The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Quick discussion: Mirual rescue

Postby Kear'Naun on Sat May 26, 2012 1:06 am

Of the top of my head I would suggest the following wording:

Hunters: First aid and rush Mirual to city and healers.Top speed.Stay alert

Which should be 75 characters. Sadly can't think of a way to fit anymore in there ...
Kear'Naun
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Wy'shira on Sat May 26, 2012 1:36 am

I fully support that option, Kear. We need to mention the first aid because the LA mentions we can set her wounds. Anyone have any protests or corrections about that LA?

We need to get it posted tonight, so that no one posts a less efficient option.

ETA: The more I read that option, the more I like it for these reasons: A.) Mentions first aid B.) Mentions ASAP moving. C.) Protection from further attack D.) Names Mirual specifically. I like it. Let's wait for Nacht and a few more hunters to voice their consent / dissent before posting it. :) We don't want to wait an extra day for reasons I said earlier.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat May 26, 2012 3:54 am

If I were a hunter (and part of the rescue group) I would vote for it!

But I actually wanted to bring something else up... These ferals risked their lives to help us, asking nothing in return... They are the definition of Heroes in my book as a result, and I think they should be awarded appropriately. Now sure, I might seem to be jumping the gun a little, you have to get back to the city first, but ultimately I don't think it matters, even if Mirual does not survive (heck even more so then - honour the sacrifice). The question I'm stuck on is not weather we should reward them or not, but how...

I encourage discussion about the subject here, but I have also created a separate thread here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=16599

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Timotheus on Sat May 26, 2012 5:13 am

Next week the crafters should set aside four votes and an EA to make more jinglie bells for the ferals. And maybe we could put up a scratching post for them.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby James Rye on Sat May 26, 2012 11:15 am

"Prepare Mirula´s treatment if injured, treat at once if she arrives today." - 74 letters (finally, after ten tries to word it...)

I can send Thalar a short pm that i mean if the hunters are fast enough to reach us at the late evening if they don´t rest that we healers are prepared for it and will start treating her right away no matter how late the group arrived in the colony. After all, you guys might even come home in the EA update already.
Cause i doubt you guys gonna need two days to arrive home, not in the state Mirula is currently, you will try to get her home as fast as possible and you guys got the needed rest to do such an exhausting fast travel.

That way we can mkae sure Mirula will make it cause i fear if we don´t start treating her right awy the next update, she´ll die or fall in a coma or something. And that´d be shitty for what she did for us. :/

Should i go for it? Better be prepared/can possible start healing right away than waiting for another week and then gets surprised that we would have been able to treat her this update, right? :(
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kear'Naun on Sat May 26, 2012 2:56 pm

As a Healer action? I like the idea. Hmm, but I wonder if it is a bit Meta worded like that? *skritches back of head*
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby goblin6 on Sat May 26, 2012 3:40 pm

Sorry James, but your advice is meta gaming, though I would love to give Mirual immediate medical intention the moment we hit home. Took us two days to find her, if we're rushing back home without stopping, my guess is that by the time we get back, the day is almost over, as in night time. I also support Kearjih's advice, it covers all our bases:, first aid to Mirual, head back home immediately and stay alert for other dangers.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby James Rye on Sat May 26, 2012 5:52 pm

If i change my advise like this, it isn´t meta anymore.

Prepare treatment for possible casualties, treat em if group arrives today. - 75 letters

It´s not meta cause a) it doesn´t act like there are injured or who´s injured but is more vague about *possible casualties* which could also include you hunter and b) with the *if* in the second part it won´t be a *it mut happen*, so we can still prepare even if you haven´t arrived yet in one turn. Though as you said gob, i also think you´ll manage to arrive in around a day, just late at night then.
But if so then we´re prepared and can act once your group comes home with Mirula.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Sat May 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Gonna have to say no James, it's still close to meta knowledge in a way, even if it doesn't sound like it with the "if" and all, thalar will probably still see it as meta gaming due to it being posted.

When the hunters get back next LA update, then we can post options to heal her, until then, we don't know when they'll get back. Hunters now should focus on getting her back to the colony before the healers do anything. We'll heal her next week.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Kear'Naun on Sat May 26, 2012 7:10 pm

James Rye wrote:If i change my advise like this, it isn´t meta anymore.

Prepare treatment for possible casualties, treat em if group arrives today. - 75 letters

It´s not meta cause a) it doesn´t act like there are injured or who´s injured but is more vague about *possible casualties* which could also include you hunter and b) with the *if* in the second part it won´t be a *it mut happen*, so we can still prepare even if you haven´t arrived yet in one turn. Though as you said gob, i also think you´ll manage to arrive in around a day, just late at night then.
But if so then we´re prepared and can act once your group comes home with Mirula.

Well I like it better that way. Maybe replace casualties with injuries/injured. Wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to have an emergency team ready at the colony whenever we have a group out on a mission.

Even if Thalar shoots it down as metagaming this once, it is something that should be worth a thought or two for the future. Set up some kind of 24/7 emergency room where we always have a healer on duty?
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Tsuris on Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Any changes made to our medical services now will most likely be seen as meta knowledge by Thalar, and I'd rather not risk wasting votes on something that probably will not work.

After we save Mirual though, we can probably set up an ER kind of thing, hell that sounds like a great idea.

But changing anything now is chancy, and I'd rather not do it yet.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Leonis on Sat May 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Setting up an ER and having it constantly staffed by one/two healers is not a bad idea.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Tsuris on Sat May 26, 2012 7:55 pm

An ER is a fantastic idea, but again, changing it now would be considered spontaneous and possible meta knowledge, we should wait until next week to do anything, but it's an idea I could really get behind.

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby James Rye on Sat May 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Tsuris wrote:Gonna have to say no James, it's still close to meta knowledge in a way, even if it doesn't sound like it with the "if" and all, thalar will probably still see it as meta gaming due to it being posted.

When the hunters get back next LA update, then we can post options to heal her, until then, we don't know when they'll get back. Hunters now should focus on getting her back to the colony before the healers do anything. We'll heal her next week.

How is it meta if we send a rescue team to save someone who got chased by an animal which killed one of our own with ONE stroke? It isn´t meta gaming, it´s smarts. People always prepare for the worst, look at humankind, heck we prepare for everything and in the end weren´t prepared enough when something happens (lol).
If Thalar would answer that pm, the decision about this would get done mcuh smoother...
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Sat May 26, 2012 8:47 pm

James Rye wrote:
Tsuris wrote:Gonna have to say no James, it's still close to meta knowledge in a way, even if it doesn't sound like it with the "if" and all, thalar will probably still see it as meta gaming due to it being posted.

How is it meta if we send a rescue team to save someone who got chased by an animal which killed one of our own with ONE stroke? It isn´t meta gaming, it´s smarts. People always prepare for the worst, look at humankind, heck we prepare for everything and in the end weren´t prepared enough when something happens (lol).
If Thalar would answer that pm, the decision about this would get done mcuh smoother...

Then let's wait for her answer, if she doesn't see it as meta knowledge, go for it

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre