The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: 5th Tir'ay style over Timeskip

Postby James Rye on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Meckruco wrote:i support the idea of finding a style that works with the heavier armor. if you read up on the bit that the Illharess wrote up (in the form of a page for it) it states that the balance style came about from a warrior that needed an adaptable fighting style that combined hard and soft styles. performece just reminds me of canatrpa or whatever that brazialn style is called that looks like danceing.

and as current tir'ay camp i give my ok to forming a new style. you just need to fight me to see if it will work. *pops neck and cracks knuckles*

Yeah, its cause of the balanced style that i thought why not making an extra-hard (that could be a name for it too, lol) style when warriors have to wear armor and carry weapons. :)

Depends: Do we talk about fighting you in your current state or after you recovered? <.<

@Sil'Thara

It´s like Jon said: The style won´t work well without an armor on and/or weapons in your hands. The other styles are all about non-weapon combat which some moves can be used in actual combat, this one will be for the warriors in heavy armor. :3
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Leonis on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:51 pm

I will once more recommend looking to the European/Western Martial Arts. Because that is more or less what we are building here.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:44 pm

James Rye wrote:
Meckruco wrote:i support the idea of finding a style that works with the heavier armor. if you read up on the bit that the Illharess wrote up (in the form of a page for it) it states that the balance style came about from a warrior that needed an adaptable fighting style that combined hard and soft styles. performece just reminds me of canatrpa or whatever that brazialn style is called that looks like danceing.

and as current tir'ay camp i give my ok to forming a new style. you just need to fight me to see if it will work. *pops neck and cracks knuckles*

Yeah, its cause of the balanced style that i thought why not making an extra-hard (that could be a name for it too, lol) style when warriors have to wear armor and carry weapons. :)

Depends: Do we talk about fighting you in your current state or after you recovered? <.<

@Sil'Thara

It´s like Jon said: The style won´t work well without an armor on and/or weapons in your hands. The other styles are all about non-weapon combat which some moves can be used in actual combat, this one will be for the warriors in heavy armor. :3

We can still practice the traditional martial arts of before as well, not like we'll loose them, its just that while in the armor we'll need a different fighting style. I practice balanced tiray myself, not like I'll lose it just because I learn another style to go with my armor.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Meckruco on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:35 pm

yes the new style does sound like something the Knights of Ne would use with heavy armor and swords.

Side Note: I too will one day be a master of Balance style. second side note: am i the third or 4th Tir'ay champ? i think third.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby minalia on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:39 pm

First champ was Ysra, the axe wielding tornado of death.
Second champ was Taruna with Elif on the civilian side
Third champ was Nova, whom Durlyn, Meck and myself had to go save from the black suns Leader? ( most BS leaders are males usually)
Fourth champ is Meck the bear killer.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hfar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 am

Ysra? I thought the first tir'ay champ was Ys'sa.

And yes, I believe you are the fourth champion Meck.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:02 am

Hfar wrote:Ysra? I thought the first tir'ay champ was Ys'sa.

I think James means the style masters, not the tournament masters ^^;
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Hfar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 am

Tsuris wrote:
Hfar wrote:Ysra? I thought the first tir'ay champ was Ys'sa.

I think James means the style masters, not the tournament masters ^^;

'Cept I was answering Meck's question, not James.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 am

*reads up a bit*
*doh* I need to pay more attention XD
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Sil'Thara on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:37 am

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:But again, it comes down to separating the 'traditional' forms (for RP purposes and the like), and the 'new' form (In-game and trade specific).
This is where me and many others differ. I don't see the traditional forms as "RP-only" or "just for flavor". I see them as valid ways to fight.

@Durlyn: Hence, my compromising side being the victor. It ain't Balance Tir'ay but damnit, it's still Tir'ay.

@James: I'm sure everyone knows this by now but Tir'ay is my passion in PTP. It's the ONE THING I want to pursue above all else. ^.^; So, regardless of what you create for this style, there will be at LEAST one highly dedicated practitioner. Just don't forget about the 3 realms, 4 engagements, and 5 aspects. ;p
Sil'Thara
Nether Spawn

Postby James Rye on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:06 pm

I won´t.

Anyway, once the LA´s up i´ll post the names we gathered so far to vote for. So that we can introduce Anji the project with a name when advising about it.

Depending on what the LA says we gonna advise after a week´s/ten days over or if Glinn says we get to war soon, we´ll tell her about it after the battle´s done. :)

If you wanna know what names were suggested so far by whom, please read first post on first page. :3
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Okay, poll´s changed, so change your vote to what name you like the most!

Also there are still open places to suggest names, if you got an idea how our new style should be named, please post it here and i´ll edit it to the list! :D
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:14 am

The vote DIDN'T reset when you changed it around O_O you need to fix that, we have far too many votes (my own included) listed for the unimaginative "Armored Style" D: mostly from people who (like me until just now) didn't realize a new vote had been set up!
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:37 am

Hetros wrote:The vote DIDN'T reset when you changed it around O_O you need to fix that, we have far too many votes (my own included) listed for the unimaginative "Armored Style" D: mostly from people who (like me until just now) didn't realize a new vote had been set up!

How can i reset a poll, Het? D:
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Wy'shira on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:38 am

Why do you have people's names by the style? It looks superfluous. :)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre