The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

5th Tir'ay style over Timeskip

Postby James Rye on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:07 am

Got the answer from Thalar! :D

Thalar wrote:That sounds like a good project for the warriors to do over the timeskip. Tir'ay has been used and adapted through all of Shifaye'sindil's history.

It's not necessary to describe specific moves, that gets too micro. Specifics just like you outlined it is fine.

Calling dibs on 5th Tir'ay Master title (it was my idea after all)!/Joke XD

Anyway, those are great news! *wee*
If the Warriors/Clan is okay with it the warrior caste will create a Tir'ay style fighting for wearing heavy armor as well as using sword and shield as a new form of us adapting to our new surroundings and situation. Which is why there´s a poll out there, just click yes if you like the idea of creating a 5th Tir'ay style (from which i totally gonna go down in history as its founder/joke(<- i write /joke to make sure everyone of you knows when i´m making a joke and when not -_-)) or no if you don´t like the idea of the warriors having an effective melee fighting style mixed with our tradition martial art.
Or click the i dunno, if you don´t know what to vote for.^^

Anyway, i´ll talk to the builders (or in short Timo and Rin xD), the next days about putting the tournament arena and the Tir'ay dojo together into one big, impressing, epic building made over the timeskip, with paintings, mosaics and some silver/gold/gem lining over the door or something else rare and expensive looking.

Also i´ll make an draft for the 5th Tir'ay style, even when we don´t need to do this micro, i wanna do a macro one for Thalar/Reza/Anji (i cna do that alone, not much of a problem) and a micro one with moves and description (hopefully with the help of other warriors/clan members who know martial arts^^) for the RPG section. :)

I also wanna talk here about the advises/action to introduce Anji to the new Tir'ay concept and the timeskip project(s) of ours aka the 5th Style and the huge/impressing Dojo with arena. Or other stuff concerning the 5th Tir'ay style like its name for example, i have *Armored Style* or *Armor Style* as my draft names on the computer but if you got a better one then just name it here and later we´ll decide over poll. :3

And i´m calling dibs on that 5th Tir'ay Master Title. No seriously, am not kidding. 8P
If the Masters from 1-4th styles were all women, it´s just fair that a man gets to earn such a title too (equality and stuff). And i´m as good as any other male in the clan, besides having the idea and going for it. Plus i´m making the work for the 5th Style descriptions, so it´s just fair game. *blush*
That and i really really really want it for my signature! 8)

Though if majority says no, then i´ll say sadly *okay...* and go cry in my misfortune corner about missing such a cool signature. :c

Anyway, Poll´s up, vote away. You can change your vote btw if you´re unhappy with your decision. :D
Bring in your ideas. *smallsmile*
Get crazy cause we warriors got a timeskip project!!! (and builders probably too if they like/accpet that idea^^) :P

Edit: Okay, seems already a big support for the project. The idea might sail along just fine. :D

So i gonna have a list here in which the names for the new style will be collected:

Armored Style - James Rye
Armor Style - James Rye
Heavy Form - Hetros
Shell Form - Hetros
Knight Style - Durlyn Val'Sarghress

Okay, after this LA i say we´ll introduce the 5th style after the battle´s done. We´ll decide a name till LA day 15, that´s in two weeks. Afterwards we´ll work on the marco and the micro setting for the new Tir'ay style to be made over the timeskip by the warriors.

You can still write down names for the style, just post them in the thread and i´ll edit them into the list. So far we got 5, i´d like to have 6 or 8 before day 15. So write and vote away, everyone! :)

Edit: As it seems i can´t reset the poll to zero so i left the option open to change votes, remember in 14 days this poll ends so think about your choice pls.^^
Last edited by James Rye on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:54 am, edited 10 times in total.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: 5th Tir'ay style over Timeskip

Postby Hetros on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:20 am

Looks good and well thought out to me =3

edit: Can you post these "specifics" that Thalar mentions you mentioning? o.o

edit2: The name should be... HEAVY FORM D:< that or Shell Form or something similar =D
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Wy'shira on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:24 am

I'm not a warrior, but this idea gets me so excited!
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 am

Sure and thanks, Het and Wy.^^

Also i wanted to ask if we Warriors can do a project for the timeskip as well as the other classes. :)

Cause people are sad about losing Tir'ay as a form for the warriors in new armor and builders have no idea what to do unlike hunters and farmers and engineers.

So here´s my idea: We warriors will create a new Tir'ay style over the timeskip, the 5th Style, hte Armored Style.
It will be similar to the foundings of the balance one who took hard and soft to create a better style for fighting, but this 5th one will take mostly moves from the hard one and advance them/simple them down/add dirty tricks/etc. to fit a close fight in armor against armored enemies more.
For example, since the armor is heavy our leg kicks will focus only on the lower half of the enemy but with its stronger hit will bring better results despite being slower. We knee-kick someone in the groin or break their toes/shines with our steel boots or we stand on one of tehir feet so that they can´t escape our shield hit or sword strike.
We gonna make moves for shield and sword usement in this Armored Tir'ay style, so it will be unlike the others a combat focused one where shield and sword becomes extended arms for new moves. Like one-upping someone with the shield´s edge to hit their stomach with the sword right after it. Or pushing someone with the shield away or with the armored shoulder to get more free room. Or using our helmets to crush the face of the enemy if too close, etc.

