The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Tei'kaliath Healer Thread

Postby Leonis on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 pm

I would prefer if Mirul was checked on as well. We haven't done that in a few days. Also... my concern was with the "Scattering of the mana plant seeds in o" not checking the character count. Cause the way I read that advice is that the seeds are just spread somewhat willy nilly, not necessarily in the parts, OR in the planters in the house.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby James Rye on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Tsuris wrote:Omb'reh posted an advice, it's fine as is.

It is.
I´ll just post my Brimingust/Mirual/medical forest plants advise next week right at wednesday to make sure i´ll get some info on them. :P
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby goblin6 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:34 pm

To the healers at the war front, your votes for the EA advices would be most appreciated. You guys fell under the same clause as the warriors, your votes will still count for EA advices. So please helps those back home. ^^ Also, Biel has more then enough votes. ^^;
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tohya on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:52 am

I would of expected the Nal's to have already asked the ferals about medicinal plants a long time ago. As such I think there is little chance of learning anything new.

Briningust is unlikely to lie. or refuse to answer, any questions we ask him. And asking him will get us the info quicker and give us a way to verify what the prisoners are saying.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:51 am

James Rye wrote:
Tsuris wrote:Omb'reh posted an advice, it's fine as is.

It is.
I´ll just post my Brimingust/Mirual/medical forest plants advise next week right at wednesday to make sure i´ll get some info on them. :P

Next time we have to continue treatment of Brimingust, and I don't think asking Mirual or the other ferals about healing herbs is necessary at this time anyway.

I think Tohya makes a good point, both on the herbs and the questioning, We can ask Brimingust if he knows what happened to the supplies since he has no reason to lie or anything

but let's patch him up first before we play 20 questions with him
(So next week we finish treating him, then the week after that we ask him)

Checking up on Mirul is something we probably should have done earlier but I think it would be unnecessary now, she's awake, which means she's stable, checking on her would be a waste at this point
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Leonis on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Just because someone is awake, does not mean that they do not have an infection. I am of the opinion that she should at the very least get a check up.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:43 pm

We caught the enemy leader but she's pretty badly hurt, so dunno how long she'll last or how useful she'll be, and we ourselves are wounded and need time to recover/rest up.

Ideas fellow Auans? Kinda funny how we passed up on meeting with the healers before and we could use them XD, but I guess that's conflict for ya, can never predict how things will turn out
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby minalia on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Kill her before she turns into a demon.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby James Rye on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:10 pm

There´s the (rather big) possibility that she won´t.
Most people don´t like turning into a demon creature, their soul trapped in pain and anguish while their body morphs into something bleargh. Like Sibylle, she could have done so in order to kill Quain, yet she didn´t. Death was a better option than turning into a demon. Remember the rider of that ancient Sharen golem which attacked the Sargs home? Yeah, that guy too rather wanted to be dead than like this. She´ll probably think so the same.

However you can increase her pain in her last minutes alive while offering her a chance for a quick and rather painless death. Or you don´t inflict any pain and pretent to safe her/lieto her, telling her that your healers will heal her wounds if she gives info on the forces ahead. Afterwards you kill her ofc, too dangerous to kept alive.
Whatever seems better to you, but i wouldn´t want to waste this chance you guys got after those sacrifices. Those infos could be a huge boost in the next turn justifided the risk to get them.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby goblin6 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 pm

James Rye wrote:There´s the (rather big) possibility that she won´t.
Most people don´t like turning into a demon creature, their soul trapped in pain and anguish while their body morphs into something bleargh. Like Sibylle, she could have done so in order to kill Quain, yet she didn´t. Death was a better option than turning into a demon. Remember the rider of that ancient Sharen golem which attacked the Sargs home? Yeah, that guy too rather wanted to be dead than like this. She´ll probably think so the same.

