The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

What to do about medium armor?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 pm

We need an entirely new set of armor due to the new information! Let's make it asap (current forging plan)
45%
We need an entirely new set of armor due to the new information! But the Mk2 will do for the moment in the war (Change forging plan)
45%
The Mana Spec design by Jaibyrd is good! Let's make it asap (current forging plan)
9%
The Mana Spec design by Jaibyrd is good! But the Mk2 will do for the moment in the war (Change forging plan)
No votes
Forget both, the Mk2's are best, we'll keep them and forget making new medium armor entirely.
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: Medium Armor Questions and Submissions

Postby Hetros on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:32 am

Jaibyrd wrote:
minalia wrote:Luanar could you do a variation on Silice Val Sharen armor?

I could, yes...

possibly a little less heavy, that's mostly plate o.O not too different from our heavy armor if you leave out the helmet.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:47 am

To all artists (myself included :P ) - Something that might be worth keeping in mind for medium armour designs... Whatever it is will either utilize or replace the existing Mk2, so keep the Mk2 in mind when determining materials/composition/weight - If nothing else, it will enable us to 're-purpose' the old armour entirely, even if the end result looks nothing alike (in other words, we 'break apart' the Mk2 to provide the materials for whatever replaces it).

*goes back to the drawing board*

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Thalar on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:54 am

minalia wrote:Luanar could you do a variation on Silice Val Sharen armor?

That's heavy armor. I specifically provided references of worldsetting-appropriate medium armor in my post. Do not try to derail people from that.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Hetros on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:45 pm

We still don't have any armor submissions for the medium armor right now. please make your submissions :3
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackjack217 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Since we need at least one option I'll throw this in there:

(Yes its y darkvolt, who is no linger here. I know that. Still since no one else seems to have submitted anything I'll just toss this in there.)
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby Jaibyrd on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:20 pm

I am so sorry folks, I have the drawings, but my modem died and all I have is my smart phone to get online with. As soon as at&t sends me a new modem, I can post the art... :( :(
AIM: Desinique - YIM: jai_byrd13 - MSN: Jai_byrd13@hotmail.com - Skype: jaibyrd13 - Twitter: Jaibyrd - dA: Jaibyrd
Jaibyrd
Vel'akar

Postby Leonis on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Can you give me a few days? I CAN get an artist to do something... I put one on retainer before I left for Mexico.. but I have not been in communication with her since. I got her to design some light armor. Unfortunately I got it from her too late (and not on my own laptop) to post it.
Leonis
Demon

Postby Tsuris on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:33 pm

blackjack, I think it's been established that we're not using Darkvolt's designs as he's no longer a member of PtP

if you want to input a design, you should draw one yourself
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby minalia on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Myself and Naraan are gonna try and get a medium armor design in a few days as well.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Tsuris wrote:blackjack, I think it's been established that we're not using Darkvolt's designs as he's no longer a member of PtP

if you want to input a design, you should draw one yourself

Thanks for that Tsuris :3 seeing that somebody remembers the rules of submissions made me feel warm and fuzzy inside :D so now I won't have to kill Blackjack <hides the cleaver from Goji's latest set of artwork behind his back>
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:06 am

We finaly got a finished product but we need someone who is VERY good at coloring the armor to prevent the mk3 mistake. Anyone is free to try their hand on it.

Edited: These are the colors since i got no one to design a decent color set so this is the best myself and Naraan could come up with.
Last edited by minalia on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby ildorad on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:34 am

the perfect? color pattern, it is even missing a bullseye with point rings. [for now] <--- joke "we need someone who is VERY good at coloring" disqualifies

edit: ImageImage
still no bullseye
Last edited by ildorad on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stories are much tidier than real life. Stories have neat, happy endings, but all you ever really get is unfinished business.
alopecoid
Luck legion: "if you lose a penny; we will find it"
ildorad
Nether Seed

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby ThatOldSaint on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:06 am

ildorad wrote:Image the perfect? color pattern, it is even missing a bullseye with point rings. [for now]

The think the colors may work against us somehow. ^^;

I've got the finish product ready and looks like It'll be needed. Some of the colored in sections are inaccurate to what the design is (Which may be a problem of discerning what from what the actual sketch). I'll give them to Minalia tomorrow.
ThatOldSaint
Nether Spawn

Postby minalia on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:18 am

Shameless bump, the contest is almost over.

Could someone please color the medium armor design i posted? This will be put in mass production in around 2 weeks once the light armor project is completed.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Leonis on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:38 am

Basic idea from one artist friend of mine. Armored skirt/kilt. Studded Leather with iron/steel strips. An Iron chest piece, with Iron shoulder pads which are oh so popular.
Leonis
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre