The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Quick discussion: Mirual rescue

Postby Timotheus on Sat May 19, 2012 8:53 pm

My primary feeling is to take a break if we need a rest so we're in condition to deal with the Bob (Kurr) when we find it. I only felt that some provision should be acknowledged that if there was a NEED to push on regardless because of circumstances, we had that option. The only person who'd know if those circumstances would occur is Orrul (AKA - the Game Mistress), so I felt justified in stating my choice (rest) while leaving an opening to cover our butts if the GM was going to pull a "If you'd only gotten there an hour sooner."
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby goblin6 on Sun May 20, 2012 2:44 am

The current tally for the options:

Option 1/Proceed without rest: 1
Supporters: Xalgoz

Option 2/Rest and continue at dawn: 4
Supporters: Myself, Wy'shira, Timotheus, Nacht

Those who haven't voice their opinions yet: Zurus, Aeryll, Seraphina, Tamato

Tamato is exempt due to already posting an advice without the consent of the group, but it seems she's in favor of option 1.

Nacht posted in the shoutbox that he favors the second option, here's proof,

18:24 Nacht'ling (Nacht): Hey guys. Just giving my 2 cents - I think we should straight up say we rest before going on. No point in trying to get the best of both options, Thalar is making us pick one

After doing a bit of searching, I've been able to find Zurus' forum name, it's ildorad. Aeryll's forum name is the same as her PTP character name. I can get in touch with Seraphina and Tamato via skype since we're family members. I took the liberty to PM them all to let them know about about coming to a consensus on what to do next.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Wy'shira on Sun May 20, 2012 2:51 am

Thanks! That will make it easier to reach everyone for decisions regarding the rescue in the future. Whee~ ^^
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby drakanor on Sun May 20, 2012 3:08 am

I can say that with the amount of blood on the ground that Mirual has a least one deep wound ... This is just me going off on what the panel shows. Gonna have to throw my vote into hurrying ... Her chances of living are very slim otherwise.
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby goblin6 on Sun May 20, 2012 3:10 am

Thanks for your input Seraphina, so the tally is now:

Option 1: 3
Supporters: Xalgoz, Seraphina, Tamato

Option 2: 4
Supporters: Myself, Wy'shira, Nacht, Timotheus

That just leaves Zurus and Aeryll.

Edit 1: I decided to add Tamato to the tally. She may not be able to vote for the advice the group decides on, but it would be unfair to disregard her opinion on the matter just because she jump the gun. This is a group effort and everyone's opinion matters. We also risk the chance of a stalemate if the other two voted for option 1, I think Thalar made us an odd number team for this reason. We should come to a consensus by tomorrow night, majority rules; if the remaining members don't cast their vote on what our next action should be, we should proceed regardless. We need to get this posted/voted before Wednesday.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby drakanor on Sun May 20, 2012 7:49 am

Agreed there. We need to have this settled fast and voted for ASAP as it is. I can also say that we need to vote as a bloc for this mission. as it is we might end up losing Tamato for at least a day ...
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby Kear'Naun on Sun May 20, 2012 9:40 am

*baps Goblin for forgetting him* :( But yeah I'm in favour of getting a minimum of rest. No use stumbeling over anything sleepdrunk and exhausted. Really only as much rest as has to be though, as I don't want to loose too much time either. Maybe something like:

Hunters: Short rest. A little sleep & cold meal.Then continue.Stay alert.

Would be my suggestion anyway. 73 characters if I counted it right. *hugs all & baps Tamato lightly for putting an option up early* Patience green grasshopper. ^^;
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby Xalgoz on Sun May 20, 2012 10:41 am

That' 5 for resting, a majority, go ahead and work on the wording and try to get it up today if possible.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby Aeryll on Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 am

To make the voting complete:

I'd go for option 1, continue without rest.
Feeling that time is more precious than rest.
Aeryll
Summoner

Postby goblin6 on Sun May 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Current Tally

Option 1:4
Supporters:Xalgoz, Tamato, Seraphina, Aeryll

Option 2:5
Supporters: Myself, Wy'shira, Timotheus, Nacht, Kearjih

Sorry for forgetting about you Kearjih. ^^; For that, I will proceed to throw myself of the nearest ravine. All that's left is Zurus, I'm still waiting for his response and will post it once I receive it. Now if you would excuse me, I have a ravine to jump off. :P
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Xalgoz on Sun May 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Even if it ties, Tomato shouldn't really count anyway since he posted already, tiebreaker should default to resting, or I'll switch my vote to make it so, let's just get the option up.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby Timotheus on Sun May 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Rest and early start, unless there is a need for haste.

How's this version?
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Kear'Naun on Sun May 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Advice is up as "Hunters: Short rest and early start. Stay alert. Make haste if needed." Please vote! *bows to assembled hunting party*
Kear'Naun
Demon

Postby goblin6 on Sun May 20, 2012 7:50 pm

I regain consciousness and crawled back out of the ravine. So yeah, I'm fully aware that there was still a chance of a deadlock if Zurus voted for option 1, which is why I post a dead line tonight. But for now, majority rules that we rest up. Although I don't like how Kearjih's advice was worded, specifically the part where we "make haste if need be", as it is similar to what Timotheus suggested. It still sounds like an attempt to combine the best of both options, but the rest of the advice is fine. Regardless, I voted for it anyway; we don't want to end up like the golem expedition. The only ones who haven't voted for it is Nacht, Wy'shira, and Zurus. I'll contact each and remind them to do so.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Wy'shira on Sat May 26, 2012 12:27 am

I recommend this EA: "(Hunters) Return with Mirual to city at top speed, keep lookout for attacks" (75). Mirual is being carried by the ferals. What do you think, guys?

ETA: Tim also suggested: "(Hunters) Return ASAP. Make stretchers if needed. Stay alert." I'd prefer to add Mirual's name in there, as there's room.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre