The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Mana Flare Signal Code and Meanings

Postby Timotheus on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 pm

LA advice submitted on June 1, 2012

"Establish mana flare signal code and meanings using primary color flares" (71 letters)

Purpose, to establish that there is in fact a system of mana flare signals that have different meanings and can be used to send messages and warnings to other clan members and the main colony.

Two single colors are warnings (Red danger - immediate, Blue - send help, yellow - possible trouble, stand by)

Other combinations of one, two, or three colors will have specified meanings (Fire, ambush, target found, we're here, come here, run away,...etc.)

(Examples -
Yellow-Yellow-Blue, bringing in/have injured people, have medical assistance stand by.
Yellow-Blue-Blue, bringing in/have injured people, have medical assistance come meet us.
Yellow-Blue-Red, bringing in/have severely injured people, send assistance ASAP.
Red-Red-Blue, party is in danger and needs assistance ASAP.
Red-Yellow-Red, party is trapped/surrounded/pinned down, approach carefully.

After this we should be able to send flare signals that will mean something.
(I'm purposely not trying to list all the codes and their meanings. It would be too limiting and too micro.)
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Mana Flare Signal Code and Meanings

Postby Pariel on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:46 pm

I do think that we had already stablished a mana flare code back in p2p1. I suggest you take a look at the archives...
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Timotheus on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:11 pm

I found references to possible signals by other clans and indications that we were going to do it or planned to do it or might have done it. But no flat out statement that we had a program in place. So rather than beat around the bush on the topic, I figure it's easier to just re-establish the fact that we have a signal system and can use it in the future instead of arguing over whether we do or not next time we want to send a message to the home colony.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Timotheus on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:44 pm

It has been brought to my attention that a mana flare system was put into effect by the clan back on 6/6/2008 by Pariel/Tsabal:

http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... p?sid=4937

I humbly concede the point.
So it should be assumed that the signal system I've asked to have be accepted is either a restoration of that system or an improved version of it.

The sole purpose behind suggesting this action was to clarify what we could do with mana flares and what type of information could be sent by them, not that we had mana flares or a warning system using them.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Return to Community Centre