here is my entry for the light armor. Leather armor with padded silk shirt and pants in camouflage colors, sturdy leather bracers and boots boots, belt and a hooded ghillie cloak. Guess this is as good as it gets. ^^;

for other views of the armor see: http://kearnaun.deviantart.com/art/Armor-Frontview-307943031?q=in%3Ascraps%20sort%3Atime%20gallery%3Akearnaun&qo=1 or http://kearnaun.deviantart.com/art/Armor-Sideview-307943136?q=in%3Ascraps%20sort%3Atime%20gallery%3Akearnaun&qo=0

Should I gather the images into one collection? Or is the perspective image alone good enough?
Last edited by Kear'Naun on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Leonis on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Does the Armor have to have boobs? >.> <.< I think that all that extra space will just be floppy and saggy on my male. :P
Leonis
Demon

Postby Kear'Naun on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Leonis wrote:Does the Armor have to have boobs? >.> <.< I think that all that extra space will just be floppy and saggy on my male. :P

*blush* Uwaah! ^^; Well, I replaced the image with a toned down version. *headdesks* Maybe I had LuLiane's armor a bit too much in mind when designing it ...
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:16 pm

The perspective image is fine. I'll have your main image up with links to your other images.

...*snicker-laugh* As a woman, I assure you that ICly there will be male and female versions of every armor design. You only have to draw / create one though. If everyone had the same unisex design, given drow body types there would be either extra leather around the males' chests or many females would have to do patch jobs that involve cutting open the chest areas and sewing more material on. It...would be a very awkward situation.

Like normal, though, Reza will simply adapt the final design to each character's body type. So choose whether sex to model the design as you feel comfortable.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Leonis on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:54 pm

A somewhat "Final" Render... Though attempting to get a cloak added. And yes both top and bottom now kind of look like cloth, but they ARE Leather! Also leather boots were added.
Leonis
Demon

Postby Leonis on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:29 pm

I am going to be a little bit selfish here and beg for an extention on the the voting time frame. Otherwise, I shall likely be out of the country and unable to vote. It is already looking as though I will be unable to submit my second, more western, traditional light armor. However I Would like to be able to vote. I will likely not be abe to get on to vote until Saturday June 23rd. I MIGHT be able to get on, before then, though it is unlikely.
Leonis
Demon

Postby James Rye on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:08 pm

So when can we vote for the submitted designs?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Voting starts on the 17th, the day after submissions close. I'll let everyone know as a reminder! And I'll see what I can do, Sut'rinos. I can probably close voting that Saturday, so you can vote right before it closes. :D

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Well, if Leonis adds a leather cloak with a hood i´ll vote for her design then. If not, i toss a coin.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Voting closes in two days. I know two more people are finishing up designs still. ;). I'm so happy with everyone's participation!

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre