The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Quick discussion: Mirual rescue

Postby Aeryll on Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 pm

A "return with Mirual to city at top speed, keep lookout for attacks" would be enough imho.

The healers know we're out to get Murial back to us. They just treated the injured from the returning expedition. I have to assume they are prepared to do some quick healing there! Either on Murial or on any of us that gets killed.
Aeryll
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Timotheus on Sat May 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Next week, as a result of deep thought while out rescuing Muriel, I want to present the following LA...

"Establish mana flare signal code and meanings using primary color flares" (71 letters)

Two single colors are warnings (Red danger - immediate, Blue - send help, yellow - possible trouble, stand by)

Other combinations of one, two, or three colors will have specified meanings (Fire, ambush, target found, we're here, come here, run away,...etc.)

(Examples -
Yellow-Yellow-Blue, bringing in/have injured people, have medical assistance stand by.
Yellow-Blue-Blue, bringing in/have injured people, have medical assistance come meet us.
Yellow-Blue-Red, bringing in/have severely injured people, send assistance ASAP.
Red-Red-Blue, party is in danger and needs assistance ASAP.
Red-Yellow-Red, party is trapped/surrounded/pinned down, approach carefully.

After that we should be able to send flare signals that will mean something. (I'm purposely not trying to list all the codes and their meanings. Too limiting and too micro.)
Last edited by Timotheus on Sun May 27, 2012 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Leonis on Sun May 27, 2012 2:27 am

This sounds like a sound plan and something that I could definately get behind TIm.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby goblin6 on Sun May 27, 2012 2:38 am

James Rye wrote:
Tsuris wrote:Gonna have to say no James, it's still close to meta knowledge in a way, even if it doesn't sound like it with the "if" and all, thalar will probably still see it as meta gaming due to it being posted.

When the hunters get back next LA update, then we can post options to heal her, until then, we don't know when they'll get back. Hunters now should focus on getting her back to the colony before the healers do anything. We'll heal her next week.

How is it meta if we send a rescue team to save someone who got chased by an animal which killed one of our own with ONE stroke? It isn´t meta gaming, it´s smarts. People always prepare for the worst, look at humankind, heck we prepare for everything and in the end weren´t prepared enough when something happens (lol).
If Thalar would answer that pm, the decision about this would get done mcuh smoother...

It's meta because you're not with the rescue team, specifically your character. Your character or anyone back at the colony aren't aware that we found Mirual and are heading back, much less aware that Mirual is in critical condition. You are looking at the situation from a third person view, the perspective of a player. So unless we develop ESP or go establish Tim's idea before an expedition, posting a healer advice would be a waste.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tsuris on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Any suggestions on wording for healing mirual?
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 pm

"(Healers) Devote all time to healing Mirual. Ask npcs for help." (65)

I'm not sure what better to call our NPC characters, but they should chip in. Sen mentioned something in the shoutbox that mentioned a specific healer. I don't think that's wise. If everyone helps out, Mirual will stand a better chance than if we appoint her a dedicated "doctor" of sorts.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby minalia on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Remove NPC. Thalar reads the advices in a litteral manner. NPC is not a term used by our characters. At worst your character will be saying rubbish and folks will be wondering what the hell are you talking about.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:56 pm

I think it's best to just not mention the NPCs if thalar wants to vote on it she'll vote for it, but Elif isn't really an NPC despite the fact that she's the GMs character, she's still listed as a character of a player

I think "(Healers) Devote all time to healing Mirual." would be enough

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Sen also suggested this, so that we have all the healer suggestions in one place: "Healers take extra care of Mirula. Use every equipment/meds to save her"
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby goblin6 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:12 pm

I prefer to go with this one:

Healers treat Mirula. Use everything needed for survival. Operate if needed

75 character

Last part is if in case Mirual's wounds are critical and require surgery.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tsuris on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 pm

I like that one too, I just take issue with the operation part, I'm not sure that's necessary because it falls under "everything needed for survival" bit ^^;

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby James Rye on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Yeah, but *Use* and *do* are two different things. The normal treatment is already covered with Healers treat her, the *use* means we will take everything we have and is needed to ensure her surival and the last one is only meant in case the first two are not enough. :)
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Timotheus on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 pm

Healers treat Mirual, take whatever actions needed to heal her.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Previous

Return to Community Centre