However you can increase her pain in her last minutes alive while offering her a chance for a quick and rather painless death. Or you don´t inflict any pain and pretent to safe her/lieto her, telling her that your healers will heal her wounds if she gives info on the forces ahead. Afterwards you kill her ofc, too dangerous to kept alive.
Whatever seems better to you, but i wouldn´t want to waste this chance you guys got after those sacrifices. Those infos could be a huge boost in the next turn justifided the risk to get them.

The commander is now a cornered fox with nothing left to lose, as much as I wanted us to extract any useful info from her, the risk is to high to let her live any longer. She might let the demon loose or not, but I think it's best not to take chances.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Loniar on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:40 pm

goblin6 wrote:
The commander is now a cornered fox with nothing left to lose, as much as I wanted us to extract any useful info from her, the risk is to high to let her live any longer. She might let the demon loose or not, but I think it's best not to take chances.

I strongly agree with Zec here. This woman just took out a sizable amount of our forces in an attempt to bring us down instead of surrendering, even though it's pretty much implied it was her against all of us. That implies that she really, really doesn't like us. Now, if you're dying - and she is, she's got to know that she's mortally wounded and has no hope of escape now - and are captured, you have two options. 1) Let your captors interrogate you and watch them be victorious as you slowly die. 2) Do your worst to try and take as many of them down with you as you can. As a commander who showed extreme bravery (and dislike for us) by standing her ground against impossible odds... I'd have to say that she'll likely choose option 2.
Loniar
Tainted

Postby Tohya on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 pm

minalia wrote:Kill her before she turns into a demon.

If you are worried about that, then the dwarves should kill her away from the TK. The dwarves can't become tainted and there is little mana in the area.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Not likely, depending on the fact that option 2) means becoming a demon something which so far almost all drows strongly disagreed to become. Some drows didn´t give in in their deepest hate in fear of what they could become when setting the seed free.
Its also likely that she will talk if offered the chance of survival/treatment or will talk for a quick death after torture to break her will.
Also keep in mind she also knows of all entrances sealed which means we´re not the only ones here and that the past hours their forces were losing. She gains nothing when she dies or turns into a demon expect killing or tainting some of us, but if she believes we´re on the winner side, she might take the deal.
After we got what we need, we dispose of her.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby goblin6 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:09 pm

James Rye wrote:Not likely, depending on the fact that option 2) means becoming a demon something which so far almost all drows strongly disagreed to become. Some drows didn´t give in in their deepest hate in fear of what they could become when setting the seed free.
Its also likely that she will talk if offered the chance of survival/treatment or will talk for a quick death after torture to break her will.
Also keep in mind she also knows of all entrances sealed which means we´re not the only ones here and that the past hours their forces were losing. She gains nothing when she dies or turns into a demon expect killing or tainting some of us, but if she believes we´re on the winner side, she might take the deal.
After we got what we need, we dispose of her.

I still stand on executing the commander for the risk is to great. She's slowly bleeding to death and Auon will not rendezvous with Siln until during/after the final battle, so even if we spare her, she still dies. Also, she won't break easily like the grunts, so it will take time to interrogate her; add in the fact she's on the verge of death, she probably won't live long enough to tell us anything useful. And most importantly, she hates our guts. Hatred and anger can lead people to do very stupid things, some willingly do irrational things cause they don't give a damn or have nothing left to lose. She could release her demon at any moment, let's not take chances and finish her off before she does.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 pm

Well, Durßs group got the time given that they gonna rest this turn anyway, so time to break her before she dies is no problem. Won´t she lose her soul or something similar if she unleash the seed? Maybe she won´t think if it worth the cause. Who knows how she stands to the ones behind this operation to take over a dvergar city? Maybe she thought the whole time this operation was doomed but fought us so furiously as she was sure to be killed. She might change her mind of not telling us anything if given the chance to survive. Granted its a lie, but if she´s desperate enough she´ll take it.
Or we leave it to the dvergars imagine to break her body till she really wants to die quickly and is ready to do anything for the sweet embrace of death.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre