The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Quick discussion: Mirual rescue

Postby James Rye on Fri May 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Looks like if you slow down she might die and if you haste you might save her with the risk of getting yourself in danger.

Tha´s what it looks to me. I´m for pushing forward, but then again i always push ahead. XD
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Timotheus on Sat May 19, 2012 12:39 am

Rest and early start unless time is of the essence, then push on. Ask Orrul (75 letters)
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tohya on Sat May 19, 2012 6:09 am

If Mirual has been chased by the Kurr this entire time, you will want to find her as quickly as possible.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Sat May 19, 2012 9:20 am

Especially when she´s wounded.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat May 19, 2012 2:46 pm

I'd suggest putting it to Orrul directly, something like: "Follow Orrul's lead, get what rest we can when we can" (53)

Orrul's the 'expert' here, he knows the land and it creatures better than the best of us, so following his lead is smart. But by mentioning the 'rest when we can' bit, you still have the desire to avoid wearing yourselves out all together covered too.

*shrugs*

Best I could think of...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby goblin6 on Sat May 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Tamato just posted the advice continue the search, though it seems that it's cut off and thus, incomplete. If we post/vote for another option, Tamato may be left behind or worse. As much as it pains me, we got to move on without her. By the way, I'm sure you guys know this already, but we can still vote for EA options, just not post them.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Wy'shira on Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 pm

We can't afford to vote for an incomplete option or an opinion that doesn't come from a hunter consensus. That defeats the purpose of even doing this. So I agree. Unfortunately we must vote for another option that we post.

Is there some way to reach all the other hunters? I feel uneasy here with all this discussion and only a few of the actual people in the expedition being involved. We need a large majority to decide which action to put, and I believe only 3/8 hunters have responded here with how they feel (haven't seen shoutbox answers either). For the record I think we all knew the risks of coming, but we should get some rest first. I'm worried about the wording of the going ahead LA. Tim's advise was borderline wishy washy, but that second one seems to want to play best of both worlds a little too much for my liking. I'm afraid we may get punished if we try to cheat or trick Thalar by taking both of her options when she obviously wanted us to pick either or. (Actually now that I type this, I'm getting a little worried about Tim's LA as well. ^^; I think it's clear enough to work though.)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Timotheus on Sat May 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Rest and early start, push on only if time is vital. Ask Orrul.

How's that? any better?
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Leonis on Sat May 19, 2012 6:06 pm

As you hunters CAN Vote in the EA, just not post... >.> If I could get some votes for hunting for Trideer, it would be appreciated. We do need to keep up the meat so we can pay the Dwarves.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby goblin6 on Sat May 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Thalar gave us two choices, and I rather not beat around the bush to see if we can get the best of both options and get punish for it. I suggest we rest up and continue at the break of dawn, we need to be at our best if we run into trouble. Although our missions is to find Mirual, our safety comes first until we find her; we're no good if we're exhausted or dead before then. Here's my advice:

(Hunters) Rest and continue at the break of dawn, follow Orrul's lead.

70 characters. What do you guys think?
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Wy'shira on Sat May 19, 2012 6:15 pm

I really like that one, Zec'arga. If anyone has any concerns about time, then we could always tweak the wording a bit (ie, "(Hunters) Rest and continue immediately at dawn, follow Orrul's lead."). But honestly I think yours is perfectly fine. It has my full support!
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Xalgoz on Sat May 19, 2012 6:45 pm

I vote for continuing on without rest. Disagree with any attempts to hedge, combine the options, force the decision on the NPC with us or anything else besides picking one of the two options presented to us and going with it.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby Tsuris on Sat May 19, 2012 7:21 pm

if Mirual is bleeding and being chased by a Kurr, finding her sooner, rather then later would be best.
Or at least find what's left of her.

But remember to come home alive, I'd advise against engaging the Kurr if you bump into it
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby goblin6 on Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Okay, I think we need to come to a consensus. A few have already made it clear on where they stand, but I would like to make a tally on who supports which option, this applies to the rescue team only. I for one, vote that we rest up and proceed at dawn. So please post which option you think is best, but remember, it's majority rules.

Option 1/Proceed without rest:0
supporters:

Option 2/Rest up and move out later:1
supporters:Myself(Ze'carga)

Also a reminder that Tamato already posted an incomplete advice without the consent of the group, and thus, her advice should be ignored.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Wy'shira on Sat May 19, 2012 8:02 pm

I support waiting for reasons above. My main fear is that we will find Mirual but be too exhausted to save her if we don't rest. That's where I cast my vote, but I think there's no clear answer, so I will eventually support whatever the majority agrees upon. (Great idea with the tally, Zec'arga!) :)

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre