The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Re: Feral Hunt

Postby Tsuris on Mon May 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Considering they move around, if we find out there are any around us now, they may not be there anymore by the time we take action against them

@JD

I'm not proposing war, I'm proposing genocide, I'm well aware of the differences

these are vermin, I say we treat them as such

If it makes you feel less queasy, call it removing an infestation
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby benuminister on Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 pm

why kill them when you could enslave them? Seems just a waste of resources....

Plus don't we know they're attracted to shiny things?
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby minalia on Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 pm

ILharess Rumi told us some type of ferals are not cute and cuddly and outright dangerous. These type are to bloody dangerous to waste anytime capturing much less even attempting to enslave. I rather deal with kotorcs slaves then animals who are completely out of control and dangerous. Make no mistake these are intelligent animals who will never quit pestering us. To allow them inside our defensive perimeters is not a acceptable risk since we now have children in our clan. We cannot let those things near our youngest clan members.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris on Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 pm

I refuse to put the children of the clan at risk just because some people are too squeamish to do what needs to be done

These things are a threat, and they need to be dealt with, enslaving requires training, and we've had several rebellions on our hands in the past, these things seem like the type to incite rebellion, and cause trouble I'd rather avoid that and just exterminate them

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby goblin6 on Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 am

I highly doubt we can kill every single last one of them, don't forget that they're nomadic and they probably know the layout of the forest better then us, meaning they probably have plenty of escape routes if things go south for them. I still prefer enslaving them then outright genocide, or at least drive them out of the forest, but it will take a while for us to break them, much less civilize, and they have proven to be dangerously clever; so there's truth to those who argue that bringing them to our home is a bad idea.

These raccoons maybe nomadic, but even nomads have a gathering spot to commune with other groups/tribes, maybe this "Big Brother home" is one such spot. If we can find this spot and launch a successful attack, at best, we can devastate them and send a message that we're the dominant power of this forest and they'll leave for good lest they want another beating; mild case, we weaken they're hold over the forest and deter them from future raids against us. But Orrul warned us not to go there, he must have a good reason and the cat ferals have been providing us solid intel so far. So we should be cautious, gather as much info as we can, maybe some scouts to check it out and plan thoroughly before going ahead, that fact that it's called the "Big Brother" might suggest that there are other inhabitants other then the raccoons, maybe ones that are bigger and meaner then what we've seen so far. Otherwise, we may get our assess kicked and piss off a lot of wild ferals.
Last edited by goblin6 on Tue May 15, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby James Rye on Tue May 15, 2012 7:48 am

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:Despite everything, I am still opposed to outright genocide. The Raccoon Ferals have clearly put themselves in the 'definite enemy' camp, but "war" and "genocide" are not one in the same, and never should be.

We push them back (away from our city), force them out of the region altogether if need be, enslave any of those we take alive... Whatever it takes to make it clear to them that they should avoid us like the plague ( :P ). Genocide is overkill in terms of achieving this outcome.

~JD

I agree, plus we don´t know what will happen if we´d succes in killing them all(which i doubt): For example, what if the other feral clans will see this as a danger for the safety of them and their families and gather together to drive us our now? If one clan of raccons can make so much problems, i don´t wanna know what a bunch of feral clans will be able to do. If they manage to destroy our fields for example, we´d be in trouble.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Tsuris on Tue May 15, 2012 8:44 am

If the other feral clans are our allies, then they won't have to worry about us attacking them

so long as they don't fuck with us like the Raccoons have done.

Hell, if it instills fear in the other folks, all the better, let them know what happens if they cross us

If they don't mess with us, they'll have nothing to fear from us

Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby James Rye on Tue May 15, 2012 9:28 am

But they aren´t. We don´t even know how many of them exist in this huge forest. So far we have only 3 ferals that they came cause the Nals/we paid them, not for some sort of alliance. And since most feral tribes will be wild ones, they might rather see this as a challenge, a you or us one. Who knows what we´re getting outselves into if we do a genocide on the raccons.

What the-? The hell? I paif just now for a whole year and i still can´t log in??? All i get is a white page when i click on Path to Power! And Thalar´s still off and hasn´t answered anything!
Goddamnitall! >.<
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Thu May 31, 2012 4:16 am

benuminister wrote:It's a bit early to say how we'll deal with them exactly. Right now we just need to find out if there are any major pockets near us or not.

There's an easier method. We present a target for them to attack. Then we catch them in it.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Community Centre