The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: The Explorer Guild House

Postby benuminister on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:42 am

Sorry I should elaborate on that comment a bit more. I was more dealing with resource gathering patrols.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Hetros on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:49 pm

What the explorers should do over the time skip is establish trade and alliances with the Halms and Kotorcs >.>
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Leonis on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Agreed... Maybe be "Ambassadors" as well. Because it appears that after the time jump there MIGHT be some baddies rolling down to infiltrate and if we don't have good relations with our neighbors.... that could put us in a poor position.

ETA: Then again that also lets our Neighbors know that we exist and where we are, more or less. UNLESS the rest of the clan (Architects and Farmers) Work together to establish a "secondary Colony" near the edge of the forest. The OTHER option to where the original colony was suggested. And we DID reserve the right with the Nal's to set something up there. However, opening up a "second colony" opens up a can of worms that we may not want to deal with, not having the people power necessarily to deal with staffing it, and feeding it, having folks to inhabit it, having the warriors to protect it. The Nal's may not want to protect TWO colonies.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Hetros on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 pm

explorers! PUT THIS ACTION UP THIS TURN PLEASE!

"Go explore the place the mining expedition said they saw a mana flare from"
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby goblin6 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Hetros wrote:explorers! PUT THIS ACTION UP THIS TURN PLEASE!

Going to need a good reason why Hetros.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Hetros on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:07 pm

goblin6 wrote:
Hetros wrote:explorers! PUT THIS ACTION UP THIS TURN PLEASE!

Going to need a good reason why Hetros.

There is a chance that whoever was there had survival armor, armor capable of retaining auras within themselves that our engineers could reverse engineer and use to upgrade our heavy armor with. This means they can make sorties far out, and further, we could use it to make "golem pods" for transporting other people to far off destinations I bet!

If there's any chance that a corpse with that armor has been left behind, we NEED to find it.

edit: secondly, there's a chance that there's a camp still there, though that's unlikely I think given that the Dvegar informed us members of our kind left for a far off city of our kind >_>
Last edited by Hetros on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:07 pm

there will be plenty of infighting for sure
[6:46:35 PM] Minalia: hetros
[6:46:43 PM] Minalia: all i got from thalar is a confirmation that i can make the power armor
[6:46:50 PM] Minalia: if i devote time and research
[6:46:51 PM] Rilla Treespirit: Our city is not the only place we may have to fight. If we have outposts they will not spontaneously have high mana levels.
[6:47:09 PM] Minalia: unless i find a sagress armor
[6:47:13 PM] Minalia: there is no way i can make 1
[6:47:26 PM] Hetros: Wait
[6:47:29 PM] Minalia: find me a survival sargress armor..then i can make a survival gear
[6:47:32 PM] Hetros: she said you couldn't make survival armor?
[6:47:37 PM] Minalia: i can
[6:47:40 PM] Rilla Treespirit: No she didn't
[6:47:40 PM] Hetros: you told me that she said we could make one or the other.
[6:47:44 PM] Minalia: but i would need to reverse engineer it
[6:47:48 PM] Hetros: Gotcha
[6:47:52 PM] Hetros: well that sucks
[6:48:03 PM] Minalia: or find a similiar outfit
[6:48:07 PM] Rilla Treespirit: You might be able to mix elements of both.
[6:48:14 PM] Hetros: survival armor is much much much much much much much much much much much much much more useful for us right now =S I guess we could ask the nals to bring us an example.
[6:48:21 PM] Hetros: nope it's a one or the other sorta deal
[6:48:27 PM] Minalia: get me something like that
[6:48:33 PM] Minalia: and i will make it happen
[6:48:34 PM] Rilla Treespirit: Saghress raiders might turn up on our doorstep if we're lucky
[6:48:47 PM] Kearjih: [6:47 PM] Minalia:

<<< but i would need to reverse engineer itwell we should be able to "find" a raider corpse one of these days ...
[6:48:49 PM] Rilla Treespirit: or unlucky depends on how you look at it.
[6:48:50 PM] Minalia: until then i can only make the power armor with the tech we gonna learn from the dokkalfar golem
[6:50:04 PM] Hetros: gotcha
[6:50:12 PM] Hetros: wait
[6:50:13 PM] Hetros: WAIT
[6:50:13 PM] Hetros: O_O
[6:50:25 PM] Hetros: HUNTERS NEED TO GO EXPLORE THAT PLACE WHERE THE MANA FLARE CAME FROM!
[6:50:37 PM] Hetros: explorers*
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby benuminister on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Yeah I saw, but thanks for putting it here on the rest of the explorers though. I'm, putting up a hunter/exploder action to go check out the flare this turn so anyone who wants to help and can say that they will remember to continue voting on such a search please vote for it.

Our main goal is to survey the are and if safe to then move in to collect any resources we find there. We will try to be silent and not to engage in any fighting if it can be avoided.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Leonis on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:02 am

Hunters have alot of tasks that they need to complete for the clan. Explorers are the ones best suited to going out and finding and investigating stuff.
Leonis
Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:30 am

Agreed about the hunters being short handed. Ze'carga is leaving, so now with the new hunter we have 5 people (exactly enough for an action) including Sut, who changes class sometimes. We also have a backload of hunter projects. If you are going to put hunters on the action, please first post in our forum thread requesting help. We're short handed and you'd be better off coordinating with us and waitin for a turn where we all go together with you. :)

(If you don't coordinate a date with us, then hunter actions will not pass. That will impact the whole clan's productivity negatively. We may even fail at our timeskip project! So asking for help in the thread is the best idea.)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:54 am

Oy, too late. Oh well. Next time any class wants hunter participation, please ask it instead of assuming or demanding it. I'm really tired of having to say this but we're swamped and could use a little heads up.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Timotheus on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:31 am

I'm going to post this here on the odd chance someone may want one.

Last edited by Timotheus on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:56 pm

I am going through the archives to compile a list of all the panels with information relevant to diplomacy in Hanen, the other human city, and the kotorcs. Because I'm obsessively thorough like that. I'll probably have it posted here by tomorrow night at the latest, if not by tonight. ;)

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Leonis on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Yes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE request and coordinate. That little "Trip" You have planned is an Expedition... and if it passes, will very possibly keep the hunters from being able to be effective at the stuff which we need to do to get the clan ready for the time skip for several IC Days, possibly up until the time skip itself!

Edited to Add: Expeditions should take place in the LA. This way the productivity of the EA is not hurt.
Leonis
Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm

The LA is not the place for player-led expeditons. Only plot required expeditions should be in the LA. :)

I agree with the communication thing. I think every hunter has kinda chewed him out about it now. ^^;

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre