The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

The Explorer Guild House

Postby benuminister on Mon May 14, 2012 7:00 am

Q: What is this thread for?
A: Organizing the players under the Explorer job class in order make our joint actions more effective.

Q: What does a explorer do?
A: Explorers are used mostly for relic hunting, scouting missions and minor military skirmishes

Q: So where does this put the explorer on the battlefield?
A: We play the support role trying to compliment units of either warrior or hunters by either offering melee or ranged support. We're not the toughest fighters but we go were we're needed.

Q: What are explorers outfitted with?
A: Small automatic crossbows, Tei'kalaith swords (recommended), Medium Armor (not yet produced)

The explorers' job, and what they are good at, is to survive in the dangerous conditions of moons age ruins, to locate resources in the forest of Amaranth, and to avoid trouble. To be self sufficient in the time they spend away from the colony. The explorers are nowhere near the hunters in damage output and should be considered a light support unit at best.
-Thalar

Current Objectives
Identify the source of the Mana Flare seen in Moon 2 Day 30 EA by the failed expedition to the J27
Halme Expedition
Last edited by benuminister on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: The Explorer Guild House

Postby benuminister on Fri May 18, 2012 10:03 pm

EA after this I suggest some encumbrance training for the explorers. Best that we learn how to get around while carrying items back from successful relic hunts after all.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Ultimatecalibur on Thu May 24, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm thinking of putting up a crossbow practice EA advice.

I really wish we had an effective Sniper crossbow.
Kris'tian Al'dun - Scout

I saw the Griffin first, so I'm calling dibs.

Apparently I like rafts.
Ultimatecalibur
Summoner

Postby Timotheus on Sat May 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Next week, as a result of deep thought while out rescuing Muriel, I want to present the following LA...

"Establish mana flare signal codes and meanings Use primary colors as flares" (75 letters)

Two single colors are warnings (Red danger - immediate, Blue - send help, yellow - possible trouble, stand by)

Other combinations of one, two, or three colors will have specified meanings (Fire, ambush, target found, we're here, come here, run away,...etc.)

After that we should be able to send flare signals that will mean something. (I'm purposely not trying to list all the codes and their meanings. Too limiting and too micro.)
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby benuminister on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:37 pm

I don't really think it's good for explorers to be carrying around flares but I would like to see some grapnels and some bells made for us.

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Leonis on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:19 am

They would be Mana flares...
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby benuminister on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:41 am

Updated the top post with quote from Thalar

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Taruna on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Greetings there, Explorers.

I hope you don't mind me dropping in and leave some comments. I promise I will not try to meddle too much in your profession, I merely wish to give points to consider, taken at your convenience.

First off I have a question:
Do you plan to expand the first post with upcoming plans for the explorers? Something like a training shedule and possible targets? That would probably make it easier to drop in some warriors if you guys wish to request them.
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:27 pm

I have a simple request that will take a few turns for the explorers to do. Take the fishing boat and inspect sector H18 log cabin house to determine if we can use this as staging point for multi expedition relay point. If so, it will be the start for a long operation that will consist in obtaining resources our clans needs for long term survival and trading. This is something me and Tim are working on and i do not wish to explain more for the time being.

Why the fishing boat? Because you can go around WAY faster then on foot requiring less turns to move in and out of a hotspot. I only need you guys to go in, look around and get out before night falls. We can deal with whatever may be living inside those abandoned cabins in a later expedition. Duration of the mission 3 turns.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby benuminister on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:01 am

Taruna wrote:Greetings there, Explorers.

I hope you don't mind me dropping in and leave some comments. I promise I will not try to meddle too much in your profession, I merely wish to give points to consider, taken at your convenience.

First off I have a question:
Do you plan to expand the first post with upcoming plans for the explorers? Something like a training shedule and possible targets? That would probably make it easier to drop in some warriors if you guys wish to request them.

It was my plan however as there are so few of us posting on here I'm planning to wait off on it for now.

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:21 am

If the explorers need something to do, perhaps better scouting around our city? There were mana flares seen a while back, I doubt there's -anything- left anymore, but you might as well investigate right?
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby benuminister on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:21 am

Just updating the top box with the mana flare exploration and the Halme expedition.

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Wy'shira on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:45 am

Current Objectives
Identify the source of the Mana Flare seen in Moon 2 Day 30 EA by the failed expedition to the J27
Halme Expedition

I wanted to drop by and say that I adore these ideas! I sadly will be busy with the hunters for a while now, so I will most likely not be able to class-switch to participate in either explorer trip, but I hope to help out as much as I can with planning and just spitting out ideas. So let me know if you ever need an overactive hunter with a million and 12 ideas about the Hanen expedition! I think going to Hanen and maybe to the kotorcs or another halme city is a great timeskip project for the explorers. :3

ETA: I think a big question for the Hanen expedition is the issue of interpreters. We could possibly use a feral interpreter, but that would then be dependent on the ferals wanting to come with. There is also the idea of buying a halme slave from the Nals and either 1.) freeing the slave but making them live as an ambassador/translator for us 2.) treating the slave very well and rewarding him/her with a house and freedoms as he/she preforms well 3.) motivating the slave in another way, shape, or form to be loyal to us and to want to act as a willing translator. And also all sorts of in-between methods.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby benuminister on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:27 am

Update to those who were going to participate in the expedition to the mana flare this until the war is over it will be either delayed or cancelled. Aside from that I suggest regular patrols while the warriors are away.

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Leonis on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:23 am

Patrols are not needed. The Nal's will take care of that. Anji said that in the LA a few weeks back.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Next

Return to Community Centre