I guess everything from *For example,..* is too micro.^^

Dang, still no votes for the 5th option, maybe i should change my vote. <.<
Last edited by James Rye on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Loniar on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:27 am

IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou.

If there's a sign up sheet, sign me up!! This sounds like a wonderful plan and I would love to help in way that I can.

wantwantwant

Besides, I need a new project for once the parks are done. =P
Loniar
Tainted

Postby James Rye on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:33 am

Loniar wrote:IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou.

If there's a sign up sheet, sign me up!! This sounds like a wonderful plan and I would love to help in way that I can.

wantwantwant

Besides, I need a new project for once the parks are done. =P

Well, my Sen'gil is still without a mate, so~ :P

Just vote for the polls and later you can help out with the *micro* for the Tir'ay style that it can be used in the RPG. :)

You can also help out with wording good/better advises than the ones i post here to bring this forward to Anji, gets this accepted as warrior timeskip project. And ofc voting for it. :3

My time plan for introducin' the idea to Anji first would be either shortly before we leave or after the battle´s done. It depends on what Glinn tells us next week, so i wait for it and give the poll some time as well as writing out my draft till then. :w

Don´t forget about the fields. Parks are nice and important for our auras, but those fields will feed us and the dvergars as well for the coming year/timeksip (each vegetable and barley bread we eat means one more meat or fish for them) so its important that nothing happens to those feed and its plants. Oo
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:36 am

Yes.

EDIT: The only thing I take issue with is the whole making you 5th Ti'ray master just because it was your idea...
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby James Rye on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:46 am

Tsuris wrote:Yes.

EDIT: The only thing I take issue with is the whole making you 5th Ti'ray master just because it was your idea...

As i said, doesn´t need to be taken too seriously. We can make it a project by all warriors too and let it be with unnamed many masters.
Though i would like having the title, as my signature only ofc, no kiddin'. ^^
That and i wanted a male Tir'ay master after all the four former styles had females as its founders/masters. Men can fight too, not only cook/clean. <_<
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:50 am

James Rye wrote:

As i said, doesn´t need to be taken too seriously. We can make it a project by all warriors too and let it be with unnamed many masters.
That and i wanted a male Tir'ay master after all the four former styles had females as its founders/masters. Men can fight too, not only cook/clean. <_<

Women are traditionally physically stronger then men, hence why the former masters have been female

while it would be nice to have a change in gender status, I think this is going to be a group effort kind of thing, making 1 character 5th master just because they voiced the idea wouldn't really make too much sense

I also am more then available to help out with the micro stuff if need be ^^
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Hetros on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:51 am

James Rye wrote:

I wonder if we could get Badai to help develope it... he used a Ti'ray style involving swords... hmmm... we'll see =P
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:56 am

Tsuris wrote:
James Rye wrote:

Women are traditionally physically stronger then men, hence why the former masters have been female

while it would be nice to have a change in gender status, I think this is going to be a group effort kind of thing, making 1 character 5th master just because they voiced the idea wouldn't really make too much sense

I also am more then available to help out with the micro stuff if need be ^^

Eh, i want it as signature more anyway than as something *in-game offical*. ^g^

Good to hear that, Tsu. :)
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:56 am

Unlikely Badai stated he does not like to use armors in fights. He's nothing more then a easy kill to the enemy since he will be the first targeted by the enemy when the enemy has to decide who to attack first. The idiot not wearing armor or the guys in full plate armors?

Besides we already got a male champion. Having a male tiray master on the art of using heavy armors would be beneficial in getting more players involved in creating more lore to the clan. It's a good idea that an invention of mine could help create a whole culture mindset in the clan. It does open the door in wanting to create new arts for other classes. Wonder if doing such a thing with Wargolems who would be designed for pure melee in mind could be conceivable.
Last edited by minalia on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 am

minalia wrote:Unlikely Badai stated he does not like to use armors in fights. He's nothing more then a easy kill to the enemy since he will be the first targeted by the enemy when the enemy has to decide who to attack first. The idiot not wearing armor or the guys in full plate armors?

Besides we already got a male champion. Having a male tiray master on the art of using heavy armors would be beneficial in getting more players involved in creating more lore to the clan. It's a good idea that an invention of mine could help create a whole culture mindset in the clan.

sounds good too me then.

Though James I would like to point out I've been arguing for a new form of ti'ray (well an adapted style really) on the skype for a while =3 but hey, you're the one putting up the new data, so go for it.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gojinki on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:08 am

A Tir'ay style using the armor's weight would be nice. Something like using smaller strikes up close to cause loss of balance then following through with a heavier strike using momentum and gravity to make it much more serious.
Gojinki
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:19 am

Hm, i guess i´ll just add that title in my signature anyway. After all, its just my sig for the forums anyway and hasn´t to do anything inside the game.^^
And there probably no benefits being a master. Expect we get free beer or something then i´ll fight to death for the title. <.<
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Community Centre